Survive: Piece inspired by UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I really like the piece! Good rhythm, agree with above on the industrial sounds.

It feels way too wet though. All the mains have reverb it seems. Some of those lines would hit harder and feel more present if they were drier I think.

Really like the line at 1:40 though, but maybe bring it more front and center, and give it a second or a quick drop without the beat to add impact maybe? spitballing...

Nice work though!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice I liked it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A good part of it sounds more like a punchy mass effect 3 soundtrack. Some parts are a bit too electro for my taste (but it's only my taste ^^). The first orchestral bit is really UT-like.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know dude. I happen to love it as it is. It's a great variety. I can see it as a UT map. I can also see it as a Final Fantasy game boss music . Both are meant to be compliments! I can't wait to play the map this is associated with!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
    I don't mind at all! I appreciate you listening to it. I can tweak around the levels of the drums a bit. The snares are inherently not punchy and I am debating if I want that to be punchy in the first place.

It sounded like you reacted to the piercing lead of 3:18. I can dial that down a bit. I am not sure if your reaction to it is due to the repetition or the actual sound (it's the previous line but one octave up.) Can you elaborate?

Again, thanks for thoughts!
    Well it's a bit of everything, the actual sound is indeed too sharp, and the melody is very rapid, maybe you just need to change one or the other

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't mind at all! I appreciate you listening to it. I can tweak around the levels of the drums a bit. The snares are inherently not punchy and I am debating if I want that to be punchy in the first place.

It sounded like you reacted to the piercing lead of 3:18. I can dial that down a bit. I am not sure if your reaction to it is due to the repetition or the actual sound (it's the previous line but one octave up.) Can you elaborate?

Again, thanks for thoughts!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you don't mind, try to make the drums a bit louder as they tend to drown away between everything that's going on sometimes, and try to make the snare around 0:46 punchier (compression perhaps!) (also around 2:55 and 2:00, and other places too I think).

I think the lead starting around 3:18 is a bit too much, especially when it becomes intenser at 3:35 where it sounds annoying, but that could be just me : P

Other than that, mighty fine piece of music, drop @ 2:30 is epic, very nice

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Survive: Piece inspired by UT

Survive: Piece inspired by UT

This must be the week of music uploading! I got inspired from all of these amazing music submissions that I wrote one of my own. I would love to share it with you guys.

Try this link
    Last edited by MaxCarnage; 04-09-2015, 04:32 PM.
Working...
X