Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need this Onslaught !

We need this

• Onslaught — or ONS is a vehicle-based game mode in which the objective is to capture a series of power nodes connecting your and your opponents’ bases and destroy the power core located within their base. First team to destroy opponents’ power core wins.

This is available in : "Unreal Tournament 2003", "Unreal Tournament 2004" , "Unreal Tournament 3 in 2007"

"And I think that I and many others also expect it in this New UNREAL TOURNAMENT"

Let's go when they start with this!
    Attached Files

Wrong, UT2k3 didn't have any vehicles. They appeared in UT2k4 and UT3 only.

Vehicles and vehicular game modes aren't planned in the near future. They will come to it eventually, but it will be way later in the list, and since the game is early in it's development you'll have to show some patience.

Comment

I found this gametype to be extremely boring because in-between the nodes there was an immense amount of downtime, especially if you had a slow vehicle. Especially in publics, you would not get a good spread defending the nodes and as a result you'd be continually pinging across empty landscape to get to the different action points. Perhaps they fixed it in UT3, I didn't play.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
        Vehicles and vehicular game modes aren't planned in the near future. They will come to it eventually, but it will be way later in the list, and since the game is early in it's development you'll have to show some patience.
        At two months shy of three years into development this excuse doesn't really hold water. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect there to at least be the beginnings of vehicles by now.
        Last edited by Crafty; 03-09-2017, 04:48 AM.
        C++: Spray prototype | Compilation Tweaks | Maps: Quayside (inactive)

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
          At two months shy of three years into development this excuse doesn't really hold water. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect there to at least be the beginnings of vehicles by now.
          The issue is that you think in terms of time. Indeed at 3 years, you would expect studios making AAA titles and having a huge team with good financial backup that they advanced substancially in the devellopment of their game.

But in UT4 we don't have that, it's only small team, and tho I don't know how much money EPIC's willing to put in this project I'm expecting that it's not an incredible amount. Especially when you know they're focusing a lot on Paragon.

Comment

For the sake of keeping up with the canon, Vehicles appeared in Unreal 2 and Unreal 2 XMP, UT2k3 didn't have any vehicles per se but it did have an experimental functioning Karma physics-based KVehicle "Bulldog" that could have been spawned via console command, later followed by SVehicles in UT2k4, then (probably) physics based vehicles in UT3 and UDK.

Yes, I am shamelessly propagating an idea that Vehicle legacy in Unreal franchise should not be underestimated.
            Last edited by Hayrack; 03-09-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayrack View Post
              For the sake of keeping up with the canon, Vehicles appeared in Unreal 2 and Unreal 2 XMP, UT2k3 didn't have any vehicles per se but it did have an experimental functioning Karma physics-based KVehicle "Bulldog" that could have been spawned via console command, later followed by SVehicles in UT2k4, then (probably) physics based vehicles in UT3 and UDK.

Yes, I am shamelessly propagating an idea that Vehicle legacy in Unreal franchise should not be underestimated.
              Right, I forgot Unreal 2, but I only mention vehicles that appeared officially in the games and were playable, not community created content or that wasn't clearly appearing as these are more or less known by the public.

I am not underestimating them, I would gladly like them to return, but it won't happen in the foreseeable future.

Comment

not in this decade i think, no offence to the dev's, even the main stream engine seem's to be exiting vehicles, not sure if this is due to issues with physx but we all know it's not top priority = not vr or mobile.

its a big job so it will be a long wait .
                UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

We could have ONS without the vehicles... Just some models from UT3, a bit of coding... shouldn't be too difficult for someone familiar with the engine...

Comment

no Downtown or Torlan

Comment

Originally posted by LiliumAtratum View Post
                      We could have ONS without the vehicles... Just some models from UT3, a bit of coding... shouldn't be too difficult for someone familiar with the engine...
                      I agree. Also the cars are easy, i already saw wheel-movement inside the engine. The thing with ONS is, it has a huge casual factor. If you remember UT2004, you remember playing that usually, which means > many players

Comment

There may be some old school players that do not agree but I loved onslaught mode. I still love DM but mixing in ONS and the gorgeous sound track really made Unreal for me. It added a layer of gameplay that Halo still never was able to duplicate. Wish there was more support for Unreal.

Comment

I sometimes play UT 3 Warfare Sentinel Wars Server. It is so much fun and better than any ONS server I saw in UT 2004. At that server you have Sentinels mutator - you are able to mount a different types of turret + Titan mutator (standard UT3 Black edition mutator) and Relic mutator - relics give you different powers. VCTF is also another cool gametype. I wish to see this stuff in UT4.

Server test video
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QONzE5PEhRc

Comment

Working...
                          X