Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] New Status Announcer Audio

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to post a heads up that (as you may have already noticed) we've updated the Status Announcer Audio! IMPORTANT NOTE: This is temp audio only!

As we head into the next stage of development, we wanted to be able to update the Status Announcer frequently and easily. This meant grabbing a volunteer from our internal staff and doing a quick, one-take recording session. It's not in a sound booth, its not using any fancy equipment, its not polished in any way. Think of this as the BSP shell or concept art version of the Status Announcer. We decided to re-record ALL of the files because we're planning on adding new announcements and wanted them to at least be consistent across the board.

If you have a great Announcer voice, or know someone who'd be willing to contribute and make their services available both on short notice and for the long term, we'd love to hear it. Post a sample here and we can discuss.
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

Oh man, wish we could somehow notify UnrealGrrl about this...
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

In Planetside there's a third party stat tracker made by Recursion. It adds announcer sounds to the game as well. The original voice pack was a reasonably close approximation of the original UT announcer. I think the guy's name was Radlock.

Anyways I'm on mobile, but I'm pretty sure there's videos of his voice and contact info out there for you guys to find him.
      Last edited by TheWhiteDragon; 01-26-2015, 03:10 PM.
      BeyondUnreal Podcast
      r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

Good to know! thanks for the heads up Jim
        | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
        Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

This is Radlock's voice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL1sKN0HkLQ

Comment

In my search i came along this guy, dont know if you guys know him already or if he did already some work for Epic? He has a great voice for this kind of work.

| Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!

Comment

We're looking at the status announcer right now, which is the female voice. The goal is to clearly differentiate between Status (female) and Reward (male).

We thought about UnrealGrrl, actually, and would still be happy to talk with her. We just needed rapid turnaround and it was MUCH easier to go with someone who was here every day (for prototyping); for the final recordings, it could be anyone!
              Jim Brown
              @EntropicDev
              Epic Games

Comment

Hi entropy, I recorded this fast it was all in one take and without microphone pop shield!(Didn't buy it yet!) if you understand, so some things are clipping I am aware of it cause my breath was going straight into mic without pop filter. The voice is pitched down 4 semitones/ -400 pitch then original voice. I processed it with some FX'es to sound more wider and added some bass to it.

Please consider this was done all in 1 take, i haven't recorded anything twice, just a fast test to see if you like some of it so I can record more, and its only way I can contribute to the game since I don't own unreal engine 4 .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhyqdns6uq...uncer.wav?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
                  In my search i came along this guy, dont know if you guys know him already or if he did already some work for Epic? He has a great voice for this kind of work.

"unstoppable" was done perfectly.
                  I hope you get this guy (oTc SugaR) .. It looks like hes still active/contactable on you tube.
                  Last edited by JustinM; 01-27-2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

you could ask Christian Antknow (Xian) he did the Quake 3 Announcer. So far i know is that he was willing to do the Annoucer Sounds for Reflex, but the game status is now cancled on kickstarter even tho its on steam.
                    Last edited by ArKtur; 02-01-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Sorry for necroposting, but maybe there is any possibility to invite Xander Mobus? It would be incredible, his announcer voice for last SSB was incredible, in my humble opinion, even the best one in the series. It's so uplifting, it reminds me kind of ut 2003 annoucer. I don't have high hopes for this, but who knows.
                      Voice clips from SSB (WiiU/3DS):

Comment

Hey guys...I just gave it a try. I hope you enjoy. I know you're looking for female announcers, but I just felt like I had to do it hah

All of this was recorded with a $ 20 Corsair's Raptor Gaming Headset.

The first one is my vocals only and the second features some effects.

https://soundcloud.com/illya_benkard...nament-beta-10
                        Olá!
                        Take a look (listen) at my Portfolio!
                        https://soundcloud.com/illya_benkard/sets/portfolio

Audiophile and cinematophile...this is me

Comment

Some of them are quite nice Illya, but would love to hear some boost up/fx version? Add some to it, that laugh and spree announcement sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
                            Some of them are quite nice Illya, but would love to hear some boost up/fx version? Add some to it, that laugh and spree announcement sounds interesting.
                            The laugh part was a courtesy of my addiction to Mortal Kombat :v

I just got a better mic and I'll try to make some more uploads tonight.
                            Olá!
                            Take a look (listen) at my Portfolio!
                            https://soundcloud.com/illya_benkard/sets/portfolio

Audiophile and cinematophile...this is me

Comment

Originally posted by Illya Benkard View Post
                              The laugh part was a courtesy of my addiction to Mortal Kombat :v

I just got a better mic and I'll try to make some more uploads tonight.
                              watch out for p-pops, have the mic at eye level pointing down at your mouth from like 8 inches away

Comment

Working...
                              X