Linux UT4 Perfect Server HowTo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    What are the minimal system requirements for server?

Does it need graphic card?

Will it get advantage of OpenCL? Atleast in future?

I am going to buy dedicated machine, just to run server, what should be the specs?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Start: screen -d -m -S ut4server /home/ut/LinuxServer/Engine/Binaries/Linux/UE4Server-Linux-Shipping Unreal Tournament UT-Entry?Game=Lobby -log
    Stop: killall -w -s 2 UE4Server-Linux-Shipping

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Took awhile just to find the Linux download link. Think I might wait until things are a little more thought out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ...thx...it might be that I missed an important aspect of the server requirements... 8D ...OMG...gettin' old!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dQQb View Post
    I spend now 2 days trying to set up the server on a Synology NAS DS207+ and DS214+ and did what I read in several threads around in the net. I setup a user, changed ownership and rights and went to LinuxServer\Engine\Binaries\Linux and tried to start the server via a) "./UE4Server UnrealTournament DM-DeckTest -log" or b) "./UE4Server ../../../UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament.uproject DM-DeckTest?Game=DM?TimeLimit=10?GoalScore=534 -log" getting the following output:
    DS207:
    Technical Specifications
    Hardware
    • CPU Clock Rate: 500 MHz
    • RAM Size: 128MB

CPU is also ARM.

Won't run UT4. Likely ever.

the 214+ is also ARM, its slightly faster (1ghz) but still not grunty enough for UT4 (because it's arm..)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I spend now 2 days trying to set up the server on a Synology NAS DS207+ and DS214+ and did what I read in several threads around in the net. I setup a user, changed ownership and rights and went to LinuxServer\Engine\Binaries\Linux and tried to start the server via a) "./UE4Server UnrealTournament DM-DeckTest -log" or b) "./UE4Server ../../../UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament.uproject DM-DeckTest?Game=DM?TimeLimit=10?GoalScore=534 -log" getting the following output:

a)
    ./UE4Server UnrealTournament DM-DeckTest -log
    ▒@@▒@$@@@@@▒@@@@▒▒▒▒ ▒▒b▒bhcreate
    p 0▒0▒b0▒b▒@@ P▒td▒z▒zB▒zB▒▒Q▒td/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2GNU M▒▒C▒:&p1!f_▒a+ߋ5ZaW▒ʥ▒X▒▒x0▒▒%▒▒:▒3▒▒W▒▒0▒q▒▒▒=8▒; ▒>▒9#▒M(▒)Ik&▒X▒n▒%A▒▒d2/
    *(▒▒v▒▒▒▒▒▒A+"▒5s▒rYt▒t▒▒▒▒▒▒▒,▒▒$y{▒▒▒.▒7▒j
    Q▒▒▒▒: nonexistent directory ▒▒▒-▒▒▒▒▒_▒▒sK▒%▒▒nwU
    PuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTY./UE4Server: line 1:ELF: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 1: can't create /β▒▒,▒c▒▒▒▒▒▒Q6N▒▒▒▒@.*▒▒^▒
    ▒893J▒: Permission denied
    ./UE4Server: line 1: ▒+7▒▒: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: ▒Z▒▒▒▒1▒cP▒R▒▒▒: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: 4: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: ▒^: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: ▒▒▒@▒▒: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: ▒A▒▒: not found
    ▒: not foundB▒▒▒b 11: ▒▒c(
    ▒▒Ahc</UE4Server: line 11: can't open
    ▒AL▒: no such file
    ▒!B▒s: not founde 11: T
    "B▒R""H▒94: line 11:
    ▒B▒▒:"
    ▒▒A|LH"
    B▒▒K▒X▒▒▒:!`▒▒`▒b
    PBҮ%▒@▒0W$▒
    ▒A0]F: not found
    PuTTY./UE4Server: line 13: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

