Custom voicepacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom voicepacks?

Is it possible to create and use your own custom voicepack?

In the editor everything seems to be there but can you use it in the game like custom maps or weapons?

Ok, here is how far I got: I imported some wav files to "RestrictedAssets/Audio/Character/New", made a copy of the "ThundercrashVoice" blueprint in "RestrictedAssets/Character/Voices", changed the old taunts to my new ones, made a copy of the "Malcolm" Data Asset in "RestrictedAssets/Character/Bots/Thundercrash", changed the Character Voice option to my new blueprint - and now I'm stuck. There is no option to share this asset. It doesn't have to be choosable in some menu, for now it would be enough if it just randomly appeared alongside the other bot voices.

Comment

Originally posted by juma_c View Post
      Ok, here is how far I got: I imported some wav files to "RestrictedAssets/Audio/Character/New", made a copy of the "ThundercrashVoice" blueprint in "RestrictedAssets/Character/Voices", changed the old taunts to my new ones, made a copy of the "Malcolm" Data Asset in "RestrictedAssets/Character/Bots/Thundercrash", changed the Character Voice option to my new blueprint - and now I'm stuck. There is no option to share this asset. It doesn't have to be choosable in some menu, for now it would be enough if it just randomly appeared alongside the other bot voices.
      Many thanks for diving deep and trying your hardest to decode how to add voice lines! As i was starting to get to grips with how to add characters into UT4 (and well... 3D modelling in general), i wondered if there was a way i can add more voices to the list in some capacity so i'd be able to fit lines that match a character (i.e. i'm not too sure that Necris female would work too well with normal human character models) and whatnot. When the time comes, I'll follow the steps you made and once i reach the hard wall, i'll see what i can do about ways to have the voicepack shareable. I guess if you're still around when you read this, Did your new custom voices work on any bots or your player character when testing? Would give me hope that it can be done so i can have motivation to focus attention on my little character project hehe. Whatever the case is, many thanks for your contribution!

Comment

Working...
      X