No announcement yet.

Chasing Voids (Space Themed Map)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Chasing Voids (Space Themed Map)

Final Mix

https://soundcloud.com/timothy-seals/chasing-voids-ut4-dm-chill

Timothy.
    Last edited by TSeals; 06-19-2016, 02:06 AM.
    Music for Unreal Tournament

Chasing Voids - (Official CTF - BigRock)
    Solar Fields
    Perihelion

Sounds great! Fits UT

Comment

Beautiful. This track calls for a new "facing worlds"

Comment

I really like the theme. Maybe the drum beat at the beginning could feature more variations. Other than that great job !
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

I really like the melody, maybe it would be better if you can make the beats less prevalent, too much drum & bass on it. Anyway I have to admit that is the best track I've listened in the forum so far
          Last edited by riky rice; 10-12-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I have to say that tune sounds really good on it's own, and i like it. Im all for DnB in the game, but this1 feels really chilled and doesn't fit well. We need something more kicking, speeding player up. Foregone Destruction keeps jungle flavour, it's faster, more energetic. Try with jungle grooves instead of classic dnb, but I would suggest to leave it as it is, and compose new tune: keep the atmospheric vibes with jungle grooves, try more complex bassline (subbass).

If You need inspiration, chceck out Alaska, Paradox, Squarepusher and other jungle/dnb producers.

Good job, and keep it up.

Comment

Sounds really good, it'd fit a larger spacey map super well

Comment

I like +1
                Like Phoebos feel

Comment

Another good one

The mood is great & very UT

It's a very good start but I have some suggestions :

1 - The fact the beat start almost at the beginning of the track make the intro not long enough imo. I think the intro would be better if you keep only the synth until 0:33 and then add the beat in a fade in way (like at 2:25 for example).
                  2 - I expected the melody to drop at 1:07 to leave the place to other arrangements.
                  3 - The guitar we start to ear around 1:14 sound to much evasive. Beside all other effects sound like that. They aren't clear enough & doesn't pop in the track. You go many things in this track but they are altered by the main melody and the constant DnB beat. Make them stand out more will will make the track sound much better.
                  4 - The melody is there from the beginning to the end. This is way to long.
                  Last edited by Stevelois; 10-21-2014, 12:27 AM.
                  Stevie's corner
                  My UT4 maps
                  Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Really enjoy this track, although I am a huge sucker for D&B. Also thought that Stevie's comments were solid:

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                    Another good one

The mood is great & very UT

It's a very good start but I have some suggestions :

1 - The fact the beat start almost at the beginning of the track make the intro not enough imo. I think the intro would be better if you keep only the synth until 0:33 and then add the beat in a fade in way (like at 2:25 for example).
                    2 - I expected the melody to drop at 1:07 to leave the place to other arrangements.
                    3 - The guitar we start to ear around 1:14 sound to much evasive. Beside all other effects sound like that. They aren't clear enough & doesn't pop in the track. You go many things in this track but they are altered by the main melody and the content DnB beat. Make them stand out more will will make the track sound much better.
                    4 - The melody is there from the beginning to the end. This is way to long.
                    Jim Brown
                    @EntropicDev
                    Epic Games

Comment

I like it very much! It has a very soothing vibe. But in my opinion, it is too chill-like right now to fit perfectly with the game. The criticism offered so far is on point with what I would have to say but you're on the right track, that's for sure. Keep up the the good work!

Could you share a download link please?
                      Last edited by Shletten; 10-19-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Nice track, I like it

Comment

Great Job Timo im a big Fan of of jour Works and Remakes. BTW I love your Mechwarrior Tracks!
                          You have a big Talent.
                          Last edited by Wolk; 10-20-2014, 04:45 PM.
                          Working On: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...acter-Concepts

Comment

Very good. I do think you need to change the drum samples used at the beginning, they sound a tad cheap.
                            Other than that, this should totally be CTF-Face's track for UT4.
                            Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
                            "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
                            Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

Quite awesome indeed .

Comment

Working...
                              X