Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed compiling UT source (with integrated Engine source)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed compiling UT source (with integrated Engine source)

I am assuming the new UT source doesn't need the extra engine source from Github as stated:
    The Full Engine Source is included in the repository with the unreal project. You do NOT need to download or install another engine.
    So following the official tutorial here using a Git client, I end up getting a problem. The error message is the following one:
    "SlateWordWrapper.h": No such file or directory
    I quickly checked if the file is existing on my side, which wasn't the case. I checked the online repository of UT (including the engine source). It looks like the file is also missing. So I search the Engine source repo and I found that file. How should I compile the engine/UT then? Is this a problem on the engine source integrated into the UT repo?

Edit: New problem here...
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...791#post137791
    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 02-11-2015, 04:04 AM. Reason: New problem.
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    I am assuming the new UT source doesn't need the extra engine source from Github as stated:

So following the official tutorial here using a Git client, I end up getting a problem. The error message is the following one:

I quickly checked if the file is existing on my side, which wasn't the case. I checked the online repository of UT (including the engine source). It looks like the file is also missing. So I search the Engine source repo and I found that file. How should I compile the engine/UT then? Is this a problem on the engine source integrated into the UT repo?
    UT is out of sync with the current engine source. They merged a bunch of fixes in over the weekend but don't seem to have finished that up yet...
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I thought UT would be in sync in itself with its own Engine though, which is the purpose of using an integrated Engine source, right... I loaded the files somewhen last week. Looks like they have fixed SMultiLineEditableText (where the header file was referenced) last week as well. Bad timing from my side. Compiling right now and see if it works...

Edit:
      Compiling is working.
      Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 02-10-2015, 12:19 PM.
      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

As I checked out the new commits and compiled the source, I didn't get any problems with compiling. So, I started the editor and everything loaded fine (except some content loading problems). The shaders got compiled and I hit the "Play" button trying to run the Example_Map file. That's where the journey ends. The editor crashes with the following error message (running Windows 7 x64):
        Code:
        Assertion failed: IsValid() [File:D:\Path\UnrealTournament\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\SharedPointer.h] [Line: 658] 

KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x000007fefd72940d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
        UE4Editor-Core.dll!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() (0x000007fee17582cd) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
        UE4Editor-Core.dll!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x000007fee15e1cb8) + 159 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:144]
        UE4Editor-Core.dll!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x000007fee15c3927) + 62 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:224]
        UE4Editor-UnrealTournament.dll!UUTLocalPlayer::UpdatePresence() (0x000007fed1e6d112) + 59 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utlocalplayer.cpp:1156]
        UE4Editor-UnrealTournament.dll!AUTBasePlayerController::ClientSetPresence_Implementation() (0x000007fed1cfe0ff) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utbaseplayercontroller.cpp:259]
        UE4Editor-UnrealTournament.dll!AUTBasePlayerController::execClientSetPresence() (0x000007fed1cc5ddc) + 460 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\public\utbaseplayercontroller.h:10]
        UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UFunction::Invoke() (0x000007fee0c97934) + 15 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:3710]
        UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UObject::ProcessEvent() (0x000007fee0d7885b) + 32 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:920]
        UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AActor::ProcessEvent() (0x000007fedc5ac783) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:529]
        UE4Editor-UnrealTournament.dll!AUTBasePlayerController::ClientSetPresence() (0x000007fed21e0a09) + 58 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\unrealtournament\intermediate\build\win64\inc\unrealtournament\unrealtournament.generated.1.cpp:1433]
        UE4Editor-UnrealTournament.dll!AUTGameMode::UpdatePlayersPresence() (0x000007fed1ddf11a) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utgamemode.cpp:2547]
        UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AGameMode::PostLogin() (0x000007fedc7e3d10) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gamemode.cpp:251]
        UE4Editor-UnrealTournament.dll!AUTGameMode::PostLogin() (0x000007fed1dda863) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utgamemode.cpp:1964]
        UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UWorld::SpawnPlayActor() (0x000007fedc94a6c8) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\levelactor.cpp:600]
        UE4Editor-Engine.dll!ULocalPlayer::SpawnPlayActor() (0x000007fedc9d3d13) + 51 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\localplayer.cpp:242]
        UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UGameInstance::StartPIEGameInstance() (0x000007fedc7f448c) + 44 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameinstance.cpp:198]
        UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::CreatePIEGameInstance() (0x000007fedaf53952) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:2855]
        UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::PlayInEditor() (0x000007fedaf9fa30) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:2210]
        UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::StartQueuedPlayMapRequest() (0x000007fedafb9983) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:972]
        UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::Tick() (0x000007fedaccc624) + 13 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editor.cpp:1208]
        UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() (0x000007fedb1af166) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:347]
        UE4Editor.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x000000013f50fbf3) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2240]
        UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMain() (0x000000013f50351e) + 0 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:131]
        UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x000000013f50358a) + 5 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
        UE4Editor.exe!WinMain() (0x000000013f511b99) + 17 bytes [d:\path\unrealtournament\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
        UE4Editor.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x000000013f512b69) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
        kernel32.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00000000775159ed) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
        ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x000000007764c541) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
        ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x000000007764c541) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
        Just for testing purpose, I created a clean checkout and compiled everything again. The same error. Is this still related to the source or am I missing something? My recent checkout was based on this commit. Even a clean map crashes.

