Please help. Linux 2.0 brewmaster. Im dying to play. Been waiting 15 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help. Linux 2.0 brewmaster. Im dying to play. Been waiting 15 years

Hi there. UT is the only reason i game today. I have been trapped on xbox for years as i only had a pc to play ut99 once years ago. I recently bought the alienware steam machine (core i7) for the sole purpose of the new UT. I did not realize how risky installing windows 10 would be. plus im broke and wont be able to afford a key till after christmas. gotta get them kids thier christmas! anyways i was told that the new ut could be played on linux. PLEASE HELP. I have no clue what im doing. I wasnt pro at windows 95 years ago and i have no idea how to use linux either. Im hoping to play ut this weekend before i go back to work. My system details are as follows GNOME version 3.14.1, device name steamos, memory 7.7gb, processor intel core i7-4785t cpu A 2.20ghz x 8, geforce gpu/pcie/sse2 , base system SteamOS GNU/Linux 2.0 (brewmaster) 64-bit. What do I need to do to play UT and install epic games launcher? Your help is greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays

Sorry Im a newd. Ive got it extracted. Cant find descriptor file when i try to run
    Last edited by Damnationist; 12-04-2016, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Please run it from the Terminal and post the full output in a codeblog!

Comment

Just wanted to add that launching it on Linux with __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 boosted my performance a ton.
        So like this for example:
        __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 ./UE4-Linux-Shipping UnrealTournament -SaveToUserDir -opengl4

Just be aware that there's still some texture bugs on Linux for some reason. Certain player models or objects show up gray

Comment

Working...
        X