Thoughts about the new announcer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts about the new announcer

Out of nowhere, there was a new announcer!

She's not quite there yet. Her voice leans towards the Unreal /UT99 female version, but this one sound less sexy? a bit blend. She actually reminds me a bit of Amy from The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon's girlfriend?
    I dont want to offend the current voice actress at all tho!

[screenshot]http://thechronicleherald.ca/sites/default/files/imagecache/ch_article_main_image/articles/B97101265Z.120121102165503000G4J1LRIK.11.jpg[/screenshot]

Since this is the very first audio sample i've heared this is the first 'constructive feedback i can give. I wonder what you guys think about it?
    Last edited by Mcjansen; 01-25-2015, 11:25 AM.
    | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
    Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Yeah its not up to UT's standard. Love the classic weapon streaks Shock Therapy!!! Their UT standard.

( if their not weapon streaks, what activates them just curious)
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

I do feel bad to say if it's truly some girl in the community making them as I don't want to discourage but I did feel the voice isn't quite professional UT standard. Also the reverb is set a bit too high, especially at the countdown at start so I hear the reverb very obviously on my headphones which makes it feel like the voice is being recorded from a chamber/bathroom.

Comment

There's practically no processing on the sounds so I'm not going to complain yet. Certainly changes the vibe.
        BeyondUnreal Podcast
        r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

I agree on that TwD, it does changes the vibe and feel to it, but we had no chance to deliver any feedback at all on it..
          | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!

Comment

Could someone record the announcer? Since I can't play the game as of yet, and I am quite interested to see what the fuss is about.

Comment

To me it currently sounds too plain, with too much echo and too little re-verb, although the latter might be the side effect of having too much echo.
              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

I don't want to offend anyone either but honestly it sounds far from professional, both from a voice-over and recording standpoint. Dead on with the BBT girl.

Comment

Remember this one? The 'aroused' version in UT2k4 Still funny as hell..

Comment

Working...
                  X