I guess it has something to do with the error logs on startup:
        Code:
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/Materials/M_ShockRifle_new : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_ScratchAndGrime
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/Materials/M_ShockRifle_new : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_SolidValues
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/Materials/M_ShockRifle_new : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_Standard
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/Materials/M_ShockRifle_new : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialLayers/ML__Blank
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialLayers/ML__Blank : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/T_TestML_Mask
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialLayers/ML_Example_Simple : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_ScratchAndGrime
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialLayers/ML_Example_Simple : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_SolidValues
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialLayers/ML_Example_Simple : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialLayers/ML__Blank
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/Material_Layers/MLCarbinFiber : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_Standard
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/Material_Layers/MLCarbinFiber : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Liandri/Textures/TilingTextures/Blank_Normal
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/Material_Layers/MLDark_Metal : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Liandri/Textures/TilingTextures/T_Plastic_01_D
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/Material_Layers/MLLight_Metal : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Liandri/Textures/TilingTextures/T_Plastic_01_D
        Info Failed to load /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/ShockBall.ShockBall_C Referenced by ParticleSystemComponent_6
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_MF_03_1P : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_ResidualSmokePlasma_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_LF_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_GPU_Orb_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_LensBurst_Additive_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shock_LightRays_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_HardRing_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallRing_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Materials/M_Shock_Plasma_C_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Materials/M_Shock_Plasma_D_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Flare_Burst_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_01_Inst
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/SM_Shock_BallRing_02
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_Ball_02
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_BallRing_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_LightRays_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Ball_Explode_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Vector_fields/VF_Shockball_Explode_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Orb_01_1P : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_LensBurst_Translucent_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Orb_01_1P : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shock_LightRays_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Orb_01_1P : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_01_Inst
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Orb_01_1P : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_02_Inst
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Orb_01_1P : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_Ball_02
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Particles/P_Shockrifle_Orb_01_1P : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_LightRays_01
        Error /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/ShockRifle/VFX/Materials/M_Shockrifle_AmmoGlowBits_01 : Can't find file for asset. /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/T_TestML_Mask.T_TestML_Mask Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_1
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_ScratchAndGrime.MLC_ScratchAndGrime Referenced by MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_12
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialLayers/ML__Blank.ML__Blank Referenced by MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_18
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_SolidValues.MLC_SolidValues Referenced by MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_5
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_Standard.MLC_Standard Referenced by MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_4
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Liandri/Textures/TilingTextures/Blank_Normal.Blank_Normal Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureObject_1
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Liandri/Textures/TilingTextures/T_Plastic_01_D.T_Plastic_01_D Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureObject_0
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_ScratchAndGrime.MLC_ScratchAndGrime Referenced by M_ShockRifle_new
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialLayers/ML__Blank.ML__Blank Referenced by M_ShockRifle_new
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_SolidValues.MLC_SolidValues Referenced by M_ShockRifle_new
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/MaterialLayerAssets/MaterialFunctions/MaterialLayerConstructors/MLC_Standard.MLC_Standard Referenced by M_ShockRifle_new
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_ResidualSmokePlasma_01.SM_Shock_ResidualSmokePlasma_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleTypeDataMesh_1
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_39
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_40
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_41
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_42
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_24
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_25
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_27
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_26
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Flare_Burst_01.T_Flare_Burst_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_3
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_HardRing_01.M_Shockrifle_BallHit_HardRing_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleMeshMaterial_0
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallRing_01.M_Shockrifle_BallRing_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_10
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_HardRing_01.M_Shockrifle_BallHit_HardRing_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_11
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shock_LightRays_01.M_Shock_LightRays_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_3
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_01_Inst.M_Shockrifle_BallHit_01_Inst Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_4
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_LensBurst_Additive_01.M_LensBurst_Additive_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_6
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_GPU_Orb_01.M_GPU_Orb_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_7
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_LensBurst_Additive_01.M_LensBurst_Additive_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_8
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_LightRays_01.SM_Shock_LightRays_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleTypeDataMesh_0
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_Ball_02.SM_Shock_Ball_02 Referenced by ParticleModuleTypeDataMesh_1
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_BallRing_01.SM_Shock_BallRing_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleTypeDataMesh_2
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/SM_Shock_BallRing_02.SM_Shock_BallRing_02 Referenced by ParticleModuleTypeDataMesh_3
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Vector_fields/VF_Shockball_Explode_01.VF_Shockball_Explode_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleVectorFieldLocal_0
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_02_Inst.M_Shockrifle_BallHit_02_Inst Referenced by ParticleModuleMeshMaterial_0
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_LensBurst_Translucent_01.M_LensBurst_Translucent_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_2
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shockrifle_BallHit_01_Inst.M_Shockrifle_BallHit_01_Inst Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_3
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Materials/M_Shock_LightRays_01.M_Shock_LightRays_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleRequired_4
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_Ball_02.SM_Shock_Ball_02 Referenced by ParticleModuleTypeDataMesh_0
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Meshes/SM_Shock_LightRays_01.SM_Shock_LightRays_01 Referenced by ParticleModuleTypeDataMesh_2
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_22
        Info Failed to load /Game/EpicInternal/Effects/Weapon_Effects/Textures/T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01.T_Tilling_Distortion_Map_01 Referenced by MaterialExpressionTextureSample_23
        PS: This is not my first project using GitHub and compiling the full engine (experience with 4.0-4.3). The 4.6 Launcher version works. I may should try 4.6 or 4.7 from the Github source.

