Taunts and Announcer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SavagE View Post
    I think you meant M-M-M-MMONSTER KILL!!!!!!!

Comment

How about the dancing taunts? What kind of dancing do you want the player to do? For me i want the thrust and the wave.
      History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
      UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
      UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
      UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Originally posted by SDAHeatWave View Post
        How about the dancing taunts? What kind of dancing do you want the player to do? For me i want the thrust and the wave.
        I just want to give everyone the finger.
        Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
          One of the announcers (Don Lafontaine) is now dead so we won't be getting him back unless he respawns.
          I don't think he ever was a UT announcer. The UT3 "reward announcer" was Fred Tatasciore and I'm pretty sure he also did the announcements for the previous UT iterations.
          <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
          <TNSe> nono
          <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
          <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
          <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
          <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
            One of the announcers (Don Lafontaine) is now dead so we won't be getting him back unless he respawns.
            I don't think that was Don LaFontaine.

Comment

Originally posted by SDAHeatWave View Post
              Forgot all about these - yes absolutely! Was always fun giving it the old thrust at the end of a game while all the 'gg's' were said
              M-M-M-MONSTER KILL..Kill...kill

Comment

Run human!

Comment

Squeal boy, squeal!
                  I'm sorry, did I blew your head apart?

Comment

UT1 announcer is one of the definitive features for me in UT. It's not taken to the silly manly-man-doing-loud-noises as the UT200X "sports commentator" variants had, but packs a punch with certain cruelty in it. Maybe make a few different ones available as UT200X has.

As for taunts, the voice taunts of UT1 are still sticking in my head (You like that?, yes I do). More so I would like to see animated gestures return. Nothing like the good old thrust during the end-game scoreboard view.
                    Also known as musilowski.
                    UE user since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by ojrask View Post
                      UT1 announcer is one of the definitive features for me in UT. It's not taken to the silly manly-man-doing-loud-noises as the UT200X "sports commentator" variants had, but packs a punch with certain cruelty in it. Maybe make a few different ones available as UT200X has.

As for taunts, the voice taunts of UT1 are still sticking in my head (You like that?, yes I do). More so I would like to see animated gestures return. Nothing like the good old thrust during the end-game scoreboard view.
                      For me its the way The UT1 announcer can say it, he says badassl, cruel and evil, yet he says it so calmly, and it still sounds so amazing. It just flows so naturally. No need for screaming it.

Comment

Somebody made an awesome add-on voice pack for Xan in 2k4 with F-bombs, and all kinds of nasty stuff that I had nicely bound with the speech binder. Yes we need a speech binder!

As for the announcer, I'd almost say don't bother recording new ones at this point - just allow choosing from the ones already made over all of the games. Would be nice to have new ones but conserving developer bandwidth for the more important stuff is key right now.
                        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by AutoPsychotic View Post

Hells to the yes on old taunts, with the caveat there's a (client-side) option to not play them. Some people want to keep announcements on, and taunts off, or vice versa, and that's fine, but for those of us who want to hear them all, please let us.

Also, censorship is fine so long as it is optional (child mode, whatever), but absolutely imperative a completely uncensored mode or option is included. None of that "F yeah" ********.

As for the announcer, bring back the original (UT99), or if he's no longer available, at least the original voice filter. Not that Prozac-junkie sports announcer from 2k3. UT3s is alright, but the original is (and always will be) best - think about it, the original UT99's announcer is the one which lead to an entire generation of rip-offs in other games, such as Halo.

M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL, Kill, kill...
                          Somebody give this man a cigar or a beer or whiskey or whatever, because he BINGOed it with what is quoted in bold. This was what I hated about UT2004, that all the auto-taunts were snuffed out in server mode ( except when you got fragged ), making custom voice packs totally redundant & there was too much dead air playing on any type of server in UT2004. Please DON'T make the same mistake with this next UT because what good will it be to make custom voice packs & add them to servers if nobody can hear them? Do it like it was done in original UT (1999), PLEASE.
                          Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-20-2014, 03:00 AM.

Comment

UT99 taunts were awesome and had style! They were varied, interesting to listen to and not monotone. I hope Epic also includes the old ones.
                            If you compare the taunts in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCfqoUIug64, you clearly hear the that the UT99 robot voice has a slight background humming and sounds better than the others without it. I really disliked the taunts in UT3 that I turned them off, because they were always shouting and had that tough-guy-attitude. Like swearing to look tough, while you don't need swearing or "your-mama stuff" to make taunts awesome. For me it makes it more annoying and unbelievable. Because come on, "I am the Alpha and the Omega", "Witness my perfection", "That had to hurt!" sounds way better than "You *******" or "Eat **** and die".

He's proving my point here:
                            http://youtu.be/BZ36ED_bL1g?t=14m11s
                            Last edited by Metalfist; 05-20-2014, 08:21 AM.
                            -Fn>Metalfist
                            ---------------------
                            BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | DeviantArt | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Best taunt:

"HA HA HA!" - Male Voice 2

Comment

I'm new to the UT franchise, but I bet these are UT3's taunts they've put in UT4... I just want to turn them off, but not the announcer though, and there's only a global voice setting at the moment. I also agree that UT99's taunts sound good, and that you should have an option to select an announcer voice. Also, how can it be that difficult to just bring back the old voice packs? So ok, there might be some missing lines for some reasons, but still, I bet this is possible to make it in less than one day then deploying it as a hotfix.

Comment

Working...
                                X