X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Linux] Pre-alpha release issues

Let's list our issues in one thread.

1) I have been playing on DM-NickTest1 and at one point I got this:

I could see and shoot other players. I could see them through walls as well.

2) Playing on fullscreen and multi-monitor broke from UE 4.3 to UE 4.4. That's what I get when playing fullscreen. Viewport assumes I am playing on two monitors but it shows up on only one. It should have proper viewport and display on one monitor.

Video card: NVIDIA / drivers: 331.79
    UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
    ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

NVIDIA 340 drivers have the "rave party" bug: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...Rave-Party-edt
    Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
    My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

I can confirm the problem with multiple monitors, I'm using this https://bitbucket.org/thesame/xfwm4-titleless as a workaround for the moment if any want to play on "Fullscreen".

Things I have found:
      1) I'm having problems with the bar that appears when you press Escape, the menus are not positioned correctly.

2) There are some weird lighting stuff going on in some maps, if anyone want to play a workaround for this is setting ShowFlag.SkyLight to 0 in the console (MobileHDR, SimpleLighting, Bloom, DeferredLighting and possible other stuff also works, but disabling SkyLight works best)

Edit: Kinda late with this :P...

I'm using a GTX650 with the proprietary drivers version 340.24.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NikoUY; 08-23-2014, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I heard someone fixing the bloom issues by changing the OpenGL quality in nvidia-settings.

Comment

my dx10 gpu does not work with the newest build

Comment

Changing OpenGL quality doesn't do anything. However, NikoUY's workaround works like a charm! Though it's `ShowFlag.SkyLighting 0`.
            Last edited by GreatEmerald; 08-23-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Woops, you are right it's SkyLighting, also I can confirm that changing the quality does nothing.

I just found something else, the game is not detecting the extra buttons of my mouse (Logitech G5), shows up as None in "ShowDebug INPUT".

Comment

Another issue: disabling "mouse smoothing" doesn't actually disable mouse acceleration. The problem is that SDL2 doesn't actually affect the mouse in any way, so if the DE has acceleration enabled, it will stick.
                As a workaround, use a launcher script like this:
                Code:
                #!/bin/sh
                PATH_TO_UT="/path/to/UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2267662-Linux/unrealtournament/Binaries/Linux"
                MOUSE_NAME="My Mouse Name"

xinput set-prop "$MOUSE_NAME" "Device Accel Profile" -1 && "$PATH_TO_UT"/UnrealTournament $* && xinput set-prop "$MOUSE_NAME" "Device Accel Profile" 0
                Where PATH_TO_UT is the path to whatever holds the UnrealTournament executable, and MOUSE_NAME is the mouse name or id you get from `xinput list` (obviously you also need to have xinput installed).
                Thanks to RushPL for the base idea for such a script.
                Last edited by GreatEmerald; 08-23-2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I have just accidentally updated to NVIDIA drivers 340 and have hit the SkyLighting issue.

Comment

Hello,

I can't launch UT at all with the latest Linux build (08/22).
                    Here is the console output when I try to execute UnrealTournament binary:

Code:
                    [yannick@Endeavour:/media/DATA/Téléchargements/UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2267662-Linux/unrealtournament/Binaries/Linux]$ ./UnrealTournament 
                    Using binned.
                    Increasing per-process limit of core file size to infinity.
                    d:\Code1\UE4-UT\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\OutputDevice.cpp(203): Fatal error:
                    Assertion failed: HasFoundDataDirectory [File:d:\Code1\UE4-UT\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Internationalization\Internationalization.cpp] [Line: 298]
                    ICU data directory was not discovered:
                    ../../../unrealtournament/Content/Localization/ICU
                    ../../../Engine/Content/Localization/ICU
                    Stack:
                    [Callstack]  02  0x0000000002afe38c  
                    [Callstack]  03  0x0000000002a37559  
                    [Callstack]  04  0x0000000002a3470b  
                    [Callstack]  05  0x0000000002a35cc3  
                    [Callstack]  06  0x0000000002a7c2fb  
                    [Callstack]  07  0x00000000016b0257  
                    [Callstack]  08  0x00000000016b1825  
                    [Callstack]  09  0x000000000141a848  
                    [Callstack]  10  0x000000000141e2e9  
                    [Callstack]  11  0x0000000001423227  
                    [Callstack]  12  0x00007fe501d82ec5  
                    [Callstack]  13  0x0000000001418fec  

Signal 11 caught.
                    EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
                    Abandon (core dumped)
                    Apparently it complains about some missing directories (I don't have any "/Content/Localization/ICU" subfolders).

Any clue?

Comment

try perhaps:
                      Code:
                      LANG="en" ./UnrealTournament

Comment

Originally posted by RushPL View Post
                        try perhaps:
                        Code:
                        LANG="en" ./UnrealTournament
                        Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I have the same output.
                        I tried on a different computer, with a different distro (ArchLinux instead of Xubuntu 14.04) and I have exactly the same issue.

Comment

Hi!
                          Should it be that easy to just run the "UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2267662-Linux/unrealtournament/Binaries/Linux/UnrealTournament" or do I need something more? When I'm trying to run with that command I get something like "Cant run binary file" or something like that. Running Linux mint btw.

Comment

You need 64-bit Linux but also you need to do "chmod +x UnrealTournament".

Comment

ah, running 32-bit Didn't think of that. Thanx!

Comment

Working...
                              X