Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Necris Facemask

Hi there,

I plan to do a facemask for the Necris. With covering the mouth, and nose those eyes become really brutal in my opinion.

First test in unreal engine:

Note: It is in the engine with simple materials, only with basic, not final detailed normal map. No Ambient occlusion, specular etc. is ready yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KĂ©pkivágás[1].PNG
Views:	1
Size:	806.1 KB
ID:	356056

Name:	KĂ©pkivágás3[1].jpg
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	356057
    Last edited by codexe; 04-06-2015, 03:05 PM.
    I love Unreal, and I love art. Being in paradise..

Originally posted by codexe View Post
    Hi there,

I plan to do a facemask for the Necris. With covering the mouth, and nose those eyes become really brutal in my opinion.

First test in unreal engine:

Note: It is in the engine with simple materials, only with basic, not final detailed normal map. No Ambient occlusion, specular etc. is ready yet.

It looks incredible ! Some really good work here, love it !

Comment

look's pretty well ! *thumps up*

Comment

wow! very impressive, keep going

Comment

Thanks for the comments, glad you like it. Wanted to continue today, but the editor is crashing all the time at startup. I tried everything, but I can't make it work.

Comment

Tiny update, still not final. Testing AO, and other maps.

Last edited by codexe; 04-14-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Looks amazing tbh.

Comment

You made Necris look even cooler, I almost get the vibes that "this is how Necris should have looked like" :P Except it perhaps has too much of a "Hannibal Lecter" feel to it but yea it sure looks great though.

I can totally picture myself hearing those "My House" Darth Vader-like tube'ish sounding taunt this should have. :P
                Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-14-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Cost the Facemask in the Marketplace real Money or it the Facemask gratis?

Comment

The facemask pulls together the Necris design fantastically. My only complaint here is I feel it is too bulky. I would try to slim it down a bit (rough estimate 10-15%), especially on the cheekbones and lower jaw. This thing looks so heavy that it'd be cumbersome to wear.
                    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

So much win!!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm working on it.
                        Last edited by codexe; 04-15-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

This looks very nice codexe. Mind doing a low-poly wire and normal/metal/AO maps show & tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Sigmafie View Post
                            This looks very nice codexe. Mind doing a low-poly wire and normal/metal/AO maps show & tell?
                            Okay, so here is a wireframe, assembled with the necris character. The facemask has in total 2215 vertices, the maximum for cosmetic items (hats /glasses /masks) are 3000 verts in total. I was calculating with 1900 verts in total, but unfortunately we have here some bended / curved objects, which need to have enough detail to look right. Maps I will post a bit later today, because they are still not final.

Last edited by codexe; 04-17-2015, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Name:	Necris_facemask.jpg
Size:	850.7 KB
ID:	337504

Beauty shot

Last edited by codexe; 04-18-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X