Killing Grounds (WIP), hard hitting industrial/metal track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Killing Grounds (WIP), hard hitting industrial/metal track

Hi all, I've been working on a new track that's somewhat inspired by Firebr/Razor-Ub/UT2004. It's still very much a work in progress and I intend to make it quite a bit longer as well, but I wouldn't mind some feedback on what I've made so far and get some ideas on how to continue with it

Linkage: https://soundcloud.com/sonaeris/killing-grounds

While it is not the style of music I like the most in the UT world, I must say it is quite good and as a classic feel to it

Only thing that I can suggest is to elaborate more the part from 1:12 to 2:00. You can add 2 or 3 time 32 beats, add more left / right switching channel on the actual effects, make them more clear so they stand out a bit more.

Many parts of the track have unpleasing distortion, dunno if it caused by soundcloud compression or the audio track itself ?

Can you please make a version for casual listening (non loopable with a fade intro/outro)

It's a very good start
    Stevie's corner
    My UT4 maps
    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
      Many parts of the track have unpleasing distortion, dunno if it caused by soundcloud compression or the audio track itself ?

Can you please make a version for casual listening (non loopable with a fade intro/outro)
      Some of the distortion is on purpose, it's supposed to be gritty/loud

The casual listening version will come once I've finished the entire track!

Comment

Soundcloud streams at 128k so they will suffer on some loud or complex stuff.

In my opinion, it is grimy and industrial rather than distorted.
        Love the subtle bass line. Leans towards dub-step without going down that road.
        As a metal and industrial fan I'd say it is shaping up well.
        \m/
        Who wants a UT99 FOOD FIGHT ?

Comment

Good start dude, keep it up!

Comment

Nice one! I have no idea why, but this somewhat reminds me of the music that plays during the 5-minute countdown of the UE live streams...
            Last edited by BhaaL; 11-04-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a song that would work perfect on DM-Zeto

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/DM-Zeto

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I'm gonna work on an extended version

Comment

Working...
                X