Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01dRaxx0rsGoodieBag & 01dRaxx0rsBonusBag

What is it?
    A mutator that contains several characters and cosmetic assets for use in UT4, many of which simply came from the editor.
    right now version 1.3 contains the following:
    2 playable Skeleton characters, Fogleys, Mr.Crow'sTophat, Aviators, MK mask,
    Garog.Base, Taye.base, Visse.base, Samael.base, robot.base, tutorial character (These are just the standard characters but are not stuck in red team colors, except the robot who I had to take artistic liberties with due to lack of completion), BobHat, Triborg Mask, JL glasses, Visor, GENGHIS
    All characters use team colors as appropriate, have bots that use their meshes, and include a photo for Blitz.

Why did I make it?
    For the love of UT and to make more content available for use in game, and challenge myself to get into the editor and learn more about it.

How did I make it?
    Although some content is custom made by me, many of the assets were simply shared from the UT 4.15 editor.
    I have made a few video tutorials about what I have learned: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_I...uog762hNipe1bg

Where can it be downloaded?

01dRaxx0rsGoodieBag
    https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/mutator/1245

01dRaxx0rsBonusBag
    https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/mutator/1262
    Last edited by 01dRaxx0r; 04-24-2020, 09:23 PM.

Nice one 01dRaxx0r! Thanks for the Easter Eggs!

*Be sure to drop the downloaded file into your c:/Documents/UnrealTournament/Saved/Paks/DownloadedPaks folder and you'll be able to use this on any HUB/Server that also carries it.
    Loaded onto the LPA.
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 04-11-2020, 08:25 AM. Reason: Typo
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

THX for the mut

Really cool to see all those awesome assets in game, especially the robot in my case
      Stevie's corner
      Maps : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
      Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

You're very welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing these meshes running and gunning on servers like they were meant to.
        It's up to version 1.34 now with the addition of 3 more characters (skins) Hero, Reaper, and Lauren. All of which came from the editor and were a bit more difficult to get working in the game because I had to rig them to the base 3p skeleton and then polish them up in regard to vertex weights etc so you know their eyeballs stayed in their heads and stuff. I'm particularly proud of Reaper I think he came out really well. I did decide to ditch his extra vertices for his hair, and his floppy loincloth thing as it was giving me too many problems.
        Any ideas for the next versions?

Comment

THX for the update

But now, the robot is looking pitch black and extremely metallic? Everything was fine in the earlier release.

Hero (which I play with now) and Reaper are looking good. Lauren on the other hand has a weird head? Don't know how to explain, from the neck looking upward, its like her skin is streched and there is some sort of distorsion in her neck. But overall, the body look good

If you want more "must have" UT3 characters in UT4, you can check my page here. Look at the Characters section
          Stevie's corner
          Maps : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
            THX for the update

But now, the robot is looking pitch black and extremely metallic? Everything was fine in the earlier release.

Hero (which I play with now) and Reaper are looking good. Lauren on the other hand has a weird head? Don't know how to explain, from the neck looking upward, its like her skin is streched and there is some sort of distorsion in her neck. But overall, the body look good

If you want more "must have" UT3 characters in UT4, you can check my page here. Look at the Characters section
            Much appreciated on the feedback!
            The robot will be easy to revert I was trying a material instance to remove the distance "glow" which is noticeable in DM without teams. Reaper had it really bad so glad he looks good to you, I guess the goal is to make the character stand out from the background more?
            As for Lauren you nailed it, I got the bright idea to stretch Lauren's neck to make her as tall as she needed to be for the cosmetics to work properly with her, I thought it looked bad so I'm glad you said something. I'll work on her some more too.

As for the UT3 character suggestions that's great!! I'd love to work on that! It's easiest for me if characters are rigged and I can import into blender to work on them but I can work with most common mesh formats like fbx, obj, ascii... the UT formats seem pretty locked down (again I'm still learning so I could totally be doing it wrong)
            anyway I'll probably do them in a separate mutator so this one doesn't get too big since it's pushing 70mb at the moment.
            So I can fix the robot today and get that uploaded then see about Lauren and then little longer term get some more models!

Comment

Version 1.35 uploaded, corrected Robot materials and Lauren mesh. The latter is subjective, I think her head is too small for her body/armor but I didn't adjust it, I guess that's the way it is intended to be.

Comment

Added 01dRaxx0rsBonusBag at
                https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/mutator/1262 I plan to continue adding more custom content and characters to this mutator. The first is this robot:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	corrupt1.png Views:	0 Size:	595.1 KB ID:	409189

credit and link to original file https://www.deviantart.com/lezisell/...ONLY-667782223
                Last edited by 01dRaxx0r; 04-25-2020, 10:24 AM. Reason: added link to original file and credit to author

Comment

Nice one.
                  Unfortunately running on linux with an old integrated Intel GPU, all additional contents get almost every textures grey.
                  Not your fault, it tends to get better with new versions of kernel and MESA but linux UT uses an older version of the engine and also lack some shaders. So, it's the same with Mogno paks and and only a bit better with maps because more textures are reused...
                  Anyway, I had a smile looking at bots names. I know, that Epic gave the lead but I keep wondering what the next I will spot and if too many won't raise CBS lawyers hammer.

Comment

So NoSoulBack Holding it down with Linux and integrated wow! It's interesting to learn about the grey textures but I'm glad it's not just me because I wouldn't know how to help!
                    As for the bots yeah its pretty fun trying to name them, now that you mention it, I totally have to rename this dude's bot to Lore! What was I thinking with that bland bot name at release!!
                    I still have more work to do on him anyway (adding 1p arms and a picture for blitz) so that'll be no problem!!
                    The idea for this particular mesh was from Stevelois link here
                    Liandribots III. Unfortunately many of the links are dead or link to formats I can't easily import in blender.

Comment

THX for the update

The robot is looking fine again. I switch from robot to Hero all the time

I notice that GENGHIS hair look odd. Some kind of transparent mask in it? Loren, doesn't look better. In fact the head look to small for her body to me. Overall body look a bit low poly because I can see many curves that miss some poly's. It's just my opinion of course and THX for the effort

I didn't try the last robots.

An advice I can give is make a fraction or a character one by one and make sure they look awesome before going to another character. Put the emphasis on quality instead of quantity
                      Stevie's corner

Comment

Working...
                      X