Music concept for space map

=======
    [Finished]
    =======

Video outdated

Latest version - ogg: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6/Orbitv10.ogg

Old stuff below

So here's my second concept: check below for updated version

I felt that it got to a point where it was ready to be posted on the forums.

It's by no means finished though! I'm aware that there's a lack of variation, especially in the first part... I'll be tackling that next, along with some extra length and/or some arrangement changes.

Please tell me if the mastering is pleasant like this, and try putting it on while doing shiz on the Facing Worlds map to get a real feel for it, feedback is very very welcome.

Also I made the link an .mp3 this time, because people had trouble with .ogg.

UPDATE:

Mostly tweaked mastering, added little bits of variation but not much focus yet, added some extra piece at the end and made the track loopable, although it needs some refinement still: check below for update

EDIT: kinda fixed looping on v5 above, it should be flawless if the engine supports it.

UPDATE2:

Almost finished, unless something went wrong somewhere. Tweaked the mastering again, fixing the bass and making things more sound pleasant in general. Added an extra few bars at the end with the crazy bass because it was cool, added some minor effects here and there, made the mid-piece more aggressive, added some variation(s) to the main bass lead, enhanced the sound of the pads a bit, added some extra panning for certain instruments, made the looping flawless again.

(updated to v8 after a small suggestion for the bells from cafe)
    Here ya go: ---
    Ogg version: Check the top of this post

^This is the same version as in the video
    Last edited by Avalanche._; 09-20-2014, 07:39 AM. Reason: Fixed link, added ogg
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Mastering sounds pretty fine. Honestly I'm not a big fan of the drums, they do sound good, but I sorta feel like electronic drums would do better for a space map. The vibe is great, I love the atmospheric synths in there.
    Overall sounds like you did a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksilisab View Post
      Mastering sounds pretty fine. Honestly I'm not a big fan of the drums, they do sound good, but I sorta feel like electronic drums would do better for a space map. The vibe is great, I love the atmospheric synths in there.
      Overall sounds like you did a good job.
      I can imagine what you mean, but I know quite a few space themed tracks that sticked to non-electronic drums, best example being this one:

Thanks for the feedback anyhow : P

BTW, updated the track, more info in the OP.
      Last edited by Avalanche._; 09-02-2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
        I can imagine what you mean, but I know quite a few space themed tracks that sticked to non-electronic drums, best example being this one:

Thanks for the feedback anyhow : P

BTW, updated the track, more info in the OP.
        I personally agree with the poster above I feel as if an electronic drumkit would be a better substitute for the current one. I also am not a big fan of the piano in this piece. I feel as if it should be more synthetic, and sorry to do this to you, but more like what I described in the other thread

Those issues aside I do get a space theme feel from this piece, it sounds good! I just have a hard time picturing what kind of map this would be for.
        Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

Originally posted by Borbarad101 View Post
          I personally agree with the poster above I feel as if an electronic drumkit would be a better substitute for the current one. I also am not a big fan of the piano in this piece. I feel as if it should be more synthetic, and sorry to do this to you, but more like what I described in the other thread

Those issues aside I do get a space theme feel from this piece, it sounds good! I just have a hard time picturing what kind of map this would be for.
          Admit it, you just hate piano/bell/harp sounds

But on a serious note: I can do the sine pulse I guess, but it would have to be reduced in volume a lot because it would cause some awful resonance issues otherwise.

Not going to replace the drumkit though, I put a lot of effort into these rhythms and I don't feel I can achieve the same kind of impact with an electronic kit (electronic drum rolls?), it would require different types of rhythm than what's in currently.

Raxxy said he had a map for this one, so I'm looking forward to seeing that : P

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
            Admit it, you just hate piano/bell/harp sounds

But on a serious note: I can do the sine pulse I guess, but it would have to be reduced in volume a lot because it would cause some awful resonance issues otherwise.

Not going to replace the drumkit though, I put a lot of effort into these rhythms and I don't feel I can achieve the same kind of impact with an electronic kit (electronic drum rolls?), it would require different types of rhythm than what's in currently.

Raxxy said he had a map for this one, so I'm looking forward to seeing that : P
            Nooo I really don't, I just personally feel a synthesized instrument would be better.

Fair enough, I'm not asking you to do anything, just stating my opinion. I'd like to see what map that would be.
            Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

Originally posted by Borbarad101 View Post
              Nooo I really don't, I just personally feel a synthesized instrument would be better.

Fair enough, I'm not asking you to do anything, just stating my opinion. I'd like to see what map that would be.
              Haha, it's alright mate The instrument is synthesized btw, but it's done is such a fashion that sounds a bit like a bell. I usually don't use such instruments often in my tracks, but the last two have been exceptions, where they play quite a crucial role.

I'm curious about the map as well though... I haven't actually seen the map, and this track was pretty much only made with the space theme in mind.

I want to try pairing up with a mapper at some point, there's no way to make a more fitting track.

Comment

Track updated, check main post.

Please give me some feedback if you can!

Comment

I think it fits really well with what you were going for, overall it's very good.

I think for your next song you should make it LTJ Bukem inspired, give it an oldschool jungle sound.

Comment

Love the synth work. As far as the live drums, I like the beat. I also like the acoustic-like texture of the drums. I do feel that the over-all tone is on the chill side. If that is what you were going for then fantastic! Perhaps a harsher sounding drum (synth or otherwise) would add some aggression into the piece.

Comment

Cool track

But the download link is for V7, not V8 ?

Can you please upload in a better format, like OGG, WAV, FLAC, APE simply because if someone as problem listen in those formats, they have a 20 years old audio player
                      Stevie's corner
                      My UT4 maps
                      Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Thanks for the comments cafe and MaxCarnage!

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                        Cool track

But the download link is for V7, not V8 ?

Can you please upload in a better format, like OGG, WAV, FLAC, APE simply because if someone as problem listen in those formats, they have a 20 years old audio player
                        Thank you for pointing that out, I've updated the post with a fixed link and a new link to an ogg version of the track

Comment

THX for the uploading the v8 in Ogg format

Really like it
                          Stevie's corner
                          My UT4 maps
                          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Kinda like it, but... Sound that starts at intro. I think it would be better to change that to lower, quiter bass line. Listen to Foregone Destruction starting from 0:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuss View Post
                              Kinda like it, but... Sound that starts at intro. I think it would be better to change that to lower, quiter bass line. Listen to Foregone Destruction starting from 0:45.
                              The track contains such a bass later on already.

I'm regarding it as done though, I'll work on another concept sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X