Survive: Piece inspired by UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survive: Piece inspired by UT

This must be the week of music uploading! I got inspired from all of these amazing music submissions that I wrote one of my own. I would love to share it with you guys.

Try this link
    Last edited by MaxCarnage; 04-09-2015, 04:32 PM.

If you don't mind, try to make the drums a bit louder as they tend to drown away between everything that's going on sometimes, and try to make the snare around 0:46 punchier (compression perhaps!) (also around 2:55 and 2:00, and other places too I think).

I think the lead starting around 3:18 is a bit too much, especially when it becomes intenser at 3:35 where it sounds annoying, but that could be just me : P

Other than that, mighty fine piece of music, drop @ 2:30 is epic, very nice
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

I don't mind at all! I appreciate you listening to it. I can tweak around the levels of the drums a bit. The snares are inherently not punchy and I am debating if I want that to be punchy in the first place.

It sounded like you reacted to the piercing lead of 3:18. I can dial that down a bit. I am not sure if your reaction to it is due to the repetition or the actual sound (it's the previous line but one octave up.) Can you elaborate?

Again, thanks for thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
        I don't mind at all! I appreciate you listening to it. I can tweak around the levels of the drums a bit. The snares are inherently not punchy and I am debating if I want that to be punchy in the first place.

It sounded like you reacted to the piercing lead of 3:18. I can dial that down a bit. I am not sure if your reaction to it is due to the repetition or the actual sound (it's the previous line but one octave up.) Can you elaborate?

Again, thanks for thoughts!
        Well it's a bit of everything, the actual sound is indeed too sharp, and the melody is very rapid, maybe you just need to change one or the other
        Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

I don't know dude. I happen to love it as it is. It's a great variety. I can see it as a UT map. I can also see it as a Final Fantasy game boss music . Both are meant to be compliments! I can't wait to play the map this is associated with!

Comment

A good part of it sounds more like a punchy mass effect 3 soundtrack. Some parts are a bit too electro for my taste (but it's only my taste ^^). The first orchestral bit is really UT-like.
            RASTE IN PEACE !
            Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
            Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Nice I liked it
              UT99/U2/2003/2004/UT3 Unreal Life Doz Digital Studio UT MAP MUSIC https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/

Comment

I really like the piece! Good rhythm, agree with above on the industrial sounds.

It feels way too wet though. All the mains have reverb it seems. Some of those lines would hit harder and feel more present if they were drier I think.

Really like the line at 1:40 though, but maybe bring it more front and center, and give it a second or a quick drop without the beat to add impact maybe? spitballing...

Nice work though!
                Here with an interest in sound and music...
                https://soundcloud.com/tempestry

Comment

Originally posted by Tempestry View Post
                  It feels way too wet though. All the mains have reverb it seems. Some of those lines would hit harder and feel more present if they were drier I think.
                  Good point, I like where the reverb sits at the moment, but the next piece is going to be have less verb to add some punch. Thanks!

Comment

****, this track is amazing !!!! Love it

I've send ya a PM
                    Stevie's corner
                    My UT4 maps
                    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Hey MaxCarnage

Look like there is a missing link in the OP
                      Stevie's corner
                      My UT4 maps

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                        Hey MaxCarnage

Look like there is a missing link in the OP
                        Oh dang is the soundcloud linke no longer working? Or are you referring to the download link? Still need to work on that...

I clicked on it and it worked, but perhaps it's on my end? Thanks for the reply though!

Comment

I really, really dig this track.... it has some amazing, blood pumping, up tempo motif's and cool electronic parts in it, which suits perfectly in this new UT era... Keep up the good work!
                          | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                          Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
                            Oh dang is the soundcloud linke no longer working? Or are you referring to the download link? Still need to work on that...

I clicked on it and it worked, but perhaps it's on my end? Thanks for the reply though!
                            Well, you told me you'll add the download link weeks ago in the OP. I was checking it out to see it's not there yet

BTW, I listen this track almost everyday, excellent job m8
                            Stevie's corner
                            My UT4 maps

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                              Well, you told me you'll add the download link weeks ago in the OP. I was checking it out to see it's not there yet

BTW, I listen this track almost everyday, excellent job m8
                              Ah! Thank you for staying on me!

I will update it with the link shortly!

Comment

Working...
                              X