Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropping my name in the hat for music...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough! I disagree about quality samples, I simply don't use whatever is trending like dubstep like every current amateur composer seems to love doing.

Anyway, I have yet to find the time to polish my other tune I've been working on, I haven't had as much time for music this past month or so as I did in May. It's a main theme tune, at any rate I've seen that it's much too early to be devoting very much efforts to submitting compositions so that's another reason I am holding back.

We'll see what happens.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

well done man

Comment

Just gotta say that the music is great, what software did you use to create it?

Comment

Thanks Krythorian! Reaper is my DAW of choice. I use many vsti's but nexus plays a significant role instrument wise.

Comment

It's been ages since I played UT99 but this instantly brought me back to those days, kinda like a certain scent can bring you flashbacks to a specific time/place.
            Amazing!

Comment

Nice! Love it!

Comment

Wow, it has a good vibe keep up the good work!

I will try to add some noise here and there... at this stage it's too polished , but it's just an option that i would like to hear.
                Musician , Composer.

Comment

Thanks guys! very encouraging that so many think it's got the UT vibe. I'll surely work on more, perhaps even crank out another track or two this month.

Comment

love the vibe of this one man, really nailed that retro video game music feel with that snare and reese sound. huge fan of that breakdown part at 1:45 as well. Melody is catchy as hell too.
                    Beatport || EDM Network Top 10 chart releases
                    Support from Datsik, Aero Chord, MUST DIE! & More
                    Perth, Western Australia
                    Www.Soundcloud.com/CasueL-1

Comment

Thank ye

Comment

Nice work! Definitely got the retro feeling to it.
                        Are you going to be making more? If so, try some fusion with techno and guitar/metal.
                        3d Artist
                        UT Cosmetic Items |
                        UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Yes I will be making more.

I let my pieces come about organically. If something (like a guitar) works, it works. The song tells me what it needs and I attempt to listen then make changes as appropriate. So I try not to think too much about it in terms of genre anymore like dubstep or 'techno-metal fusion'. Maybe something will end up like that, if only because I'm a metal musician already.

Comment

If this music makes it into UT I will not turn down the musicvolume for whatever that's worth Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Comment

Very nice and went to your Youtube and gave you thumbs up.
                              UT99/U2/2003/2004/UT3 Unreal Life Doz Digital Studio UT MAP MUSIC https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/

Comment

Thank you Doz (and LOC, w00t)

About your Youtube comment - this genre doesn't typically use studio drummers :P And besides I can drum IRL anyway, I have an electric kit and double kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
                                X