No announcement yet.

Archer's Music Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this man, really catches an eerie mystic temple atmosphere Hope to see it in the game.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes is a good Music for the Map DM-Temple

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
        I've started overhauling my Monks of Na Pali track, completely re-did the percussion pretty much and also adjusted the mastering to sound more fitting with the in-game sounds atm.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ht2_redone.mp3

For reference/comparison, this is the old one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...fNaPaliM2L.mp3

I might make further adjustments depending on feedback.

The track was made with maps like DM-Temple in mind.

Try playing a game on DM-temple with this playing in the background and let me know if it feels right
        Wow, quite an overhauling ! So this is the final 2.0 ?

It sound so much better, excellent work here

Can't wait to download the WAV!!!
        Stevie's corner
        Maps, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
        Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Finally found your thread, Archer! You know I have some musical background so I allowed myself to comment on your music. I hope you don't mind me doing so.

Dissolution: Hell yeah. This is extremely good soundtrack for this game! I think you could have make the drums less important and then louder in 1:37, where it has almost a solo part.... 2:20: Omg - so many layers of sound. Very well balanced. Did I mention I really like endings of your tracks?

I still think that Monks of Na Pali is the greatest of your soundtracks. All of them have incredible space in them however Monks has very unique atmosphere and still fits games like UT 4 very well. I swear I could hear waves and wind in the background!

Thundercrash: Much more "hardcore", strong and not so unique as Monk Na Pali I like the short part on 1:37. But overall I feel like some sort of theme or more soothing and constant sound is missing. It is almost like there is background or accompaniment for some melody line which you forgot to record... But at 3.24 you can hear strings playing it! Although for a very short period of time.

Astra: 1:16 nice break. I am not the biggest fan of the melody in this one (sorry!) which sounds good but too repetetive and not diversified enough... I still thinks Monks of Na Pali beats this one a lot!

Apex: 0:53. Holy ****! Eh. So great part and yet so short! 1:32: Amazing depth! One of the best "breaks" and on 1:55 it gets so ****in epic! In this moment I could even claim this part is as great as Monks of Na Pali... I put this track on the second place in my personal list. It's not so "tough and hardcore" as Dissolution or Thundercrash and not so fast as Astra and has perfect balance of space, tempo and harmony in it! I would love to see more from you with this style.

Flow: Not sure about this one... I don't like the percussion in its primitive... 0:39 - HOLY ****! What happend!? Amazing! 1:08 - meh.. Again... :P It is almost like two different tracks but at 1:37 I enjoy this background siren effect. At 2:13 you can hear the "theme" of the track which is way too simple and I think it could use different harmony (maybe play it on different heights and chords...?)

Orbit: Very similar construction to the Flow but much better as it has additional layers and percussion is less primitive. 1:36 - 2:06 - very nice chords! At 2:41 there is this brilliant high pitch melody I absolutely love! it keeps of playing till the end...

And finally Impact Hammer: I think I will post a comment about this soundtrack in a few days as it requires more profound feedback then the one I can provide at this point...

Overall: Incredible. Your music is OUT OF THE BOX. Its original, unique and diversified.
          For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Yasss Monks of Napali for president, fantastic work there I'm generally a total fan of your work and love every single soundtrack. Especially Dissolution and Monks of Napali are super amazing!
            Astra might fit to a spacey CTF map well. Apex has some super cool harmonies and melodies, i'd love to see this on a sci-fi deathmatch map or assault. Destroyer kicks *** and I want to see it on a small-sized claustrophobic industrial duel map. Orbit sounds CTF-y to me and might suit another space CTF map perfectly. Dawn is super awesome and should be the official soundtrack theme of DM-chill.

Keep doing your awesome work and I hope you will get lots of attention and exposure
            Be prepared that I will keep requesting to use your music in my upcoming tutorial videos haha
            Last edited by zedmaster; 11-23-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
              Finally found your thread, Archer! You know I have some musical background so I allowed myself to comment on your music. I hope you don't mind me doing so.

