Music for a map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This sounds like it would be a good match as BGM for an MMO / RPGMaker game, but I can't see it working for Unreal Tournament.

It's definitely too happy/saccharine, I quite like the song on its own merits but it doesn't work in combination with bloody arena combat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Specifically I would suggest, using harsher and aggressive synths. A faster driving drum beat with shorter but rapped notes. Got to start somewhere right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
    I think it sounds too cheerful for a game that's about murdering your opponents in an arena

Also, the instruments that are being used sound a bit cheesy.

You should try using different chords, try using minor chords for instance, they sound less happy and more serious.
    Going to echo what Archer said here. The instrument set here doesn't sound that great.

Your piece here does sound pretty cheerful, and that might be a mismatch mood-wise with most of the deathmatch-y gameplay of UT, but it might actually fit in well with some game modes like BunnyTrack that are less competition oriented. First thing I would work on is getting the instrumentation right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it sounds too cheerful for a game that's about murdering your opponents in an arena

Also, the instruments that are being used sound a bit cheesy.

You should try using different chords, try using minor chords for instance, they sound less happy and more serious.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [CONCEPT ART] Music for a map

Music for a map

Here is my latest contribution for the tournament ladder. Thechallenge here is to keep the feel of UT music without compromising creativity.

https://soundcloud.com/29degreessouth/bright-horizon/s-REwli

Hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/29degreessouth/bright-horizon/s-REwli

Hope you like it.

Working...
X