Announcement requests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcement requests

So, two streams ago Epic said this is the time to request announcements because they'll start recording them soon. I'm quite surprised there's no thread for it yet, so here goes!

I don't really care much for the rewards announcements, so I guess I'll leave that for others. As for the status announcer, you obviously need to include all of the former gametype announcements, including Bombing Run, (Double) Domination, Warfare, Greed, Betrayal, Invasion, Mutant. Assault has always been a tricky question, because the announcements really depend on the map, so I suppose there's no point in that yet. Perhaps something can be added for Duel specifically too?

Then for other gametypes, I'd imagine some announcements would be nice for Speed, Rocket Arena and perhaps some of the ChaosUT gametypes?

Then the gametype I'm working on myself (XMP), it would be nice to have a full set of announcements too, and some are nicely shareable across gametypes. Since you probably don't have a list of Unreal II XMP announcements, here's a list of what would be good to have (in XMP flags are called artifacts, but I kept the "flag" nomenclature for easier sharing of the sound bits across other gametypes):
    • All flags are in play [For the case when all flags in the game are taken]
    • Flags are critical [For the case when your last flag has been taken, alarming tone]
    • Your team controls all the artifacts
    • Spawn point gained/lost [Or perhaps "captured"?]
    • Your/enemy team controls all spawn points
    • Energy source gained/lost [Ditto]
    • Your/enemy team controls all energy sources
    • Energy is critical [Also alarming tone]
    • Your/enemy team has run out of energy [And/or red/blue/green/gold]
    • Vehicles online/in danger/offline
    • Flag nodes online/in danger/offline [Or perhaps "bases", the place you register flags to score points]
    • Supply packs online/in danger/offline
    • Manned turrets online/in danger/offline
    • Rocket turrets online/in danger/offline
    • Auto turrets online/in danger/offline
    • Land mines online/in danger/offline
    • Field generators online/in danger/offline
    • Laser trip mines online/in danger/offline
    • Supply stations online/in danger/offline

It also needs the Double Domination announcements (Red Team Dominating and Blue Team Dominating, preferably all four teams).

Some more announcements that might come in handy in the future:
    • You are the team leader
    • Red/blue/green/gold respawner is critical/offline
    • Pickups online/in danger/offline
    • Replicators online/in danger/offline
    • Energy relay gained/lost [Or "captured" as above]
    • Production finished
    • Research finished
    Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
    My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

I think you are asking for too much. Announcements should be minimal, and give you some info, but info for everything that happens on map is just too much!

Comment

The XMP announcements are already well-established. They don't fire as often as it might seem, because you need to hack energy generators first, then wait until you have enough energy, then take the enemy flags and capture them. Most of that list is for announcing which technology is available to you, which mostly only fires once per match and is pretty important because that dictates what strategies are available for you. The only things that aren't that important are the "in danger" announcements because they're quickly followed by the "offline" ones if you're low on energy. I suppose the individual spawn point and energy source announcements could be omitted as well.

Comment

I think announcements should be more modular in the settings than previously. Have preferences to disable certain groups of announcements and for those who want to hear it all, they can do so by enabling all. Same goes for reward announcements too.
        Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

-- Assault the Base
          -- Defend the Base
          -- Objective Complete

Or am I late to the party?
          UT4 ASSAULT - PROJECT OWNER
          UT4ASSAULT.COM
          ‚Äč

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
          UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

I recorded some announcer stuff today. My voice died a little bit. I was yelling. I am going for a soldier-like, bloodthirsty voice.

Disclaimer: Normally I don't, but I recorded a couple swears. I recorded Holy SH** and just threw some stuff in to keep going.

Yesterday: (1 mic) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ushed_more.wav

Today: (2 mics) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10208060/Voice_Recordings_SM7B_M80_dynamics_crushed_more_Variation.mp3
            Last edited by av3nger; 07-24-2015, 04:15 PM.
            Trevor B.
            Voice Work
            Sound Effects

Mercenary and Gen Mo'Kai ------------------------------------ Link Gun

Comment

Originally posted by av3nger View Post
              I recorded some announcer stuff today. My voice died a little bit. I was yelling. I am going for a soldier-like, bloodthirsty voice.

Disclaimer: Normally I don't, but I recorded a couple swears. I recorded Holy SH** and just threw some stuff in to keep going.

Today: (2 mics) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10208060/Voice_Recordings_SM7B_M80_dynamics_crushed_more_Variation.mp3
              i like your voice announcements! some of them made me laugh, as it does to you too. i like orange and gold team. hell, let's have gay rainbow team, LMAO! let's even have shades of gay and shades of grey teams, LMAO! like grey matter for empathy.
              Last edited by MettaCognition; 07-24-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

NEW ANNOUNCMENTS!

HAARPOON Weapon
                Nebular (Weather Weapon)
                Andromeda:
                Volley Rocket Shotgun
                Kaleidoscope Sniper

OLD:
                Ion Painter
                Shield Gun
                Ripjack

Comment

Hey thanks man! I'll try doin' some more eventually here!
                  Trevor B.
                  Voice Work
                  Sound Effects

Comment

Nice av3nger, i can hear some distorsion and hisses, lower your mic input, with some pitching down and few effects this would be great.
                    I will download and play with your voice if you don't mind and post it back here.

Comment

Did a quick remix of your voice, tell me if you like it:

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/xFMsfzj1/file.html

Also greatemerald, if you are doing a your own gametype i would be happy to help you out with your announcments.

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
                        Did a quick remix of your voice, tell me if you like it:

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/xFMsfzj1/file.html

Also greatemerald, if you are doing a your own gametype i would be happy to help you out with your announcments.
                        That was different. I'm glad I tried to sound clear. My style makes the robot voice sound possessed or just like it's wigging out.

"You have won the match" and "You have lost the match" sounded great actually. A lot of em did.

I'm pretty sure that hiss is actually the computer fan in the background.

This is my new go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...KH416_SM7B.mp3
                        Last edited by av3nger; 08-06-2015, 04:28 PM.
                        Trevor B.
                        Voice Work
                        Sound Effects

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
                          Most of the announcements could be simply ported over from the original without changes. The point of this list is to both make them more generic, so that more gametypes could use them, and to also make them official (so that the same voice actor would cover all the announcements).

Comment

That was different. I'm glad I tried to sound clear. My style makes the robot voice sound possessed or just like it's wigging out.

"You have won the match" and "You have lost the match" sounded great actually. A lot of em did.

I'm pretty sure that hiss is actually the computer fan in the background.

This is my new go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...KH416_SM7B.mp3
                            Yeah I kinda put alot effects on it, just simple pitch down could work good also, your voice is great, to bad I still can hear noise in background on last take also :P

Comment

Thanks man!
                              Yeah I'm sure it's the computer fan. I'll have to wait until I can afford a field recorder and record outside of my room.
                              Trevor B.
                              Voice Work
                              Sound Effects

Comment

Working...
                              X