works on arch linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

works on arch linux

Just want to report that game is working(!) on geforce 450 512mb vram, core2duo, 4gb ram, Arch linux, i3-wm.

Launched with ./UE4-Linux-Test UnrealTournament -opengl3

walk tutorial did fine.

Issues:

1)game didn't loaded 4 me few times, and accidently loaded on Nth time, the reason is: when it loads, it shows only freezed desktop & stuck, had to kill 9 it later. After launch I managed to switch desktop in i3wm from 1 to Nth & received popup accepting EULA. After I clicked 'yes' it finnaly get me to main screen menu, and I was able 2 play.
    2) while playing on some maps game shows a lot of messed colors, orange pixels & rainbows. i fixed this with reducing graphic options.

Guys, thnx 4 developing & contributing to this gaem.

Hi,
    here runs it very well ,too!
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4, 3,4Ghz ,archlinux 4.4.1-2, GeForce GTX 580 ,3072MB, Mate Desktop

Comment

Hi,
      Works nicely well with my Arch rig as well. It did hang on the first launch under kde when it tried to display the eula message box, but when I relaunched using Openbox I was able click yes to answer the eula and now it starts fine with kde.

I had forgotten what twitch gaming was!
      Thanks.

Comment

Any extra dependencies needed to get it to run? Menu bar still not working for me.

Comment

It worked good on my machine aswell.
          On first launch on XFCE I managed to move the main UT window into another virtual workspace, so the EULA message showed up, there was no need for me to switch the GUI. [MENTION=22832]Invisabit[/MENTION] I can't remember that I installed any extra dependencies, at least I doubt I did that.
          Exactly which menu bar do you mean? The top bar in the first screen of the game doesn't show up?

Comment

Originally posted by anzuof View Post
            It worked good on my machine aswell.
            On first launch on XFCE I managed to move the main UT window into another virtual workspace, so the EULA message showed up, there was no need for me to switch the GUI. @Invisabit I can't remember that I installed any extra dependencies, at least I doubt I did that.
            Exactly which menu bar do you mean? The top bar in the first screen of the game doesn't show up?
            Yes, the main menu screen with the bar on top. It shows just fine but when I go to click anything, it doesn't register clicks. I can click everywhere else except the top gray bar.

Comment

Working...
            X