Comment

Yeah, you are going to have no luck using PIE to test right now thanks to adding the requirement to be logged in to play. You can go to the options and add -cloudID and your profile ID if you somehow magically know it. You can also, I think, open the UT-Entry map and play from there.
          Maybe they will fix it later today. IT just need an #if !UE_EDITOR around the login check.
          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

What was the last working commit? Thought "Clean-master" would be something like the "Release" branch from the full engine. Doesn't look & feel like a clean version...

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
            You can also, I think, open the UT-Entry map and play from there.
            The default engine level isn't even working. Don't think this map would work.

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
            IT just need an #if !UE_EDITOR around the login check.
            Where would that check be, might just try it in order to check if its the source of my/this problem.
            Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 02-10-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

clean-master means clean of content files. They should really rename it back to master There is no development branch of UT or anything everything is just edge. It would be nice if they would at least tag "working versions" or something, especially if they lined up with the weekly builds but that is probably too much effort for them right now.

I'm not sure where to put it for sure and I don't have time to debug it. In UTLocalPlayer class it is calling UpdatePresence several times but you don't have a presence from PIE because you are not logged in.

Comment

How do you work on code (creating your mutator etc.)? I cannot even run UT which will result into the following error message:
                Code:
                ---------------------------
                The global shader cache file 'D:/Path/UnrealTournament/Engine/GlobalShaderCache-PCD3D_SM5.bin' is missing.

You're running a version of the application built to load COOKED content only, however no COOKED content was found. Consider cooking content for this build, or build and run the UNCOOKED version of the application instead.
                OK   
                I chose "Development" build and ran "Run UT.bat". If I use "Launch Game" on the context menu of "UnrealTournament.uproject", I get the same error as before (which you said would be in relation to the login check). Am I supposed to be logged in, where am I able to login, what credentials should I use...? Is it just me or are things really unstructured at the moment or do I miss some major steps in order to code stuff (compile and run new builds)?

Comment

Working...
                X