Alternate theme for the main menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate theme for the main menu?

Throughout the series, the main theme music for the menus has been relatively the same, and it has a pretty neat melody and is rather memorable, so of course it would make sense to have the same theme music to be the main theme for the main menu for this game. What would also be pretty neat, though, is if there was an alternate theme for the menu. You know, the theme that isn't the first to be played on the menu but is one that occasionally plays on the menu instead of the main theme, kinda like how you've got alternate themes in 3 of those Super Smash Bros. games that occasionally play on startup instead of the usual theme that you hear.

I was thinking that a remastered version of the main theme in that UT99 beta could work as that alternate theme.

It's not exactly something that would be absolutely necessary to implement, but it would be a neat addition, I think.

Chances are you'll be able to download new ones, so there will probably be an option to pick which theme you want

Comment

Imo the original UT sound track is better, or the remuxed versions from ut2k4 ut3... This soundtrack just doesnt give me the UT vibe...

Comment

So far the best main menu music is ut99 this is the second best. Can you make it like that with the new logo? It reminds me of my late teens days going clubbing with glow sticks on the podiums with the sik makeovers making the ladies ......

Id like to hear a rap version. Techno is a bit too hectic
        Join the community Facebook page
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by Modz` View Post
          Imo the original UT sound track is better, or the remuxed versions from ut2k4 ut3... This soundtrack just doesnt give me the UT vibe...
          I didn't say that it should replace the original theme song, if that's what you were thinking. I just thought it would be kinda neat if it was a secondary theme that occasionally plays on the main menu.

Comment

We've actually been working with Nonemm on an alternate theme for the main menu for the past several weeks. He took the Loading Screen music he developed (https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...Flag-Capture-)) and turned it into a full track that incorporates pieces of the old theme and menu music. I think it sounds great so far...
            Jim Brown
            @EntropicDev
            Epic Games

Comment

Working...
            X