• Time
  • Show
Clear All

go to LinuxNoEditor/Engine/Binaries/Linux/

set execute rights to the file UE4

start the game with ./UE4 UnrealTournament -opengl4

Comment

Originally posted by NukedWorker View Post
      I am running Linux Mint 17, and while it booted up easily, Pre-Alpha build 2330705 came up with this...

I couldn't see anything to know what I was clicking on as the font was illegible, as was the logo. I did notice that when I hit Alt-F4 to exit once, for a split second, I could clearly see the logo, but it was short lived, and unrepeatable - ever.
      I tried adding some command line options to run it (resolution, windowed) to no avail.

In console, the list of (what are possibly relevant errors/warnings, but I don't understand them) are:

LogConsoleResponse:Warning: Skipping Unknown console variable: 'UIScaleRule = ShortestSide'
      LogConsoleResponse:Warning: Found in ini file '/home/nukedworker/Documents/UnrealTournament/Saved/Config/LinuxNoEditor/Engine.ini', in section '[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]'
      LogConsoleResponse:Warning: Skipping Unknown console variable: 'UIScaleCurve = (EditorCurveData=(Keys=((InterpMode=RCIM_Cubic,TangentMode=RCTM_Break,Time=720.000061,Value=1.000000))),ExternalCurve=None)'
      LogConsoleResponse:Warning: Found in ini file '/home/nukedworker/Documents/UnrealTournament/Saved/Config/LinuxNoEditor/Engine.ini', in section '[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]'

LogSlate: Could not find file for Slate resource: ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/UWindows.ComboBox.TickMark.png
      LogStreaming:Warning: Failed to read file '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/UWindows.ComboBox.TickMark.png' error.
      LogSlate: Could not find file for Slate resource: ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/UWindows.ComboBox.TickMark.png
      LogStreaming:Warning: Failed to read file '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/UWindows.ComboBox.TickMark.png' error.
      LogStreaming:Warning: Failed to read file '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/UWindows.Standard.MenuList.Disabled.png' error.
      LogSlate: Could not find file for Slate resource: ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/UWindows.Standard.MenuList.Disabled.png
      LogStreaming:Warning: Failed to read file '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/Team0/Red.UWindows.MidGameMenu.MenuList.Disabled.png' error.
      LogSlate: Could not find file for Slate resource: ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/Team0/Red.UWindows.MidGameMenu.MenuList.Disabled.png
      LogStreaming:Warning: Failed to read file '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/Team1/Blue.UWindows.MidGameMenu.MenuList.Disabled.png' error.
      LogSlate: Could not find file for Slate resource: ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Slate/Team1/Blue.UWindows.MidGameMenu.MenuList.Disabled.png

This was my first attempt ever, at any of the pre-alphas. I was quite excited as I haven't played in years. Now I'm sad
      Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks muchly.
      Same issue here. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

On UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2480567-Linux,

1. When in-game, switching VT with CTRL+ALT+F# and then back gives inconsistent results. The graphics will sometimes come back borked (world will not be drawn, but apparently active objects such as players and lifts will be) and sometimes the visuals will be completely static (black screen, or the weapon model the only visible object). Sometimes the game crashes with segfault, e.g.
        EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
        [2015.03.29-03.59.41:526][273]LogLinux: === Critical error: ===
        Unhandled Exception: SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to access memory at address 0x00000000
        Not sure if one must switch back and forth a couple of times to crash the game.

2. No visuals at all when starting the game from the window manager xmonad. All other fullscreen games I have tried (xonotic, warsow, quake3 (icculus)) works with it, so regardless of whether there is "support" for the WM or not, it probably means UT4 handles windows in an unusual manner?

3. There is a problem when binding keys from the menu interface; after selecting the action to change binds for, the highlighting appears to center on the screen. I am not sure if this is a Linux issue or not. When binding to a scroll-wheel action, the action list is scrolled accordingly, and the highlighting apparently must indicate the selected action or else the list will just scroll, so I guess it isn't just cosmetic.

Comment

Working...
        X