Nvidia Shield Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia Shield Tablet

I understand UT is in very early stages, but would it be possible for me to compile UT for android to test on the Nvidia Shield tablet? I have attempted many times with no success.

I Would Also Like To Know If This Is Possible?

Comment

I managed to make it work to an extent.

What works:
      1. Building the project for Android.
      2. Installing the game on the tablet.
      3. Loading the main menu and interacting with the settings dialogs.
      4. Starting a local game. (Only works for the 5 second pre-game countdown, it crashes on round start)
      5. Onscreen touch input and the Shield controller can both move the camera in pregame.
      6. Performance is ok: Was getting 25-45 FPS in decktest. There is lots of room for improvement here, I was spending most of my time trying to fix the crash on round start.

What doesn't work:
      1. Compiling the project from source fails due to a warning treated as an error. Comment out line 221 of UTLobbyMatchInfo.cpp (it does nothing) You're looking for this: "CurrentState == ELobbyMatchState::Setup;"
      2. Joining LAN games hosted on a PC. (Server log shows a connection, but the game on the tablet gets instantly disconnected before it loads the map)
      3. Logging in to your forum account. The box to do this is never displayed.
      4. The server browser shows the refresh button even though you are not logged in. It finds 0 servers as expected.
      5. Starting the game without modifications. The "Do you accept EULA" message box uses platform specific APIs that don't exist on Android so I had to remove it. (Section starts on line 33 of UTGameEngine.cpp. Look for "if (bFirstRun)")
      6. GDB debugging. I can get it to attach but it always gives me the error message:

Device API level: 21.
      Android: Pulling system/lib64/...
      Android: Pulling system/vendor/lib64/...
      Android: Pulling system/bin/app_process...
      Android: Pulling system/bin/app_process32...
      Android: Pulling system/bin/app_process64...
      Android: Pulling system/bin/linker64...
      Android: Pulling system/lib64/libc.so...
      Android: Setting ports...
      Android: Starting GDB server on device...
      Android: Starting C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 12.0\COMMON7\IDE\EXTENSIONS\NVIDIA\NSIGHT TEGRA\2.0\Debuggers\gdb.exe ...
      gdb.setup file was not found, initialization is skipped.
      Android: Loading C:\Users\my_user_name\AppData\Local\Temp\Android\04141149045530015c5e\system\bin\app_process32 ...
      Android: Connecting to remote device...
      The program '[19802] com.epicgames.UnrealTournament' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

And results in being unable to view stack traces when the game crashes. The gdb.setup file is being created in this folder:
      UnrealTournament\Intermediate\Android\APK\libs\armeabi-v7a

I'm not sure why it's not working.

My goal was to be able to spectate games rather than actually play. Playing with touch/controller input isn't really going to be competitive, but those limitations don't matter for a spectator. This is based on the observation that spectating a game uses substantially less bandwidth than watching a video steam. (twitch, ect) This is very useful for dealing with data caps on LTE.

Comment

Wow, that is some impressive progress. I am interested in having it work on my Shield Tablet as well.
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

So What Your Saying Is This Is Possiable ?
          Second What Settings Did You Have This Game At ?

Comment

Originally posted by knightmare View Post
            So What Your Saying Is This Is Possiable ?
            Second What Settings Did You Have This Game At ?
            I set everything in-game to low, but there are more tweaks that can be applied in the editor and INI.

Comment

Cheers guys! Good news! Good news! I have found a free games apk, wish it can solve your problem.
              Last edited by WinnieYuky; 09-09-2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

I also had the same problem. Have you solved it? I tried at https://ring320kbps.com but it didn't work
                Last edited by jasonhawker; 12-06-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I think it's impossible to save suonerie
                  Last edited by nickwilsonss; 03-01-2020, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X