Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the current github clean-master produces two errors - missing HarfBuzz reference (PeteNub said he pushed an update to fix that) and another is this one:
    ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: X:\UT\UnrealTournamentGit\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament\Plugins\WebMRecord\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-WebMRecord.pdb
    29> Total build time: 14,13 seconds

The compilation finishes though
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

The GitHub repo is missing the "Social" module, so GenerateProjectFiles.bat fails with "Couldn't find module rules for module 'Social'" error message. As a result it's impossible to compile anything.
      "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
      - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I've tried randomly on a few occasions to get the code working but it's never happened for me (Using the readme file). I get some Manzana errors now in the deployment server project.
        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post
          I've tried randomly on a few occasions to get the code working but it's never happened for me (Using the readme file). I get some Manzana errors now in the deployment server project.
          Are you using clean-master or release?
          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Speaking of building, what's the "deployment server" project? The specific server builds use the "Shipping Server" solution/configuration form the same project as the editor/game/client.

I can confirm the following configurations using VS2013 (built from the latest compatible release branch: 90d59b1):
            - Development Editor - Win64
            - Shipping - Win64
            - Shipping - Win32
            - Shipping - Linux
            - Shipping Server - Win64
            - Shipping Server - Win32
            - Shipping Server - Linux
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
              Are you using clean-master or release?
              I've been using clean-master. Is that the right one?
              Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Release branch is the one you should use if you are going to make content which should be compatible to the client (without any additional modifications of the binary files). But...
                As they're about to release a new bulild, the release branch is updated which can result into the source not being able to build/compile without any errors. You'd need to download or checkout a specific commit/version/repo.

For instance, this is the 2926870 build source archive (checking out with git is a lot easier to manage tho):
                https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealT...a436a5331b.zip

Clean-master is the ongoing development branch which also contains most of the up-to-date maps and map fixes (if not Epic internal like Tuba's meshed version once was until some days ago).
                ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

I'm going to say no because Epic doesn't really test git builds and clean master is broken half the time because of it.
                  HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                  BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the release branch and see if I can get that working.

Comment

I did indeed get it working! I re-downloaded everything from the new release build and followed the read me file and it all works.

Thanks for the help.

Maybe the top post could be updated as it's very different from what was stated there.

Comment

Release branch update?

@knepleyp knepleyp committed with knepleyp #Binaries
                        Latest commit aaa5ac2 27 days ago

Comment

Release branch update?
                          Branch snapshot for CL 3166164
                          Unrealbot committed with Unrealbot@epicgames.com 23 days ago

Comment

[MENTION=8009]knepleyp[/MENTION] [MENTION=6013]PeteNub[/MENTION]
                            Is the release still the branch to use for the Launcher build? Anything changed regarding that? It is still oudated.

Comment

Hi there!
                              Can anybody re-fresh the post to make the subject alive?
                              Thanks a lot in advance!

Comment

Working...
                              X