No announcement yet.

Taunts and Announcer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do what UT2k4 did and make all the announcers chooseable .

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
      Exactly! Make this game mature audience only! You do not need to sell it so no worries where it lands on store shelf.
      And gore, lots and lots of gore!
      FEAR THE TATER

Comment

Originally posted by Taternaut View Post
        And gore, lots and lots of gore!
        Gore you say?

HA HA HA!

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
          One of the announcers (Don Lafontaine) is now dead so we won't be getting him back unless he respawns.
          That sucks.

If he was the announcer in UT99, for me he was the best so far. The feeling when GODLIKE was said, so bluntly, that couldn't be matched.
          M-M-M-MONSTER KILL..Kill...kill

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrious View Post
            Gore you say?

HA HA HA!
            Omg just like this! And not just blood stains, body parts sliding down the wall, intestines hanging, and a liquid physics for blood to drip
            FEAR THE TATER

Comment

Originally posted by Dalyup View Post
              MONSTER KILL!!!!!!!
              I think you meant M-M-M-MMONSTER KILL!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrious View Post
                Gore you say?

HA HA HA!
                Dam i am so tempted to make sea of blood in new particle systems just to show what ultra gore should mean in 2014. :P

Comment

Yes, this needs to be included in the next version of Unreal Tournament. What would be cool to do would be to allow players the ability to record their own taunts and hook them to their characters in addition to using pre-made ones from Epic. Of course, if VOIP is included in the game and costs very little to run on a server, you could just say your taunts via VOIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
                    Dam i am so tempted to make sea of blood in new particle systems just to show what ultra gore should mean in 2014. :P
                    Please do, the gore mod i linked to can be so **** satisfying to land a kill on simply because of the generously spectacular bloom of gibs.

I got a question since you appear to be a dev, what does the particle system use to run, both hardware and software? Is it GPU accelerated with something like Havok/Physx, or does it run entirely on CPU?
                    Last edited by Cyrious; 05-08-2014, 04:46 PM. Reason: stupid wordfilter

Comment

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
                      What would be cool to do would be to allow players the ability to record their own taunts and hook them to their characters in addition to using pre-made ones from Epic.
                      Someone give this man an award
                      FEAR THE TATER

Comment

I'm sorry, did I blow your head apart?

Try turning the safety off!

Hells to the yes on old taunts, with the caveat there's a (client-side) option to not play them. Some people want to keep announcements on, and taunts off, or vice versa, and that's fine, but for those of us who want to hear them all, please let us.

Also, censorship is fine so long as it is optional (child mode, whatever), but absolutely imperative a completely uncensored mode or option is included. None of that "F yeah" ********.

As for the announcer, bring back the original (UT99), or if he's no longer available, at least the original voice filter. Not that Prozac-junkie sports announcer from 2k3. UT3s is alright, but the original is (and always will be) best - think about it, the original UT99's announcer is the one which lead to an entire generation of rip-offs in other games, such as Halo.

M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL, Kill, kill...

Comment

I didn't mind the extra things the announcer said in Unreal Tournament 2004 where there came 2 more after Monster Kill > Ludicrous Kill > Holy ****

Comment

Originally posted by Taternaut View Post
                            Someone give this man an award
                            Thanks! It seems like it's the ultimate way to customize your character!.

Comment

Give me a Japanese/Anime girl announcer so I can invite my weaboo friends to play with me.

Comment

Originally posted by T!mmEy View Post
                                "Fear me!" ... oh.. and the ut2k4 sexy announcer
                                +1. "Blue power node under construction" so sexy!

Comment

Working...
                                X