• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new track - Destroyer

=======
    FINISHED
    =======

Video outdated

This is the only final version right now: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...stroyerv16.ogg

Old stuff below

Hello guys, because my previous two tracks were quite soft, and because I synthesized a pretty **** epic lead guitar, I thought I should turn it up a notch, it might be a bit too much though, in that case I can try making the track less intense and slower paced.

The track is pretty rough still though, I'm not happy yet with the arrangement so I will work on that during the weekend, but I got quite far in 4 hours!

Haven't paid attention to mastering much, but it didn't sound too bad so far I think.

Here ya go: Check below for update.

Feedback is very essential for me to turn this into a proper track, so please do not hesitate, I always consider anything people post.

UPDATED:

This is a new version with some minor changes here and there. Main focus was on mastering, which should be better now, more dynamic, but not done yet! I also extended the track a bit, but it's not definitive yet.

Here ya go: Check the updated version below

UPDATED:

Huge mastering overhaul, drums enhanced, electric guitar lead adjusted heavily to be more in the left and right.

This is it: Check the updated version below

UPDATED:

More mastering, did a lot of compressing and side-chaining to increase dynamics, worked especially a lot on the drums, changed some minor things in the composition too , I feel it's really starting to shape up now.

boom: Update below

UPDATED:

More mastering again, this time I worked a lot on the bass balance, I think I'm almost getting to the final version. Also did some minor panning and composition changes.

here: Latest version at the top!
    Last edited by Avalanche._; 09-16-2014, 08:32 PM. Reason: New version!
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Love it! The pacing feels right and I love the sweeping pads over the fast arpeggiating synth lines. I am eager to hear what you are going to add.

Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
      Love it! The pacing feels right and I love the sweeping pads over the fast arpeggiating synth lines. I am eager to hear what you are going to add.

Great work!
      Thank you for your comment

I updated the main post with a new version of the track, will continue work on it tomorrow.

Comment

I like this one! The lead sounds great, although I'd EQ it differently or make it louder, but other than that, it's nice, fast and snappy.
        The snare seems a little bit.. far away? It might be just me, cause I like killer snares in soundracks.
        The pads and ambients are great, I don't think I can say anything bad about them.
        I can't really comment on the mastering because of my sound equipment at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksilisab View Post
          I like this one! The lead sounds great, although I'd EQ it differently or make it louder, but other than that, it's nice, fast and snappy.
          The snare seems a little bit.. far away? It might be just me, cause I like killer snares in soundracks.
          The pads and ambients are great, I don't think I can say anything bad about them.
          I can't really comment on the mastering because of my sound equipment at the moment.
          Thanks for your feedback!

I updated the track now, improved mastering further

Comment

@Archer6621, I can't give any other feedback than tell you that you did a great work there! Great choice of placing drums and electronic samples, the music just keeps at adrenaline-packed UT-vibe from start to end of the track!

Great stuff, keep it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by polyneutron View Post
              @Archer6621, I can't give any other feedback than tell you that you did a great work there! Great choice of placing drums and electronic samples, the music just keeps at adrenaline-packed UT-vibe from start to end of the track!

Great stuff, keep it coming!
              Thank you polyneutron, I made a new version by now with even more improvements in the mastering, you can check it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...estroyerv4.mp3

Or just check the main post above, there I write what I have changed

Comment

I think I can call it finished now, unless something huge is wrong with it.

Tried playtesting in-game, it's nice with the right volume, would do for small and fast paced deathmatch maps

Comment

This is great! A few more tracks of this calibre and the original composers wont have any work to do at all.

Comment

Little underwhelming with the drums, but otherwise pretty good track.
                    Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
                      Thank you polyneutron, I made a new version by now with even more improvements in the mastering, you can check it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...estroyerv4.mp3

Or just check the main post above, there I write what I have changed
                      Loving all the work you've done there, jeez - it took much time and efforts on the way to the 8th one, for sure!

Sick track, I suggest Epic introduce a new badge 'UT Composer' since music on forums develops in the right art direction, I suppose. That's why I see it highly important - to encourage composers in a certain way.
                      Cheers!

Comment

v. 8

Nice track

I've listen the 3 versions but I think the one I like the most is the final version.

I think you did a great job with this one. Therefore, even if there is a lot of sounds, it sound "squeezed" like in a can. It need some headroom, or to breath more if you like. Sorry, if I'm not clear my English isn't good enough The only thing that come across my mind is if your listen some good quality vinyls, you will ear the music as a dept which I don't hear listening this track. MP3 isn't my cup of tea neither...

But the sound is really nice. It only need to bread more
                        Stevie's corner
                        My UT4 maps
                        Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Borbarad101 View Post
                          Little underwhelming with the drums, but otherwise pretty good track.
                          Yeah not very hard to fix to some extent, they were just a bit too low in volume compared to the leads and pads, I'll make a v9 with a fix, already partially tackled it in the alternative versions below the videos

Originally posted by polyneutron View Post
                          Loving all the work you've done there, jeez - it took much time and efforts on the way to the 8th one, for sure!

Sick track, I suggest Epic introduce a new badge 'UT Composer' since music on forums develops in the right art direction, I suppose. That's why I see it highly important - to encourage composers in a certain way.
                          Cheers!
                          So far there hasn't been much of a word from epic in this part of the forums, I think because it's not a big priority yet. Thank you for your comment anyway

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                          Nice track

I've listen the 3 versions but I think the one I like the most is the final version.

I think you did a great job with this one. Therefore, even if there is a lot of sounds, it sound "squeezed" like in a can. It need some headroom, or to breath more if you like. Sorry, if I'm not clear my English isn't good enough The only thing that come across my mind is if your listen some good quality vinyls, you will ear the music as a dept which I don't hear listening this track. MP3 isn't my cup of tea neither...

But the sound is really nice. It only need to bread more
                          I will try to tackle that for the v9 as well, I might need to change some things in the composition in order to do it effectively, mainly panning stuff and such.

It's just that I had very little feedback from people about mastering so far, so I couldn't get it to sound right yet, but I might now.
                          Last edited by Avalanche._; 09-08-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Great !

I can't help at all about audio mastering but I'm definitely curious to listen v. 9
                            Stevie's corner
                            My UT4 maps
                            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                              Great !

I can't help at all about audio mastering but I'm definitely curious to listen v. 9
                              Alright Steve, I'm going to need your help on this one, tell me if this sounds better than the previous, I got two versions for you, try the AAC one if you can play it, otherwise the ogg version:

AAC: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...yerFinalv9.aac
                              OGG: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...yerFinalv9.ogg

If it doesn't.. I wouldn't know what else to do, I don't have the knowledge/equipment yet to do better I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X