432 hz Music and sound?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

432 hz Music and sound?

From what I have read and experienced music tuned to the frequency to 432 hz is better than the now standard tuning of 440 hz. There are articles and long term studies done on the health benefits of 432 hz music and more people are becoming aware of this and making new music and converting past songs o 432hz. You can actually youtube almost any poplar song and find a 432hz version. Since UT can be quite addictive and often played for many hours a day I think it would be awesome if the music and sounds of UT4 were tuned to 432 hz. I imagine it would only enhance the gaming experience and perhaps gameplay. Just a thought and hope. Maybe UT4 can help strengthen the movement.

Its subjective to me I can't describe the exact differences but 432hz sounds muffled and echoey to me. I know its suppose to match the octave unlike 440, but when I listen to tracks I've been listening to all my life in 432hz they don't sound "better" to me.

Comment

I've studied this as well and the real problem is that very little music will be 432hz or even multiples of this, when it contains vibrato, distortion and even just by being heavily layered as most modern music is. Sure for the UT style that's more based in pure spacey tones it might make some kind of difference but good luck getting everyone contributing to the soundtrack to agree to calibrate their DAWs to do this, even if they wanted to or believed it.

Besides, why? There's a direct conflict between playing a violent shooter game and trying to heal your body... lol. part of the reason I don't play much anymore.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

People that understands music and sound from a more fundamental standpoint knows that the whole 432hz idea is BS. Sure tuning A from 440hz to 432hz will of course make the music sound different.
        And if someone believes that it enhances the listening experience then it probably will, but it's purely placebo.

/ Sound and music producer

Comment

Working...
        X