Look speed slider for controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look speed slider for controller?

I downloaded this game awhile back and have still not been able to enjoy it because I've been waiting awhile now for an option to change my look speed with a controller. Is anyone able to add this in? Or at the very least an option to turn controller support off so I can use xpadder instead? I'd very much like to play this game but I have carpal tunnel and have a hard time playing with mouse and keyboard. Please someone add in a slider for look speed for controller.
    Last edited by stevil935; 05-29-2017, 01:56 AM.

Assuming you have a dual analog thumbstick gamepad, with "look" on the right thumb which maps as gamepadright x/y, you may at present add the following lines below the [/Script/Engine.InputSettings] section of Input.ini (located in \Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\):

AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_RightX",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_RightY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))

increase Sensitivity to Sensitivity=2.0, for example, to make look speed faster. Trial and error for this is about the same effort as if a menu option were available, except ini edit such as this may require the game be restarted to take effect.

Comment

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...-using-xpadder

This is one way I got it working using Xpadder

Comment

I'm new to the UT scene, and I found this old post when researching how to increase the look speed on a game pad controller. Inserting the two AxisConfig lines does indeed allow me to increase the look speed, but now the character drifts within the game. I remove the two lines, and the drift stops, but the look speed is gone. Anyone have a solution to this? I also followed the link provided by Cattlepsy, but what is Xpadder? I am attempting to use an xbox controller.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyPotatoes View Post
          I'm new to the UT scene, and I found this old post when researching how to increase the look speed on a game pad controller. Inserting the two AxisConfig lines does indeed allow me to increase the look speed, but now the character drifts within the game. I remove the two lines, and the drift stops, but the look speed is gone. Anyone have a solution to this? I also followed the link provided by Cattlepsy, but what is Xpadder? I am attempting to use an xbox controller.
          Hey mate, I just figured out a fix for the drifting if you still need it. All you need to do is add those 2 lines again under the first ones you put in but change "Gamepad_RightX/Y" to "Gamepad_LeftX/Y" so it should look like

AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_RightX",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
          AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_RightY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
          AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_LeftX",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
          AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_LeftY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))

Comment

Working...
          X