Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Need Community help to make hats!

We've got the basic workflow for adding cosmetic items to Unreal Tournament worked out, and we've added a standard head shape with a couple of standard sockets to allow community artists to start creating some cosmetic items. More details on the workflow and requirements can be found at on the wiki at https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Creating_Cosmetic_Items .

We need your help! As we told you when we announced the Unreal Tournament project (see https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Unreal_Tournament ), we are creating a marketplace where mod creators can share their creations and even make some money. We are almost ready to start testing an early version of this marketplace, and we need some content to populate it.

For our first test content, it's very important that we have all submissions in our hands by Friday, February 20 at the latest. Earlier is better! We'll pick some of the best submissions to use as the test content for the UT marketplace.

Looking forward to seeing what you make!

Good stuff!!!! I'm still stumped however with scaling an item properly, as my mesh is just a *tad* too big for the character, and utilizing OTHER particle systems upon taunt besides the fire....

Comment

This is a great opportunity, I can't wait to see what people make. =)

Comment

I don't know if it's the right thread to ask this question, but are we allowed to make "fun" cosmetics? I've already seen some in this subforum, but what are the chances of them making it into the marketplace?

The official tutorial mentions two kinds of hats that would be implemented in game:
        There are two types of hats in UT: standard cosmetic hats and Leader hats. Standard cosmetic hats should fit the style and theme of the UT characters. Leader hats can be more expressive, and must also have a profile that is visible from a distance.
        Could you please anyhow expand on that? Does it mean that all quirky cosmetics will automatically be considered "leader hats"? What does it mean?

I have some fun ideas and I'd love to bring them to life, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to work on them if they're going to get rejected from the get-go.
        Last edited by prabab; 04-17-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Cool ,, currently I am working on a helmet, I'll try some more stuff out in that case.
          Cyphir - stay Zen

Comment

any1 else having trouble with the CosmeticItemTutorialMap, it looks different than the one in the tutorial and the hats don't work, it just floats there and flickers (going invisible and then visible again)

Comment

Originally posted by Gorzoid View Post
              any1 else having trouble with the CosmeticItemTutorialMap, it looks different than the one in the tutorial and the hats don't work, it just floats there and flickers (going invisible and then visible again)

I've found myself with the same problems not only with that tutorial map. Im guessing as the engines have been updated the tutorials were not adjusted to fit the updates? Its making learning ue4 through tutorials very frustrating

Comment

Awesome, time to make some hats

Comment

Is it still possible to share new items to the marketplace?

Comment

Hello, I would like to contribute, can i still do so?

Comment

Working...
                    X