Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create these GlobalShaderCache*.bin files reported to be missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create these GlobalShaderCache*.bin files reported to be missing?

Greetings everybody!

I've been trying to get my self-compiled UT game-client to run on my machine. But it fails with...

Code:
    [2015.03.31-21.38.52:475][  0]LogMaterial:Error: The global shader cache file '/home/macslow/src/UnrealTournament/Engine/GlobalShaderCache-GLSL_150.bin' is missing.
    You're running a version of the application built to load COOKED content only, however no COOKED content was found. Consider cooking content for this build, or build and run the UNCOOKED version of the application instead.
    Code:
    [2015.03.31-21.55.45:155][  0]LogMaterial:Error: The global  shader cache file  '/home/macslow/src/UnrealTournament/Engine/GlobalShaderCache-GLSL_430.bin'  is missing.
    You're running a version of the application built to  load COOKED content only, however no COOKED content was found. Consider  cooking content for this build, or build and run the UNCOOKED version of  the application instead.
    ... depending how I start UT... either with "./UE4 UnrealTournament" or with "./UE4 UnrealTournament -opengl4"

Trying to search the web or the forums here on how to create these did not result in any helpful answers. Where is this required cooking-process described for Linux?

BTW, the UE4Editor works fine and my GPU/driver is certainly capable of running UT (GeForce GTX 780 with Nvidia's 340.76 driver, OpenGL 4.4).

Thanks in advance for you advice!

Best regards...

MacSlow
Working...
X