Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instagib and its look & sound

Hello

I was addicted to instagib in the years 2000-2002.
    One thing I liked about it in particular: the instagib beam had a fiery look, its sound was fat and nasty, it looked dangerous. A real scorching tool.

I was kind of disappointed with UT2003 and its successor(s), in which the instagib rifle had (imho) degraded into a fancy pants laser beam, with a feeble "zip" sound.

Please dispose of the zipper, dispose of the "tag you're it" feeling.
    Please bring back the fiery beam of death itself.

Originally posted by unrealsideshow View Post
    Hello

I was addicted to instagib in the years 2000-2002.
    One thing I liked about it in particular: the instagib beam had a fiery look, its sound was fat and nasty, it looked dangerous. A real scorching tool.

I was kind of disappointed with UT2003 and its successor(s), in which the instagib rifle had (imho) degraded into a fancy pants laser beam, with a feeble "zip" sound.

Please dispose of the zipper, dispose of the "tag you're it" feeling.
    Please bring back the fiery beam of death itself.
    I have to hear the instagib sound again, was it different from the Shock Rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
      I have to hear the instagib sound again, was it different from the Shock Rifle?
      Not in UT1 or UT2, and probably not in UT3.
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

It was never different they reused the sounds and model of shock + red FX, but it has a good reason to be a different sound this time around. UT1's shock sound feels very powerful, while shock onward went in the opposite direction. Shock in UT4 is again not very punchy, but very zappy but for an instagib rifle I would definitely welcome a more heavy scorching sound to the rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
          It was never different they reused the sounds and model of shock + red FX, but it has a good reason to be a different sound this time around. UT1's shock sound feels very powerful, while shock onward went in the opposite direction. Shock in UT4 is again not very punchy, but very zappy but for an instagib rifle I would definitely welcome a more heavy scorching sound to the rifle.
          I think that's just a criticism of the current Shock Rifle sound. It's alright, but still really lacking oomph.
          I wouldn't mind distinct sounds for the Instagib rifle but clearly the two should be interrelated ... The Instagib rifle should derive from the Shock Rifle, give it some more intensity and maybe some crackling energy as it discharges and letting off superheated gas as it cools down, but the connection between them should be quite apparent.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
            I think that's just a criticism of the current Shock Rifle sound. It's alright, but still really lacking oomph.
            I wouldn't mind distinct sounds for the Instagib rifle but clearly the two should be interrelated ... The Instagib rifle should derive from the Shock Rifle, give it some more intensity and maybe some crackling energy as it discharges and letting off superheated gas as it cools down, but the connection between them should be quite apparent.
            Sounds good, I will look into it.

Comment

Working...
            X