Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downgrading unreal tournament 4

How do start this post...
    to put it simply i was wondering for a long time if it is possible to play older pre alpha builds of unreal tournament 4 the game looks different in older versions eg all the weapons are from ut3 ect i really just want to do this for my curiosity as unreal tournament 4 has not been updated for about a year now i wanted to go back and look at the older updates
    Ut4 as of early 2015 with ut3 weapons

Maybe. If you can still find and download them. If using Windows, pretty sure you will have to bypass the Epic Launcher to run them. If using Linux = no Launcher, so no problem. You will only get to play offline against bots.
    No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

You can try fishing in the Announcement sub forums for older versions, but you will get to see https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...d-Instructions

Comment

Originally posted by The-Cowboy View Post
        You can try fishing in the Announcement sub forums for older versions, but you will get to see https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...d-Instructions
        I have attempted that link it seems to give me a 404 and says access denied is there certain privileges i need to access this page

Comment

Looks like Linux is the only option. In the Announcements sub-forum the posts for older versions still have some working links to download Linux Client, Windows Server, and Linux Server. The Windows Client is only available through the Launcher, which means only the most current version.
          No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the changes in weapons and movement started in first half of 2015. The links to the release notes in the anouncement thread take you to the last update in 2017. Looks like you can brute force back further if you have the patience. Not sure if the launcher or server will cooperate with your plan.
            Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC North America Warfare #2

Comment

Ok ill try and see what i can do thx for the reply

Comment

Working...
              X