New track in the making - Flow

======
    Finished
    ======

FINISHED VERSION:
    OGG: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../FlowFinal.ogg
    MP3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51891186/FlowFinal.mp3

OLD STUFF:

Busy as always, trying out new stuff. I want to make something clean that evolves slowly, with all kinds of little variations happening. I learned some new tricks while working on the previous tracks and from feedback from other people, that gave me good examples of quality music.

Anyway this is just a "shell" of the track, like the very core concept:

----------------Check below-------------

It doesn't have much going on yet, but that will come soon enough when I have the time

I'll update this thread with progress, for now I'd like it if people could comment on -how- it sounds, whether it would fit UT and how the sound could be improved if it doesn't sound good for some reason.

Thanks for listening/reading.

UPDATE:

Making progress, it's still very WIP and experimental though: Check for update below

Read my post below for more indepth info.

UPDATE:

New version, read details below in my reply: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51891186/Flowv3.ogg
    Last edited by Avalanche._; 09-21-2014, 02:32 PM. Reason: Finished, put video up + links
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Hey Archer

This rhythm is **** good

From the first beats, I instinctively thought that some music arrangements like in Blade Runner the movie theme soundtrack would make this track a instant classic. The movie theme from Blade Runner is a classic by Vangelis and as been remixed by a plethora of music artists. So, there is the link to YouTube video.
    Stevie's corner
    My UT4 maps
    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Update on track.

It's nowhere near done yet, but it has more structure now. Still experimenting though.. No main melody yet, still thinking whether it's going to need one or not, I want this one to be more in the spirit of The Course and Run from UT99. There will be more variation, don't worry.

So yeah, it's still pretty much a shell/blockout without many details, but here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51891186/Flowv2.ogg

Comment

It feels UT'99ish. I like it
        Unofficial Enforcer Model
        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

This could actually be really great UMenu music. I'd love to run the server browser and options with this track on.

Comment

v. 2

Wow, so much different

Really like the fact you cut the bass beat here & there while adding many sounds effects that aren't permanent all across the song but still the sound core isn't loss (dunno if my explanation make sense lol). Talk about variety. Excellent progress

Dunno if you listen the bade runner theme song but I can clearly ear many influence, which is great
            Stevie's corner
            My UT4 maps
            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Cool man, nice job!

+1 for adding a main melody, felt a little bit like it was waiting to transition for the entire track but it never happened Would also help stretch it into the 3+ min range.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                Wow, so much different

Really like the fact you cut the bass beat here & there while adding many sounds effects that aren't permanent all across the song but still the sound core isn't loss (dunno if my explanation make sense lol). Talk about variety. Excellent progress

Dunno if you listen the bade runner theme song but I can clearly ear many influence, which is great
                I did listen a bit to it, but I think it's coincidental that it sounds similar because I didn't hear it before

Anyhow, thanks for your comment, very motivational!

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                Cool man, nice job!

+1 for adding a main melody, felt a little bit like it was waiting to transition for the entire track but it never happened Would also help stretch it into the 3+ min range.
                Main melody it is, I'll try to come up with something fitting soon enough, and yes it will definitely become longer than 3 minutes, kinda like the other tracks, around 3:30 most likely.

Thanks for your comment/feedback!

Comment

DJ Pizza-Steve.

This track reminds me about how people used to have fun in the 90's.
                  Last edited by Pieman22; 09-20-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Hahaa, thanks pieman

Here's a progress update guys: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51891186/Flowv3.ogg

Composition is still not done yet, but I took the time to industrialize the track a bit, which was recommended by tetsu

Sorry.. No main melody yet, and I'm having a hard time thinking about how to make one fit in, this track is very similar to tracks like Run and The Course from UT99, which mostly lacked a main melody too.

I guess the melody in this one is simply the bass as it stands right now.

Comment

It fits UT a lot more now
                      Last edited by Pieman22; 09-20-2014, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Love it! I love the metal clanking echoing in the distance. Very driving beat indeed!

Comment

Working...
                        X