Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Localization - Helpboard

Hi!

I saw on the Trello board that you (Epic) would like help from the community regarding localization. Considering it is scheduled for March/April, I think it's a good time to put this helpboard up. Just post here some information regarding the language you can help with, so that Epic knows who they can contact with requests.

Let's keep a simple format for the posts:

Translation text
    • Hungarian
    • Slovak/Czech
    • German

If you can help with audio/voiceacting as well (e.g. Announcer in various languages), just 'VA' next to the language in brackets.

I played UT3 in German once. 'Headshot!' sounds weird as hell.

Last edited by InVader; 01-19-2016, 11:19 AM.
    Check out my work!
    | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
    | Localization

Just a heads up — Trello board hasn't been updated since last April and if you'll look at the board closely, Localization was added to it in fall of 2014 and it was planned for March/April of 2015. For certain reasons localization has been delayed indefinitely.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
      Just a heads up — Trello board hasn't been updated since last April and if you'll look at the board closely, Localization was added to it in fall of 2014 and it was planned for March/April of 2015. For certain reasons localization has been delayed indefinitely.
      Well, probably because nobody offered help with this? Having this helpboard can't possibly hurt. At least the very idea of it is pushed a bit.
      Check out my work!
      | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
      | Localization

Comment

Originally posted by InVader View Post
        Well, probably because nobody offered help with this?
        No, the reason is different. The thread won't hurt, but currently the whole localization pipeline is a bit cranky and not without issues.
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I can help with Spanish whenever it becomes necessary. I have translated the UT2004 and UT3 versions of Jailbreak, and I have also made patches for UT3 and Killling Floor's localizations, correcting tons of mistakes...
          DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
          My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
          My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

I can help with Italian. I'm also a Steam Translator. I've translated some of Half-Life (the first one) and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and I would like to give a big help to make this game available in my language as well.

My contacts can be found in my profile page's "Biography" field.

Cheers.
            Last edited by Cianez; 04-15-2016, 03:28 AM.

Comment

I can translate to German. I've been a member of the Steam Translation Server (Steam's official translation service) for about 2 years, translating parts of Team Fortress 2, Estranged: Act I and Aperture Tag. I'm also an active translator of the Official Team Fortress 2 Wiki.

Localization doesn't seem to be the most urgent topic on UT development at the moment, but I'll leave this here in case the focus shifts.

Comment

Working...
              X