Ben Rudman - Announcer Demos! - Voice Overs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear that you are willing to try it

The traditional announcer sounds too much like a UT3 announcer though. Try adding a reverb filter and an echo filter.

Comment

There's already a few reverb layers on that file, but I'm not worrying too much about post processing filters that don't really affect the voice itself.

These are all tests/audition pieces really. I imagine if any of these voices were to be used they'd want raw/unedited sound files. If not however, at that point I'd put more reverb or whatever on top as per request, heh.
      Voice Actor - www.benjaminrudman.com

Comment

Any updates on the MK announcer?

Comment

Originally posted by Raidakk View Post
          Any updates on the MK announcer?
          Sorry! I've been rather busy lately, heh.

I'll try and give it a shot soonish!

That said; would anyone know if there is a full list of announcer lines that UT4 will use, anywhere for reference?
          Last edited by Benjamoose; 05-27-2015, 04:38 AM.

Comment

As for announcer Painkiller announcer was the best

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
              As for announcer Painkiller announcer was the best
              Hmm, I really don't like reverse reverb effects, I am more "in your face", and you can hear the voice has been pitched down, I would actually prefer if it has more distorsion on it, more like vocals used in hardstyle tracks. I will see what can I do after tonights stream, I was busy working last 7 days, gonna try to read what everyone wrote in this thread. And then update my own thread, which I had 0 replys... lol

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
                Hmm, I really don't like reverse reverb effects, I am more "in your face", and you can hear the voice has been pitched down, I would actually prefer if it has more distorsion on it, more like vocals used in hardstyle tracks. I will see what can I do after tonights stream, I was busy working last 7 days, gonna try to read what everyone wrote in this thread. And then update my own thread, which I had 0 replys... lol
                Forgive me if I sound accusatory, and I mean this in the nicest possible way (it was nice when you filtered my audio earlier, heh), but this sorta comes across like you're somewhat promoting your own thread/recording filters in my thread rather than offering constructive criticism .

Apologies if I'm wrong of course.
                Last edited by Benjamoose; 05-27-2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamoose View Post
                  Sorry! I've been rather busy lately, heh.

I'll try and give it a shot soonish!

That said; would anyone know if there is a full list of announcer lines that UT4 will use, anywhere for reference?
                  That's all good.

Comment

Forgive me if I sound accusatory, and I mean this in the nicest possible way (it was nice when you filtered my audio earlier, heh), but this sorta comes across like you're somewhat promoting your own thread/recording filters in my thread rather than offering constructive criticism .

Apologies if I'm wrong of course.
                    Well I didn't wanna offend you but since you want your voice is not that "good" if you ask me for announcer... its more suitable for character voices, announcer needs too be deep voice like in hardstyle music:

Its impossible to achieve this effect, you must have natural voice like this, pitching down voice will not help I tried with formant pitching and it didn't sound even close to real announcer voice.

This is example of good voice that would fit announcer, around 1:35 you can hear voice that should be ingame:

Comment

Well I didn't wanna offend you but since you want your voice is not that "good" if you ask me for announcer...
                      Somewhat inappropriate. Putting down others bluntly to support your own work is unnecessary.

I politely disagree. The default announcer should be deep, but shouldn't really sound like a heavily filtered "hardstyle music" voice at all.

Its impossible to achieve this effect, you must have natural voice like this, pitching down voice will not help I tried with formant pitching and it didn't sound even close to real announcer voice.
                      It's not impossible, but can't be relied upon.

Several of the previous announcers in Unreal Tournament were made with pitch editing and tons of characters (such as the Heavy in Team Fortress 2) are made with pitch editing. It's not impossible, but you have to be able to put a good performance in at one end to get decent results afterwards in post processing at the other. You can't just pitch edit your voice for example and expect it to sound good, but you CAN pitch edit your voice to manipulate a final effect. Pitch editing is an extremely common tool in voice work.

That said, this is a conceptual thread. For me it's about experimentation, performance and having a bit of fun. As read above, some would not be against alternate or upbeat announcers, so there's no reason why my clips have to meet a specific or single person's expectations really.

For example, as MaxCarnage says, I'm sure most wouldn't be opposed of a more upbeat or alternate announcer pack in the game even if it wasn't for the main announcer, heh.
                      Last edited by Benjamoose; 06-01-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I decided to do some of my own alterations to Benjamoose's voice work.

https://clyp.it/ewv5mjtz

IMO: The first one is perfect, but i feel the second and third ones could use more work and im not entirely sure why. It could either be because of the delivery of the lines or my own editing work, but either way I would like to find out why exactly they dont seem to turn out the best.

Comment

Originally posted by MacD11 View Post
                          I decided to do some of my own alterations to Benjamoose's voice work.

https://clyp.it/ewv5mjtz

IMO: The first one is perfect, but i feel the second and third ones could use more work and im not entirely sure why. It could either be because of the delivery of the lines or my own editing work, but either way I would like to find out why exactly they dont seem to turn out the best.
                          I'm going to go with my delivery on that one MacD11. I think your editing is fine.

I could try to imitate what I did in the first clip in a few more sound clips for you to play with if you'd like to experiment somewhat.

Comment

I'm going to go with my delivery on that one MacD11. I think your editing is fine.

I could try to imitate what I did in the first clip in a few more sound clips for you to play with if you'd like to experiment somewhat.
                            Yeah, try that out, I want to see how that will work.

Comment

It reminds me of something from BitTrip: Runner or BioShock Infinite. It's actually good, it just isn't Unreal Tournament at all.
                              Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

It sounds like DR. Arne Magnusson from Half-Life 2: Episode 2! I think it would fit better for a character. By the way, you have a really good voice!

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                                X