X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Sticky please] UnrealTournament source code compilation

Getting the source code from Github

You can associate your Github username with your Unreal Engine account on your profile's settings https://www.unrealengine.com/settings. Epic will give you access to both the UnrealEngine and UnrealTournament repositories.

Windows
    1. Be sure to have Visual Studio 2013 installed.
    2. right click on UnrealTournament.uproject to generate C++ project files.
    3. You can now open up UnrealTournament.uproject in the editor!

Debugging
    I'm not yet aware of any debugging steps on Windows. If you have valuable information PM me or post a reply.

Mac Osx
    1. Be sure to have Xcode 5.1 installed.
    2. right click on on UnrealTournament.uproject > services and click on Generate xcode project to generate C++ project files.
    3. Open UnrealTournament.codeproj and make sure to select UnrealTournamentEditor - Mac from the scheme selector.
    4. Goto Product > Build For > Profiling (this will build in development mode)
    5. You can now open up UnrealTournament.uproject in the editor!

Debugging
    For some reason if you can't generate the UnrealTournament.xcodeproj files or you can't import UnrealTournament.uproject in the editor follow these steps:

Determine if you have the binary installed (downloaded via the website) or if you compiled from source.

Compiled from source:
    1. Open terminal and cd to the following directory UnrealEngine/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac (this is the location where you cloned the engine
    2. repository).
    3. Run the following command: ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh. -project="/Path/To/UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament.uproject" -game`.
    4. This will generate the UnrealTournament.xcodeproj file.

Downloaded Binary:
    1. Open terminal and cd to the following directory /Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.1/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac.
    2. Run the following command: ./RocketGenerateProjectFiles.sh -project="/Path/To/UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament.uproject" -game.
    3. This will generate the UnrealTournament.xcodeproj file.

Follow up steps:
    1. Open UnrealTournament.xcodeproj in Xcode, and make sure to select UnrealTournamentEditor - Mac from the scheme selector.
    2. Goto Product > Build For > Profiling (this will build in development mode)

Tips

There is a difference between RocketGenerateProjectFiles and GenerateProjectFiles. When you are using the latest source compiled version of Unreal Engine you ought to use GenerateProjectfiles.sh. But when you are using the binary (downloaded) version of the UnrealEngine you ought to use RocketGenerateProjectFiles.sh
    Last edited by DZwijnenburg; 05-17-2014, 04:41 AM. Reason: Tip from Zombie

I've been trying all morning to find the code to compile to make a project for UE4, where do I get it?

Thanks,

Zombie

EDIT: My bad, I didn't realise I had to associate my UE4 account to access Github, I did that and it works a charm!
    Last edited by Zombie; 05-15-2014, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
      I've been trying all morning to find the code to compile to make a project for UE4, where do I get it?

Thanks,

Zombie

EDIT: My bad, I didn't realise I had to associate my UE4 account to access Github, I did that and it works a charm!
      I've updated the opening post, thanks!

Comment

Anyone know if this works on the Express version of VS2013, or other version of Visual Studio?

Comment

Originally posted by TGRye View Post
          Anyone know if this works on the Express version of VS2013
          I haven't tried it, however I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't.
          http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/325/16447qq9.png http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7066/2364.png

Comment

Originally posted by TGRye View Post
            Anyone know if this works on the Express version of VS2013, or other version of Visual Studio?
            Yes, it does.
            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I'm interested in licensing UE4 so I can participate. However, I'm curious about how the project is being managed.

Does Epic provide licensees access to any project management features (BTS, to-do lists, etc.) specific to UT, or is this all accomplished through Github?

Comment

Originally posted by gzv View Post
                I'm interested in licensing UE4 so I can participate. However, I'm curious about how the project is being managed.

Does Epic provide licensees access to any project management features (BTS, to-do lists, etc.) specific to UT, or is this all accomplished through Github?
                For now everything is done through the forums and you can contribute through Github.

Comment

Alright, I updated my Unreal account with my GitHub username! I assume it takes a few days to be added to access the two repos? I have Visual Studio all ready to go to peruse the code.

Comment

Hi!
                    I just created GitHub account, and linked it on UT.com/settings page, but I still dont have access to the repo.
                    Do I have to wait some amount of time to get repo?

Comment

check if you got a invite from epic games github organisation in your email-inbox, you have to accept that one to get access to the repos

Comment

Originally posted by DZwijnenburg View Post
                        Windows
                        1. Be sure to have Visual Studio 2013 installed.
                        2. right click on UnrealTournament.uproject to generate C++ project files.
                        What exactly do you mean by "right clicking the uproject" file? Is there anything i am doing wrong?
                        I got VC 2013 installed but there is nothing it can do with it i think? Or am i missing something?

Thanks for any help

Edit: Nevermind, i think all i need to do is run the batch files sorry
                        Last edited by zunnie; 05-31-2015, 01:02 PM. Reason: oops...
                        Pro 2 Play Community Website @ https://www.pro2play.com/
                        UT4 Server/Hub Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut4/guide.php
                        UT3 Server Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut3/serverguide.php
                        Need help? Join Discord Chat @ https://discord.gg/ETv384q

Comment

This post is VERY old. It does not accurately represent how to do this anymore.
                          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

How do you generate project files on linux?

Comment

%cloned git folder%/GenerateProjectFiles.sh

Comment

Working...
                              X