Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Mutator] ArmorWare for UT 0.1.12.1 - no startup armor, stacking limit 150, unified 66.6% absorbtion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Mutator] ArmorWare for UT 0.1.12.1 - no startup armor, stacking limit 150, unified 66.6% absorbtion

Hi!

Had some hard time guessing where to post it. Still not convinced to call blueprints a 'programming', but... oh well, let's get to the point!

ArmorWare is a simple mutator which changes only these three things in the current armor system:
    - no starting armor +25
    - armor stacking limit increased from 100 to 150
    - unified value for armor absorption initially set to 75%, currently equals to 66.66667%

A notice about 'self-stacking': having so many different opinions I decided to leave it as it is for now to see how it works with new stacking limit of 150.

Latest PAK for UTBuild 0.1.12.1: ArmorWareMut_0_1_12_1-WindowsNoEditor.pak

Had no idea what server admins may need for a mutator pak, so please correct me if you need more info for your configs:
    Code:
    + RequiredPackages=ArmorWareMut_0_1_12_1-WindowsNoEditor
    + RedirectReferences=(PackageName="ArmorWareMut_0_1_12_1-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="YOUR_OWN_REDIRECT_URL", PackageChecksum="a213d33f5037feb442bd22cf219d1e17")

GameOptions=?mutator=/Game/ArmorWareMut/ArmorWareMut_0_1_12_1.ArmorWareMut_0_1_12_1_C
    Last edited by insomnaut; 07-13-2017, 08:19 PM.
    @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Ok, I've managed to override DamageTaken function in DefaultPawn in a simple way to get unified 75% damage absorbtion for armor in general.
    Will post v2 later today, now in a desperate need for sleep :P

Testers needed!
    Last edited by insomnaut; 03-29-2017, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by insomnaut View Post
      they are hardcoded in UTCharacter.cpp source and there's not much to be done with that in a reasonable amount of time (but I'll try to find some way :P)
      Isn't it remarkable how mod-unfriendly the new armor code is? I made a pull request to loosen the code here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealTournament/pull/302.
      RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

Comment

Originally posted by Trev View Post
        Isn't it remarkable how mod-unfriendly the new armor code is? I made a pull request to loosen the code here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealTournament/pull/302.
        Thanks for the pull.

Yeah I agree the new armor code is hard to mod.

Thankfully functions responsible for the changes are accessible via blueprints for overriding, so I could patch the armor system around with a couple of child classes and bind them to the mutator. Tried to get all logic covered, but not everything seemed doable, i.e. calling ModifyDamageTaken() on each item in inventory. Hopefully this is not necessary regarding the current set of powerups.

I may go into very details if needed.

Comment

Looks like it's working online.
          Thanks to [MENTION=19890]MoxNix[/MENTION] for interest and support!

Comment

Mutator recooked, OP updated.
            Have fun.

Comment

Thanks to MoxNix, here below is a sample ruleset config for your hubs, etc. If you feel encouraged to make some use of this, then feel free to do so

Code:
              {
                "uniqueTag": "AWDuel",
                "categories": [
                    "ArmorWare"
                 ],
                "title": "ArmorWare Duel",
                "tooltip": "Duel with ArmorWare mutator",
                "description": "Duel on custom maps from community mappers.\n\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>TimeLimit : %timelimit% minutes</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Maximum players: %maxplayers%</>",
                "mapPrefixes": ["DM"],
                "maxMapsInList": 0,
                "defaultMap": "/Game/Maps/DM-Nitro-V22",
                "customMapList": [],
                  "maxPlayers": 2,
                  "displayTexture": "Texture2D'/Game/RestrictedAssets/UI/GameModeBadges/GB_Duel.GB_Duel'",
                  "gameMode": "/Script/UnrealTournament.UTDuelGame",
                  "gameOptions": "?TimeLimit=10?ForceNoBots=0?Botfill=2?GoalScore=0?mutator=/Game/ArmorWareMut/ArmorWareMut_v2.ArmorWareMut_v2_C,/Game/AbsoluteHitSounds/Mutator_AbsoluteHitSounds.Mutator_AbsoluteHitSounds_C",
                  "requiredPackages": [],
                  "bTeamGame": true,
                  "bCompetitiveMatch": true,
                  "optionFlags": 65535,
                  "maxPlayers": 8,
                  "bHideFromUI": false
                },

Comment

Hopefully more people realise this is available so we can have an armour system that doesn't suck.
                :|

Comment

Recooked for UTBuild 0.1.11.
                  Enjoy.

Comment

Thanks for this will be getting it put up in the Australia server we use.

Comment

Originally posted by blaise_nz View Post
                      Thanks for this will be getting it put up in the Australia server we use.
                      Cool! Have fun

Comment

Can you recook this for the new build, please?

Comment

Originally posted by legionz View Post
                          Can you recook this for the new build, please?
                          Sure. I've been trying to cook my content for last 2 days, but finally it's up. You may grab it from the opening post.
                          Cheers!

Comment

New build again - curious if you would consider bringing the 75% absorb rate down to more like 66% - 68%. 75% feels really heavy. Granted it's better than the current normal armor system though.

Comment

Originally posted by RøOk!e View Post
                              New build again - curious if you would consider bringing the 75% absorb rate down to more like 66% - 68%.
                              Let's try it out then
                              Updated for 0.1.12.1, a new absorbtion value included.

Comment

Working...
                              X