Fourever mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fourever mod

Unreal Tournament Fourever Modification (UTF)

Okay so Ive tried to get people involved in this in the past but it doesnt seem like there is a whole lot of interest which is okay. Im going to continue this solo and work exclusively from BP now that alot of the hooks I need are beginning to surface. Its taken a long time but the game is coming along and I can finally use components from Blueprint in a much more modular fashion. Its been a long wait for me really, twiddling my thumbs but after the next UT release I want to have a nice package of my own to share but I will specify that I wont be sharing any uncooked Blueprints with the community. As much as I wanted to in the early days that time has passed but it means all of you get the same thing.

Im not looking to sell anything at this point but as the mod grows I might need to bring people in to help and that, along with hosting it myself might end up making it cost a small fee on the marketplace.

Gametypes
    In Development
    • Orbit: Is a slightly modified version of Bombing Run, I have spoken about this briefly. Its a 1 flag mode, points are scored by shooting the ball into the goal. 3 points are awarded for shots outside of the line, defenders within the goal line will recieve the ability to punt. Offside rules might apply but will be optional.

Sorry about the compression, this took a good 12hrs to upload on 3g internet lol, perhaps why I dont share as much video as I could. I would love to do a twitch stream sometime, I must admit though Im not the most structured worker hehe

Mutators

Released
    • JumpBootsArena : All players spawn with infinite Jumpboots
    • Big Head: The classic BigHead mutator, when you make kills your head will inflate.
    • Instagib Powerup: This swapped the UDamage with an Instagib Rifle that lasts for only 30 seconds.
    • Vampire: Description can be found here.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

In Development
    • Fourtress: Class based mod with 3 simple classes (light, medium, heavy).
    • Species: has had a rather dramatic overhaul, this obviously wont be supported when using any kind of force model feature, inbuilt or otherwise. Basically it alliws dual/multiclass by seperating cybernetic, hybrid, geneboost, necrified. Each species will have its own stats.
    • Factions: Ties into species but basically for alliances with corporations (more Single Player orientated) each Team Roster will recieve special (activatable) abilities and a passive buff.
    • Volatile Ammo: Ammo explodes when shot at.
    • Killstreak Relic: Modifies the base DM gamemodes to revolve around winning by Killstreaks (almost a gamemode).

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

UI Concept for what I have in mind regarding a dynamic settings menu for mutators and the ability to save out multiple applied mutators and their settings. This will only be for listen servers/offline, for dedicated Im thinking of trying to get custom console commands hooked up and loading sets from the command line

One tiny issue with this is only my mutators will support saving of their options and adjusting them on this menu.

Im really looking forward to be able to share this but its not quite ready and it will need some preliminary testing to catch any major oversights. I plan to keep this mod active (ddepending on the longevity of UT) for atleast acouple of years from now. I want to make sure that as Epic fixes things no bugs arise. Im committed to making sogmething that will hopefully start to evolve on its own in the wild.

If anyone has any bugs, thoughts, suggestions or wants to get involved and help out Id love to hear from you
    Last edited by MonsOlympus; 07-19-2015, 09:31 AM.
    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Reserved for future updates.
    Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-29-2015, 12:35 PM.
    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Welp Im making some progress, if anyone is interested in helping me out with some effects Id hugely appreciate it. Id like a Necris Nanoblack cloud for Vampire, I do have a steam stream for BigHead but I could use a better one perhaps. I can do some 3d modelling so if theres anyone who wants to help me out with Blueprints that could be cool, Im willing to offer some teaching if needed
      Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-29-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

interesting stuff, I'm gonna have to see how you pulled off that orbit mode :P

wow you're on 3g, and here I thought I had it bad.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Well its better now I upped my limit, I have made some progress on Orbit since I uploaded this. Ive started testing on the network now so hopefully next build I should have a release, it'll take abit after the build because of all the extra functionality exposed to Blueprint in the new build but Im certainly looking for feedback on everything, bugs, suggestions and just general comments are entirely welcome

Think I might have over done it testing an option for Bighead I called Beetljuice mode :P

Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-29-2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

lulz. is it to make headshots harder the better you do? :P

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
              lulz. is it to make headshots harder the better you do? :P
              Nah what happens is when you do better your head grows, its basically a kind of a handicap. What Im thinking is modifying bighead alittle bit, Im not keen on how it works I dont think it has enough variety, I was thinking that I could make the size more based on point spread, the further the spread the smaller/larger your head gets. I might see if you can some how steal someones inflated head, guess thats abit like greed in there too. We'll see, Im just having fun toying with gameplay, trying to play it fast and loose

The best part of this mutator has to be when you kill someone with a huge head and their massive beret lands on the ground and bounces around
              Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-30-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Okay so Im working hard on some mutator stuff, I didnt get some of the hooks I was hoping for with gametypes for Orbit but I have some work to do and I'll start on that soon but Im hoping to get acouple of mutator updates and a new mutator or two out soon. Stay tuned for KillStreak Relic and Fatboy

Ive limited some Mutators per gametype, KillStreak Relic only works with DM types and I have to modify BigHead to support CTF properly instead of using Score I need to modify it to Kills/Deaths.

I wonder how people would feel about me packaging my mutators together, would that cause problems for anyone? Its quite abit of an issue to get get Blueprint code cooked into dependent packages and C++ plugins have to be in place or the cooked packages wont work. Its easier for me so I'd like thoughts from everyone as to what they prefer, whats easier for them
                Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-30-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                  Last edited by MonsOlympus; 06-05-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Superfun mod! All these mutators must be in original game.

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
                      Superfun mod! All these mutators must be in original game.
                      Thanks for the support, Im really glad people are enjoying my work
                      Last edited by MonsOlympus; 07-19-2015, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Dunno why but some of the picture reminds in some manner to picasso with those big head it does look surrealistic dude lol
                        I like it

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
                          Dunno why but some of the picture reminds in some manner to picasso with those big head it does look surrealistic dude lol
                          I like it
                          Thanks

I hate the have bad news but I havent had quite as much time as Id hoped to work on things and I got jammed up on replication this afternoon but Ive made progress, unfortunately Im busy because its a long weekend so I might be able to get the cooked packaged up Tuesday but I wont make any promises since I work Wednesday and if anything else goes wrong I dont want people to think Im holding out.

The multiplayer testing is obviously an important part of the process but I largely leave it until last because I like to quickly prototype and get the functionality working correctly, I wasnt expecting such large issues with this but Ive made some adjustments to my core mutator so that will filter down to any of my current and future works I might even be able to implement some of it at the core of UT once Ive tested it but Im really not sure what other modders requirements will be, I do kinda wish Mutators had more to the client side of them because thats where my issues are, Id like to encapsulate my mutator code abit nicer instead of spreading it out.

Comment

Wait, does this mod have any connection to U4E from the days of old?
                            And still I wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Arnox_BU View Post
                              Wait, does this mod have any connection to U4E from the days of old?
                              Dont think so, no!

Comment

Working...
                              X