Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Context music (Main Menu, Loading screen, Post Match, Flag Capture..... )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    full of win m8 !

Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
    Thanks guys

This is my own interpetration of the menu music, brass has always been part of any of the UT's, not as present as in my version but it has always been in there. Im going to fix whats incorrect in the next version.

Keep the feedback coming guys, everything is appreciated :]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
    Fantastic job! I am a fan!
    Originally posted by chumb0 View Post
    I've always loved the loading screen cue since you originally put it together. 40s and 1:40 are so awesome.
    Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
    That loading screen music is just Epic. It captures all the generations of UT in one piece, it gave me goosebumps for real, and if that happends. It is good
    Well done Fabian!
    i think the victory cue's are also very good, part 3,4 really has some strong potential! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks guys

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
    In my opinion this doesn't sound like UT to me, sounds like Battlefield or a ww2 game with all the brass. The repeating phrase/melody that starts at 3:07 is incorrect, listen carefully to the original and you'll hear what I'm talking about. The ones on the original post were more UT-sounding to me.
    This is my own interpetration of the menu music, brass has always been part of any of the UT's, not as present as in my version but it has always been in there. Im going to fix whats incorrect in the next version.

Keep the feedback coming guys, everything is appreciated :]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That loading screen music is just Epic. It captures all the generations of UT in one piece, it gave me goosebumps for real, and if that happends. It is good

Well done Fabian!

i think the victory cue's are also very good, part 3,4 really has some strong potential! Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've always loved the loading screen cue since you originally put it together. 40s and 1:40 are so awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
    You say - I do.

Here is what I have so far.
    Im looking for Feedback now. I tried to stay close to either my Loading Screen Cue AND the regular Unreal Tournament Motives that occured in the franchise. I wanted the music to sound intense but also atmospheric and involving - which ended in a very diverse track . Please note that this is Semi-WIP, means there is no mastering done yet, so you have to increase your volume a bit to get the full effect of it.

https://soundcloud.com/fjcomposer/un...s/ut-1/s-P3qDo

I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did making it. I appreciate any kind of feedback and hopefully we can make this track a beast together :]

Best regards
    In my opinion this doesn't sound like UT to me, sounds like Battlefield or a ww2 game with all the brass. The repeating phrase/melody that starts at 3:07 is incorrect, listen carefully to the original and you'll hear what I'm talking about. The ones on the original post were more UT-sounding to me.
    Last edited by chicken-; 11-10-2014, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fantastic job! I am a fan!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unreal Tournament Menu Music

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
    I've been lurking in this thread for a while now, and I will say that the Loading Cue is pretty fantastic. I asked Nonemm to consider making it a full track, as I think it could be a contender for menu music.
    You say - I do.

Here is what I have so far.
    Im looking for Feedback now. I tried to stay close to either my Loading Screen Cue AND the regular Unreal Tournament Motives that occured in the franchise. I wanted the music to sound intense but also atmospheric and involving - which ended in a very diverse track . Please note that this is Semi-WIP, means there is no mastering done yet, so you have to increase your volume a bit to get the full effect of it.

https://soundcloud.com/fjcomposer/un...s/ut-1/s-P3qDo

I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did making it. I appreciate any kind of feedback and hopefully we can make this track a beast together :]

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AndehX View Post
    That menu music brings tears to my eyes, like for real. If it isnt in the game, it will break my heart.
    Haha,
    Thanks, glad you like it. :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That menu music brings tears to my eyes, like for real. If it isnt in the game, it will break my heart.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been lurking in this thread for a while now, and I will say that the Loading Cue is pretty fantastic. I asked Nonemm to consider making it a full track, as I think it could be a contender for menu music.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would prefer having the updated version of your main menu theme in the Unreal Tournament game. It would not hurt to have some orchestra stuff mixed into the fray, UT2004 had it and it was ****ing kickass! Unreal II: The Awakening had it and it was ok. Even the original UT and Unreal had them and need I say more on those two? The main theme was never entirely retro to begin with if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated OP with download links for Menu Music and the Loading Screen Cue:

Menu Music
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2dkgcc19i...sited.mp3?dl=0

Loading Screen
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/taed9wextz...creen.mp3?dl=0

Please bear in mind that the music is meant for UT, if you want to use the cues in a different context(commercial) please contact me beforehand and we can work it out .
    Last edited by Nonemm; 10-25-2014, 05:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
    Wow, I love the progress you have made on all of these pieces. I love the orchestral elements which is a nice contrast from a lot of the electronic centric pieces. I can hear it playing in front of a menu. I particularly like the cue for voting. I like how it gets more and more intense before it ends, but not too much so that if it loops it won't be too noticeable. Great job!
    Thank you Max, I deeply appreciate your comment and im very glad you like it.
    Im currently working on a different project, I might come back to UT stuff in some weeks.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to listen to the music, I know its time consuming to give feedback on music - and i appreciate everyones comment here!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, I love the progress you have made on all of these pieces. I love the orchestral elements which is a nice contrast from a lot of the electronic centric pieces. I can hear it playing in front of a menu. I particularly like the cue for voting. I like how it gets more and more intense before it ends, but not too much so that if it loops it won't be too noticeable. Great job!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hypno View Post
    Yeah dubstep will never really suit UT.. even tho in some kind of marketing strategy it makes sense, especially because of the new blood that will be coming from UT. Anyway great job man, really cool music so far
    Yeah i kind agree with the dubstep point. Sure is cool music so far. Finally found this thread as Nonemm was showing me on irc his loading music, which I love

Leave a comment:

Working...
X