Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Rom Di Prisco & Jesper Kyd back on the scene !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Rom Di Prisco & Jesper Kyd back on the scene !!!

I know (back in May, 2014) someone posted a request for this, but has the Epic Staff decided if they wanted to (or already have) reached out to Rom Di Prisco & Jesper Kyd yet for their music talents? Their music was insanely intense and fed the addiction to all the games on UT2004 !!! Let everyone here reading this know if you're open to having both their music talents on here. Here's both of their sites:

Rom Di Prisco site:

http://www.romdiprisco.com/

and his contact page if you want to reach to him and encourage him to come back on the scene!!!

http://www.romdiprisco.com/contact.html

Also, here's Jesper Kyd's site and contact info:

http://www.jesperkyd.com
    Last edited by PunkNugget; 09-13-2014, 06:01 PM.

Originally posted by MrTech
    heck no to rom di prisco, he butchered many UT3 tracks... yes to Jesper though
    Ok… How and which tracks did he "butcher?" Please go into detail and give the minute markers on each the UT3 soundtracks that you didn't like that he did. I'm really curious. Thanks in advance for doing this...
    Last edited by PunkNugget; 09-14-2014, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Can't say nothing about Rom Di Prisco, but definately a big YES for Jesper Kyd.
      Jesper's music always fit games perfect and makes those games memorable.

Comment

I really liked Rom's work actually. Mekalopolis is an awesome track. And I also felt his style of composing is a closer match to the original UT99 soundtrack than Jesper Kyd's work (nothing against Jesper though, I love his work).

Comment

Rom is one of my favorite musicians, UT3 soundtrack was fine (I'm still listening to it sometimes), but he also did the NFS4 soundtrack (back then when NFS games weren't as bad as today). My all time favorite.

ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

I really appreciate the comments so far and the soundtrack links: Here's some more great stuff from Rom and Jesper as well:

http://shop.romdiprisco.com/track/omicron-velorum

and here's another link to one of his soundtracks he did back in 2010 here (listen to Track 1. Troposphere):
            http://shop.romdiprisco.com/album/cryptidalia

Jesper Kyd's Site (Just let the first soundtrack play - Metal Hurlant Chronicles Season 2 - Dropping The Cargo):
            http://www.jesperkyd.com

Again, I think both (Ron & Jesper) are what's needed again for UT2014's New Soundtrack. But this time instead of building on the older original UT Intro Title Theme, have one (or both of them) create an original Intro that is just as Ominously Deep, Hard Hitting, Apocalyptic and Inspiring. Something that you won't get tired of listening to that will intensify your gameplay that much more and build those lasting memories; very much like what UT2004's & UT3's Soundtrack accomplished...

Comment

Originally posted by Deuss View Post
              Can't say nothing about Rom Di Prisco, but definately a big YES for Jesper Kyd.
              I must take my words back. I absolutely loved NFS4 soundtrack, didn't know Rom Di Prisco was involved.

Comment

And he also did some tracks for the NHL game series by the way.

I love how he was able to capture that competitive feel in his soundtracks.

P.S. My other favorite from NFS3, forgot to put it in the previous post:

ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

I'd definitely love Rom to come back. Some of his tracks and remixes on the UT3 are just incredible. And his album Cryptidalia (and the remix version for that matter) proves he can be quite versatile when it comes to feeling and atmosphere.

Comment

I want to encourage everyone reading this post, PLEASE contact these Rom & Jesper on their sites. Go to their contact page and EMAIL & CALL them, like I did. Let them know you want them in to do the new soundtrack (together or separately). Sure they might be busy with other projects, but if they have the time and work something out with Epic to make something happen that would be great!

I'm excited to see where this game is growing and want to join in again on the action. I used to play UT99, UT03, UT04 and UT3, but stopped some years ago because of my business, kids and my awesome wife. Now that I have a little free time on my hands, I would like to have my hobby back in my life. Time to break out the old Turtle Beach EarForce HPA2 Headset & Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander (best controller for your left hand). This might sound strange, but I'm going to tell you what Dom's & Jesper's musical talent did for me when they created the UT3 Soundtrack.

I believe that we need a little fun in our lives (in-between all of the stuff that's going on in our lives). I want to be invigorated by even more of the same Ominously Deep, Hard Hitting, Apocalyptic and Inspiring music that we know and love that these two men joined together and made. So please email them and let them know that you want them back!!!

Rom Di Prisco:
                    rom@romdiprisco.com or info@romdiprisco.com
                    905-434-4411

Jesper Kyd:
                    Cheryl Tiano (Jesper's Rep)
                    The Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency
                    818-260-8530
                    ctiano@gsamusic.com
                    Last edited by PunkNugget; 09-18-2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X