or b)
    ./UE4Server ../../../UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament.uproject DM-DeckTest?G
    ame=DM?TimeLimit=10?GoalScore=534 -log
    ▒@@▒@$@@@@@▒@@@@▒▒▒▒ ▒▒b▒bhcreate
    p 0▒0▒b0▒b▒@@ P▒td▒z▒zB▒zB▒▒Q▒td/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2GNU M▒▒C▒:&p1!f_▒a+ߋ5ZaW▒ʥ▒X▒▒x0▒▒%▒▒:▒3▒▒W▒▒0▒q▒▒▒=8▒; ▒>▒9#▒M(▒)Ik&▒X▒n▒%A▒▒d2/
    *(▒▒v▒▒▒▒▒▒A+"▒5s▒rYt▒t▒▒▒▒▒▒▒,▒▒$y{▒▒▒.▒7▒j
    Q▒▒▒▒: nonexistent directory ▒▒▒-▒▒▒▒▒_▒▒sK▒%▒▒nwU
    PuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTY./UE4Server: line 1: can't create /β▒▒,▒c▒▒▒▒▒▒Q6N▒▒▒▒@.*▒▒^▒
    ▒893J▒: Permission denied
    ./UE4Server: line 1: ▒+7▒▒: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 1:ELF: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: ▒Z▒▒▒▒1▒cP▒R▒▒▒: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: 4: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: ▒^: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: ▒▒▒@▒▒: not found
    ./UE4Server: line 11: ▒A▒▒: not found
    ▒: not foundB▒▒▒b 11: ▒▒c(
    ▒▒Ahc</UE4Server: line 11: can't open
    ▒AL▒: no such file
    ▒!B▒s: not founde 11: T
    "B▒R""H▒94: line 11:
    ▒B▒▒:"
    ▒▒A|LH"
    B▒▒K▒X▒▒▒:!`▒▒`▒b
    PBҮ%▒@▒0W$▒
    ▒A0]F: not found

What the hell am I doing the wrong way?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a virtual server
    - 40GB
    - 4GB RAM
    - 2 cores allocated (xeon proc)

Not sure what the min. req. is.. but I'd like to see it loaded to see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great initiative Uff-Da, will come in handy for the majority of Linux users !

Can i ask you for your server specs?
    Grtz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UffDa View Post
    The CentOS 7.x pre-alpha HowTo has been updated with the basics on creating a map rotation and start-up script, as well as some other details.
    On the start up, I cd right into directory with UE4Server in it and run this command

For TDM
    Code:
    screen ./UE4Server ../../../UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament.uproject DM-DeckTest?Game=TDM?TimeLimit=15?GoalScore=100 disown &
    For CTF
    Code:
    screen ./UE4Server ../../../UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament.uproject CTF-FaceTest?Game=CTF?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=10000 disown &
    Not to sure about goalscore for CTF cause server always dies after WIP DAM seeing as theres only 2 maps just now?
    Last edited by Gazzabwoy; 10-06-2014, 04:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The CentOS 7.x pre-alpha HowTo has been updated with the basics on creating a map rotation and start-up script, as well as some other details.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good idea.. putty is a good one as well.
    Yeah, when im in windows, putty is my ssh client and i use WinSCP to upload to server, kinda like filezilla, but you can edit files serverside.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good idea.. putty is a good one as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've posted my pre-alpha HowTo for the CentOS 7 pre-alpha 10/03. It's basically an extension of Raxxy's post, but the goal is to keep going with it with config.. so please feel free to help with suggestions on how to improve it.
    You might want to tell them how to install a x windows server client if there doing that on a windows os... i use xming and the amount of times i forget to start it up when im running the server for the first time.... dooh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've posted my pre-alpha HowTo for the CentOS 7 pre-alpha 10/03. It's basically an extension of Raxxy's post, but the goal is to keep going with it with config.. so please feel free to help with suggestions on how to improve it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Apoc, feel free to post your IP.. I play pub servers a small bit most days and could test

Edit: Is your server the NE USA server? If so, I can't get in.. said "Waiting for game to start"
    Last edited by UffDa; 10-01-2014, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X