ut2004 music composer (Kevin Riepl) is 'interested'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut2004 music composer (Kevin Riepl) is 'interested'

A lot of people loved the ut99 music and thats why fans ectually managed to bring one of the composers to this forum and inspired him to join into the process of making the new Unreal Tournament(source:https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l-UT-Composer)).
    Also i found a lot of comments about bringing back Kevin Riepl, the composer for most of the ut2004 soundtracks.
    Now in my opinion Starsky Partridge has also made some great soundtracks for this game, but i can't find a way to contact him.

If you have never played ut2004, here is a video with all the music (also Starsky Partridge and Will Nevins made some soundtracks): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-dddhIVCE(there is a playlist of tracknames and times if u want to skip through)

I managed to contact Kevin Riepl;
    Dear Kevin,

You might have heard the news about the new Unreal Tournament thats in the making with help of the community. The music composers from the ut99 series have answered on the unreal tournament forums that they would love to be part of (re)creating soundtracks for this upcoming unreal tournament. Ever since ut2004 came out and I started to play it, I was really impressed and happy about a lot of soundtracks you made(i could sum all the music up that i liked, but that would be a big list). I would love to see you back composing music for this unreal tournament. Atleast i hope you will consider doing so!

Sorry for the amount of text.
    Thank you.

Kevin Riepl's reply: Sounds pretty interesting. Can you link me to the forums?

Ofcourse i linked him the forums, and now its just.. wait for it??
    The response sounds positive and i really hope he will be a part of this, agreed?

edit: Kevin Riepl commented on this thread !
    Last edited by masterwork; 05-09-2014, 02:58 PM.

Cool, keep it up and contact all the old mappers now ^^

Comment

Hmm, so the composers from both 99 and 04 then?

That would be elating.

Comment

Sounds fine to me. While I did prefer Siren and van den Bos's work a little more, I definitely liked many of Kevin's work as well. Why not both?

I feel Kevin Riepl could score the larger, vehicle oriented maps like for Onslaught

Comment

Awesome! let's see what he says.

Comment

Yes...let's see what he says. =)

It's awesome to hear the responses and the passion for this series! It was so much fun working on it. Thanks for reaching out!
            I know first hand that the fans are HUGELY attached to Michiel and Alex's work on the early UT's. Coming into the series for Ut2003 & 2004, that was made apparent, =) but i had different shoes to fill. And i am super happy that fans received my contribution to the series pretty well.
            I agree with the lot, Michiel and Alex's music embodies the true essence of what UT really is.

I'm certainly not opposed to being a part of this. I have no idea the schedule of the development and my contribution I suppose would depend on my schedule allowing it.
            So that being said...much thanks for the passion for my music I wrote for UT. I hope I can stay on top of the info being circulated regarding the development.

Many Thanks.
            Kevin.

Comment

HOLY **** HE ACTUALLY ANSWERED
              I cant believe this, we got the main composers of the original UT and UT2k4... in 1 day...

This is going to kick asses
              Last edited by van Kuss; 05-09-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarvis View Post
                Sounds fine to me. While I did prefer Siren and van den Bos's work a little more, I definitely liked many of Kevin's work as well. Why not both?

I feel Kevin Riepl could score the larger, vehicle oriented maps like for Onslaught
                The perfect solution to have all 3 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by kriepl View Post

It's awesome to hear the responses and the passion for this series! It was so much fun working on it. Thanks for reaching out!
                  I know first hand that the fans are HUGELY attached to Michiel and Alex's work on the early UT's. Coming into the series for Ut2003 & 2004, that was made apparent, =) but i had different shoes to fill. And i am super happy that fans received my contribution to the series pretty well.
                  I agree with the lot, Michiel and Alex's music embodies the true essence of what UT really is.

I'm certainly not opposed to being a part of this. I have no idea the schedule of the development and my contribution I suppose would depend on my schedule allowing it.
                  So that being said...much thanks for the passion for my music I wrote for UT. I hope I can stay on top of the info being circulated regarding the development.

Many Thanks.
                  Kevin.
                  Oh my god...i cant believe this,goosebumps,goosebumps everywhere

Comment

Well done Masterwork, this will be pretty neat.

Comment

HYPERBLAST REDUX FOR THE WIN
                      Please let this guy join the team!

PLEASEEEEEE

Comment

Originally posted by kriepl View Post

Many Thanks.
                        Kevin.
                        OMG I love your work! This is turning out to be the greatest thing ever! On day 2!

Comment

I can't believe this!! Join please, this would be incredible!

Comment

If the game has any Nakhti themed maps in it, there's only one man who can score them.

Last edited by ~SS~; 05-09-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarvis View Post

Indeed. I feel the same as you when it comes to preferences. But regardless of my disposition leaning much more in favour towards Brandon & Van den Bos, I think it's fantastic to see all of these composers appearing here in public, expressing their enthousiasm towards the idea of contributing to this project. It says a lot about how powerful this franchise is.

Comment

Working...
                              X