• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP Track - Astra

=====
    Done
    =====

The track is done, it's 3:18 long :P

This is the high quality MP3 file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...86/AstraV5.mp3

Wav source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rces/Astra.wav

Old stuff:
    This is my latest concept after taking a break from Apex, I threw it together in 2 hours total now, the current arrangement and amount of variation is nowhere near final, but that's what this thread is for after all.

The track so far: --check below for update--

It's another spacey track like Orbit, but this one is going to be much faster. Other than that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, my time is a bit limited.. I tried to make it cleaner and more modern sounding than my previous concepts. Still struggling a bit with that sub-bass, it was causing some resonance issues, but I feel that I have dumbed it down too much now.

Please provide feedback, your feedback will have direct influence on the development of this track (as it always did with the previous ones!)

UPDATE:

Progress so far: --check below for update--

Everything after 1:09 is completely new/testing, it's likely that things will change as I'm not happy yet with the feel, it still needs something and is still quite empty. I'm also considering changing the snare into something that sounds more metallic, perhaps only for certain parts.

UPDATE:

Took the time to flesh out the new parts a bit, and did some minor work on the overall sound, esp. regarding the drums. Fixed some problems with the strings, added new snare for mid-piece and fixed a sequence there in the drums that was too silent. Added a new melody at the current end and fleshed it up.

Link: Check below

UPDATE:

The track is now almost finished, I added another small part and tweaked the mastering a bit to sound less "nasal". I also adjusted small things in the original composition here and there that I didn't like, and I'm probably still going to tweak the transition between the old and the new part. I also need to work on making it loop better, but that will come. Not sure if I want to go for the 4 minute mark on this one, maybe around 3 and a half or slightly shorter (to make a proper ending to loop with).

This is what I got for now: -- Check below-

UPDATE:

Done: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...86/AstraV5.mp3

Total length = 3:18

Will put up a video soon, maybe with a look inside this time
    Last edited by Avalanche._; 12-05-2014, 12:46 PM. Reason: Track is finished - added .wav
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Updated the concept, I might try to go for the 4 minutes this time, it is currently 2:09 long.

Details are in the main post.

Comment

v. 2:09 mins

Very nice track Archer

The added materials make the track **** nice !

I really like the sounds you choose to make it fade nicely at the beginning and the end.

Dunno what else to say that it's on the good way!
      Stevie's corner
      My UT4 maps
      Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Sounding really good!

If you can ramp this up to 4 minutes that would be awesome, have you got an idea of how you can achieve this time extension without affecting the current tempo of the track so far?
        Not doubting your ability, just curious
        Tripmine Studios
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tripmine Studios | Operation Black Mesa | FRAG Twitter
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        FRAG Level Design | CTF-Atmos

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
          Very nice track Archer

The added materials make the track **** nice !

I really like the sounds you choose to make it fade nicely at the beginning and the end.

Dunno what else to say that it's on the good way!
          Thanks Steve, I'll make sure the end result sounds top notch this time around

Originally posted by FRAG View Post
          Sounding really good!

If you can ramp this up to 4 minutes that would be awesome, have you got an idea of how you can achieve this time extension without affecting the current tempo of the track so far?
          Not doubting your ability, just curious
          I don't really have particular ideas right now, but I know I can make it happen without changing the tempo for sure

It would just require me to spend some time on it. A great plus this time around is that this is a rather flexible track, without a very well defined melody/harmony, so I can try all sorts of things and experiments to keep things exciting!

But yes, tempo will stay the same, target length will be around 4 min.

Comment

That's cool to hear, really like the track, played it a few times now while working away.

Looking forward to your next update!
            Tripmine Studios
            Tripmine Studios | Operation Black Mesa | FRAG Twitter
            FRAG Level Design | CTF-Atmos

Comment

Updated: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...86/AstraV4.mp3

Check the bottom of the OP for more information, it's almost finished :P

Comment

I'm calling it done, added a video to the original post where I show the arrangement a bit for anybody interested. Also added a high quality mp3 of the final version.

Comment

Awesome man!

Comment

Sounds good.
                    Also known as Nesgee.

Green and Yellow Flag concepts

Comment

v. 5

Hey Archer

Very good job with v. 5, really

It's also very cool to look at the vid and see the track complexity.

Can you PLZ upload the WAV track ?
                      Stevie's corner
                      My UT4 maps

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                        Hey Archer

Very good job with v. 5, really

It's also very cool to look at the vid and see the track complexity.

Can you PLZ upload the WAV track ?
                        Added to the main post, you may need to wait a minute before it is downloadable :P

Comment

The link is there, downloading now

THX very much for sharing another great track !
                          Stevie's corner
                          My UT4 maps

Comment

Working...
                          X