Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modernising Taunts!? No gendered insults please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a sensitive boy. Life is brutal, just used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vassago1911 View Post
      I'm glad that on very low settings I could test UT4 today, and I love how nice and clean it looks even on low detail. However, I'm annoyed by the taunts -- in UT2004 a "Die, b*tch", "You *****!", or "You play like a girl" seemed like a bit of nasty nostalgia; back from the day, when the gamer stereotype only included cis-male straight boys. I'm not okay with them using these insults, but well, what can you do.. but! I'm extremely not okay with UT still carrying these insults -- it normalises that it's ok to shame people by shaming femininities, I would hope we're finally behind that.

Just to exaggerate the effect, imagine UT also had "f*ggot" or "n*gga" and the like in it. I for one would just ignore that game altogether. When I fire up a game, it's because I want to have fun in my spare time, and being automatically insulted with insults that denigrate me as a part of some marginalised group is hurtful, i.e. the opposite of fun.
      Nooooo. Noooooooo. Don't bring that here. In a strong community, nobody cares about a few words, everyone just has fun. You should not be too sensitive that you can't handle this. Now those other words you have up there are not an exaggeration but rather crossing a line from insulting phrases to specific derogatory phrases that are meant to hurt specific groups. I hope you can see the difference there. You should be strong enough that if a game's bots automatically insult you, you don't think of suicide. If you know a girl that is really good at games (I know some) then you can just laugh at the phrase. I'm gay and if the game said "Need some help there Nancy Boy" I would be like "ahhh f*uck you" for a second and keep playing as i don't really care.

I petition that we keep these "Gendered" and "Master/Slave" problems out of this community We don't need people here saying this game is made by the Klan.

Lets all just be open, loving, and able to take a joke and have a laugh. They are taunts, they are supposed to taunt you.

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
        This is amazing. We need stuff like this in UT so bad.

Comment

This thread should be entitled with *SJW douchebaggery warning*
          CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Vassago1911 View Post
            I'm glad that on very low settings I could test UT4 today, and I love how nice and clean it looks even on low detail. However, I'm annoyed by the taunts -- in UT2004 a "Die, b*tch", "You *****!", or "You play like a girl" seemed like a bit of nasty nostalgia; back from the day, when the gamer stereotype only included cis-male straight boys. I'm not okay with them using these insults, but well, what can you do.. but! I'm extremely not okay with UT still carrying these insults -- it normalises that it's ok to shame people by shaming femininities, I would hope we're finally behind that.

Just to exaggerate the effect, imagine UT also had "f*ggot" or "n*gga" and the like in it. I for one would just ignore that game altogether. When I fire up a game, it's because I want to have fun in my spare time, and being automatically insulted with insults that denigrate me as a part of some marginalised group is hurtful, i.e. the opposite of fun.
            Dam social justice warrior, SNOW FLAKE! Get over it, lets just tell Bruce Willis that we are going remaster Die Hard but by the way "yippee ki yay Mother F****r has to be pulled from the movie. Look its your god given right to be offended! get over you self.

Comment

I think pelvic thrusts should only be given to Alpha players, cos sensible reasons...

edit: Agreed on one thing, group taunt one may be removed but that's it.
              Last edited by Samanie; 05-30-2017, 10:37 AM.
              Check the Hybrid Rocket L. Here:https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ed​​​​

Comment

every time i see this thread pop up i want to hurt myself
                CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

I don't know why sensitive or easily triggered people play such games... there is Tetris for you people
                  RASTE IN PEACE !
                  Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                  Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

OK the saying you fight like a girl has been around for decades and you decide to get mad about it now. Anyways its a game why remove it. Also if you get that triggered just turn off bot speech)

Comment

You play like a girl.
                      UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

The first time I played 2k4 and I heard those insults, I could not stop laughing and I loved that Epic had taunts like that in their game.
                        Please for the love of god Epic, keep a sense of humor and your taunts.

Comment

Working...
                        X