Dissolution: Hell yeah. This is extremely good soundtrack for this game! I think you could have make the drums less important and then louder in 1:37, where it has almost a solo part.... 2:20: Omg - so many layers of sound. Very well balanced. Did I mention I really like endings of your tracks?

I still think that Monks of Na Pali is the greatest of your soundtracks. All of them have incredible space in them however Monks has very unique atmosphere and still fits games like UT 4 very well. I swear I could hear waves and wind in the background!

Thundercrash: Much more "hardcore", strong and not so unique as Monk Na Pali I like the short part on 1:37. But overall I feel like some sort of theme or more soothing and constant sound is missing. It is almost like there is background or accompaniment for some melody line which you forgot to record... But at 3.24 you can hear strings playing it! Although for a very short period of time.

Astra: 1:16 nice break. I am not the biggest fan of the melody in this one (sorry!) which sounds good but too repetetive and not diversified enough... I still thinks Monks of Na Pali beats this one a lot!

Apex: 0:53. Holy ****! Eh. So great part and yet so short! 1:32: Amazing depth! One of the best "breaks" and on 1:55 it gets so ****in epic! In this moment I could even claim this part is as great as Monks of Na Pali... I put this track on the second place in my personal list. It's not so "tough and hardcore" as Dissolution or Thundercrash and not so fast as Astra and has perfect balance of space, tempo and harmony in it! I would love to see more from you with this style.

Flow: Not sure about this one... I don't like the percussion in its primitive... 0:39 - HOLY ****! What happend!? Amazing! 1:08 - meh.. Again... :P It is almost like two different tracks but at 1:37 I enjoy this background siren effect. At 2:13 you can hear the "theme" of the track which is way too simple and I think it could use different harmony (maybe play it on different heights and chords...?)

Orbit: Very similar construction to the Flow but much better as it has additional layers and percussion is less primitive. 1:36 - 2:06 - very nice chords! At 2:41 there is this brilliant high pitch melody I absolutely love! it keeps of playing till the end...

And finally Impact Hammer: I think I will post a comment about this soundtrack in a few days as it requires more profound feedback then the one I can provide at this point...

Overall: Incredible. Your music is OUT OF THE BOX. Its original, unique and diversified.
              Thank you for the awesome feedback Justin, it means a lot to me

Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
              Yasss Monks of Napali for president, fantastic work there I'm generally a total fan of your work and love every single soundtrack. Especially Dissolution and Monks of Napali are super amazing!
              Astra might fit to a spacey CTF map well. Apex has some super cool harmonies and melodies, i'd love to see this on a sci-fi deathmatch map or assault. Destroyer kicks *** and I want to see it on a small-sized claustrophobic industrial duel map. Orbit sounds CTF-y to me and might suit another space CTF map perfectly. Dawn is super awesome and should be the official soundtrack theme of DM-chill.

Keep doing your awesome work and I hope you will get lots of attention and exposure
              Be prepared that I will keep requesting to use your music in my upcoming tutorial videos haha
              Thanks for the cool comment and I don't mind, use it as much as you want
              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Archer, dont you have a soundcloud profile already? like to scroll through all your tracks mate, it's easier instead of clicking and downloading all these single links of yours, just a tip
                Last edited by Mcjansen; 01-25-2016, 07:51 AM.
                | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
                  Archer, dont you have a soundcloud profile already? like to scroll through all your tracks mate, it's easier instead of clicking and downloading all these single links of yours, just a tip
                  I linked it in several places (bottom of thread), including my signature (will add "Soundcloud" to it explicitly now)

But here you go: https://soundcloud.com/deshaadman

Enjoy!
                  Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

How did i missed that? ok well i found it now, thanks, and great stuff!
                    | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                    Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Is Epic going to implement Monks of NaPali into the game?

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                      X