Paul's Other Cosmetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul's Other Cosmetics

Hey! I feel I kind-of shoe-horned myself into a corner with my other thread being just about one group of cosmetics. This thread is for ALL my cosmetics that don't fit into the topic my first thread. I'll keep this thread updated with smaller/more abstract cosmetics, with more emphasis on variety over thematic consistency.

Page One: The Golden Kestrel Crown.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

A sort of Aztec/Mayan ceremonial crown, but also fits Egyptian themes! Almost in-engine. These shots were taken in Quixel Suite.

You should try to work with Neil to make it even more (na pali/aztec/nali) and release it at the same time as DM-Deep. Also it looks like it might make sick shoulder pads.
    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
    MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
    Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

The Kestral Crown In-Game. looking particularly regal!

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post

The Kestral Crown In-Game. looking particularly regal!
        Looks great. Reminds me of a crown from one of the Star Trek episodes. I really enjoy seeing this kind of stuff, especially since it's kind of abstract and I can see it being used in multiple ways.
        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Thanks Wail! I'll try to make sure I do more 'out there' designs that still fit the UT fiction. For now, I felt the itch to do some Necris stuff:

A new hipoly mesh for a pice of Necris Eyewear: the Necris Ocular Implant (name WIP). Please give me crits as necessary.

Comment

A new hipoly mesh for a pice of Necris Eyewear: the Necris Ocular Implant (name WIP). Please give me crits as necessary.
            That looks awesome. How do the 4 braces (not the cables/tubes but the "X" braces) secure to the face, if at all? Are you designing it this way to "snap" into a collar or mouth/face guard? If not, maybe expand the braces to provide more adequate support.

Crappy illustration:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kethoth View Post
              That looks awesome. How do the 4 braces (not the cables/tubes but the "X" braces) secure to the face, if at all? Are you designing it this way to "snap" into a collar or mouth/face guard? If not, maybe expand the braces to provide more adequate support.

Crappy illustration:

Hey, thanks! I think I'll add some bolts / screws to look like the implant is drilled into the skull!

Comment

Not really a crit but more of a wish -- Something more arachnid or insectoid in nature would be fantastic and unique. The way this looks right now reminds me more of a steampunk-style, and doesn't really have the edge that Necris ought to have.
                Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Necris Oculus rift

Comment

weekend free time is over!

I probably wont have much more time until next weekend to do more work. Here is an updated hipoly WIP of the Neculus Rift.

Comment

weekend free time is over!

I probably wont have much more time until next weekend to do more work. Here is an updated hipoly WIP of the Neculus Rift.

Looking good!

I just woke up and all I can see now is someone w/ a Staryu stuck to their face. I need coffee.

Comment

Neculus rift looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                          You definitely have a thing for masks lmao
                          Yeah, I find it an easy way to customise a character's face without needing to model a new head. That, and most Sci Fi heroes wear face-concealing helmets/masks. It's a popular design choice.

Comment

I absolutely love that ocular implant, it looks like something straight out of Tetsuo 2: Body Hammer! The crown looks great too, would make a good item for Nakhti / Sun Blade characters.

Comment

Neculus Rift looking really unique and strange, but in a good way.
                              Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Working...
                              X