Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Hydraulics

Hey guys,

I had the pleasure of writing music for Rastes DM-Hydraulics ( https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-dm_hydraulics ) .
    It was quite a journey and is something completely different to what I posted so far.
    The track is pretty "in your face", dont know what else to say about. =)

Alternative soundcloud link

Please take some time and listen to the track and leave some feedback.
    Dont mind the abrupt ending/beginning its meant to loop.

Best regards
    Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
    Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Love it, very nice aggressive track. One of my regrets as a composer is that I really can't play guitar very well and it's making me jealous to hear all these awesome riffs hehe :P I assume you recorded them yourself?

Comment

This breathes UT. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
        This breathes UT. Nice.
        I asked Nonemm to take Razorback and Run as inspirations for the type of music. I wanted something a bit like Razorback for the heart pumping guitars and something a bit like Run for the mechanical ambiance.

Nonemm did a really nice job creating a good mix of both. Next step will be to integrate it into the map.
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Originally posted by Sonaeris View Post
          Love it, very nice aggressive track. One of my regrets as a composer is that I really can't play guitar very well and it's making me jealous to hear all these awesome riffs hehe :P I assume you recorded them yourself?
          Glad you like it - and yes, Im a guitar player

Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
          This breathes UT. Nice.
          Thank you! Cant get a better comment, haha

Comment

Reminds me slightly of the soundtrack in Descent 1 and 2 (Redbook one, not OPL), and of Fireburn in UT99, and a tiny bit of Sauerbraten

I don't really hear either Run or Razorback in this, but that doesn't matter at all.

You did a great job on this, especially liking the fact that you played the guitar by yourself. My favorite part is 1:20 - 1:27, wish it was slightly longer haha, like repeated two times with some additions in the second repetition.

Don't really have other feedback than the above, it's great as it is, would love to hear it during some intense deathmatches
            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Really like the track overall

Many instruments / effects / rhythm changes which is awesome

The Alternative soundcloud link sound so much better, it's almost like another song !!!

The only thing that I can say is while I like the guitar (which your a great player btw), it is to dominant meaning that the track sound like a guitar solo & we can't really enjoy anything else you put into the track ! It would be less aggressive for the ears if there was less guitar. Overall it would sound more complete than a guitar solo.
              Stevie's corner
              My UT4 maps
              Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                The Alternative soundcloud link sound so much better, it's almost like another song !!!

The only thing that I can say is while I like the guitar (which your a great player btw), it is to dominant meaning that the track sound like a guitar solo & we can't really enjoy anything else you put into the track ! It would be less aggressive for the ears if there was less guitar. Overall it would sound more complete than a guitar solo.
                Well... Youtube and Soundcloud compress differently, the sourcefile was the same.

You could be right in that point, I'll try it!
                Thanks for taking the time and listening to it, glad you like it

Comment

summary:
                  I like the intro 0-18 seconds alot, sounds like a madman is banging the steel pipes in dm-hydraulics with something!
                  then you get to the heavy guitars wich are not bad
                  But the III (how to describe that lol) at 23-24sec and all other III's following are way to loud and agressive .
                  The part in between 1,05 and 1,26 is good
                  The part in between 1,36 - 1.59 good too
                  From 2.18 to the end all is good

For the rest i'm like: hmmm
                  I do like the song, but its very in your face as you mentioned and doesn't quite stroke with the athmosphere of hydraulics.

inspire inspire dat tempo, dat guitar ...
                  Try razorback from 39sec (the best part imo)

grtz irri
                  BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
                  DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

hell yeah awesome classic ut feeling love this one !

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far. Little busy on my End.
                      @ Iridium77 , i worked closely with Raste to get the mood right. He thinks that the track is pretty much how he wanted Hydraulics to sound. But in the end, music is always a very subjective issue and its hard to please everyone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0xumcp0pp...ulics.mp3?dl=0

The track was specifically written for DM-Hydraulics, if you want to use it in another (commercial)context please contact me and we work it out : ).
                      Last edited by Nonemm; 10-25-2014, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
                        I worked closely with Raste to get the mood right. He thinks that the track is pretty much how he wanted Hydraulics to sound. But in the end, music is always a very subjective issue and its hard to please everyone.
                        We definitely did set the tone and general idea of the soundtrack. I believe it will still evolve in some ways and the community's advice / feedback / opinions is precious to help us improve this content for you folks. Don't hesitate to say what you like about it, if you think some sounds could bring us closer to that "hydraulics" feeling. I feature this soundtrack in all my videos of the map now so you guys have both the visual feel and the soundtrack together.
                        RASTE IN PEACE !
                        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Love it! Makes me wanna go frag some Necris!

Comment

i there must be a more solo, and more melodic for complexity..
                            anyway, very nice!

Comment

The only problem with this track is that I won't get any kills playing a map that has this music because my right hand will be too busy fist pumping in the air instead of on my mouse! Love it!
                              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Working...
                              X