Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Michiel Van Den Bos / Alex Brandon won't be contributing to the soundtrack

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Michiel Van Den Bos / Alex Brandon won't be contributing to the soundtrack

This was an email by him, but theres others, im sure it was for the best, good luck Michiel!

==========
    Hi Josh,

We haven't contributed and won't be contributing to the new UT. I barely get by as it is and I'm simply not giving my music away for free, especially not to a huge company like Epic.

My ideas for Unatco are not a simple remix. I'm only taking very specific bits of the original and turning it into a 10-15 minute suite. Also, the Kickstarter project is only partially a remix thing, a lot of it will be new music.

Cheers,
    Michiel
    ============

That's pretty disappointing. I was really looking forward to their music.

Also, it sucks that they apparently weren't going to get paid for it.
    Last edited by Skerion; 11-12-2015, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Well, time to leave classics in it's time and move forward then.

Comment

Has anyone discussed with him about creating a kickstarter or similar for this? Maybe for every few thousand he gets he could deliver a track?
        Or a donate item could be created in the new unreal store as a way for people to donate money to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Telefrag View Post
          Well, time to leave classics in it's time and move forward then.
          I believe you said it all. wise words. Let us remember them for their original contributions, the one we love so much and make room for new artists that are coming from the community.
          RASTE IN PEACE !
          Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
          Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Too true, new game, new horizons
            Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Wow..seriously. Not even compose 1 track? I understand he has his reasons, but that's a big FU to fans.
              Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

Ermmm this is a pretty old thread, Michiel did actually submitted a track a while ago to Epic, and in the stream of last week they said it will be included in the next build for DM-Spacer!

I got a link to the .ogg right here: http://puu.sh/mtzuP/16a4b8edc8.ogg
                | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
                  Ermmm this is a pretty old thread, Michiel did actually submitted a track a while ago to Epic, and in the stream of last week they said it will be included in the next build for DM-Spacer!

I got a link to the .ogg right here: http://puu.sh/mtzuP/16a4b8edc8.ogg
                  **** thats sick. Keep it coming Michiel!

Comment

Working...
                  X