• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FINISHED] Dawn

======
    FINISHED (18-10-2015)
    ======

Discussed a bit with Trevor and we decided to leave the real guitar out for this track, because synthetic just works better with this, so perhaps for the next track

I polished it up a bit, changed the end part yet again and made it loop seamlessly. This did produce a small artifact at the beginning, so I might still take a look at that, but other than that little thing this track is done, and this is the final version unless something drastic is wrong with it.

Video:

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/da...oncept-for-ut4
    Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Dawn-final.mp3

I will update my main thread soon.

Thanks for the feedback!

Progress update 11-10-2015

Progress for this weekend, after many many iterations. The overall arrangement is complete, now adding in bits of guitars, both synthetic and real (currently only synth ones as the real stuff needs to be recorded still) layered.

I'm aware that the first part of the track lacks guitar compared to the last (new) part, that's why everything is still WIP, will balance this out next week hopefully with actual recordings as well. Other oddities and things that feel weird will be fixed then as well hopefully

Version 3:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51891186/Dawn_WIP_V2-9.mp3

The track will indeed not become longer than this, 3 minutes is my sweet spot anyway.

Feedback is welcome!

======================================

Progress update 04-10-2015

So I made several iterations, and after completely scrapping a few of them I eventually ended up here:

Version 2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...awn_WIP_V2.mp3

This is a gameplay video on DM-Chill with the WIP track playing, to give an idea of how it meshes with the game:

The track is far from finished, I will be aiming for at least 3 minutes, hopefully 4 but no guarantees, plus it's still gonna have some guitar stuff -somewhere- in it.

Feedback is always welcome!

======================================

Hello, working on something new again.

This is what I got: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51891186/Dawn.mp3

It is in very early stages, so quite short still, and I have no time to finish it soon, so I will likely resume working on it in ~2 weeks.

The arrangement itself is pretty WIP (it will probably have a proper intro), but the mastering and the instruments have come along pretty far already, nearly done.

The guitar in the second half (recorded by Trevor/Av3nger) was experimental, it will most likely get replaced/removed/enhanced.

Feedback is welcome!
    Last edited by Avalanche._; 10-17-2015, 07:13 PM. Reason: progress update 18-10-2015
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

I like this one alot, this is really good. The guitar certainly needs more beef, it sounds too weak with all the driving synths going. The guitar riff could also use some variety, always doing the same thing might get boring quite fast.
    But certainly lots of potential!
    Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
    Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
      I like this one alot, this is really good. The guitar certainly needs more beef, it sounds too weak with all the driving synths going. The guitar riff could also use some variety, always doing the same thing might get boring quite fast.
      But certainly lots of potential!
      Thanks haha, yeah the current guitar was a lot of hack 'n slash work from a lengthy recording from Av3nger, it also had to be warped in a rather awkward way, but now that the direction is more clear we can probably come up with something that suits it better right off the bat, with variations and all the fancy stuff

Comment

Loving the synths. I will be working more on microphone placement. We are working on variation now...as this was just a test with the guitar sampled.
        Trevor B.
        Voice Work
        Sound Effects

Mercenary and Gen Mo'Kai ------------------------------------ Link Gun

Comment

I love it how it is already!

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigy613 View Post
            Me too

I thought I already post in your thread Archer to realise I didn't !

Another killer start m8

I was wondering how the collab track with Shivaxi is going ? Because, it's another great track at the horizon
            Stevie's corner
            My UT4 maps
            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Great start! Bring the guitar up in the mix a little and you're on a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by av3nger View Post
                Loving the synths. I will be working more on microphone placement. We are working on variation now...as this was just a test with the guitar sampled.
                Aye

Originally posted by Prodigy613 View Post
                Happy to hear that, although I'm not satisfied yet myself. I want to try my best to make this track sound special in one way or another, expect some interesting stuff somewhere next weekend hopefully

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                Me too

I thought I already post in your thread Archer to realise I didn't !

Another killer start m8

I was wondering how the collab track with Shivaxi is going ? Because, it's another great track at the horizon
                The lack of time I had did no good to that track, but fortunately Shivaxi made some good progress on it himself as well. Last weekend I had a bit of time and we took a look at it together, but then the awesome UT CTF stream started so we had to watch that

But yeah, there was some small progress then, maybe more next week!

Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
                Great start! Bring the guitar up in the mix a little and you're on a winner.
                Yeah, we have to find some time to record/make guitar samples that suits the track, for now I removed it entirely because the quality of the implementation wasn't sufficient.

For the record, this is the current state of the project: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../ProjectX3.mp3

Although I don't really consider it an update, because the guitar was removed, the drums were slightly enhanced and some additional harmony stuff was added at the end.

Comment

awesome tune !
                  MY VOICE DEMOS POST|| MY SOUNDCLOUD

Comment

Updated the track, and added a video with the music playing during gameplay.

Feedback is welcome!

Comment

It sounds pretty much as a regular UT track, which is a good thing. But it should have something of it's own.. I don't hear or get the 'dawn' thingie, make it more mystic, or ethernal? Or a guitar solo? I dont know. To me this is just a drum and base set.
                      | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                      Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
                        It sounds pretty much as a regular UT track, which is a good thing. But it should have something of it's own.. I don't hear or get the 'dawn' thingie, make it more mystic, or ethernal? Or a guitar solo? I dont know. To me this is just a drum and base set.
                        Thanks for your feedback.

The name 'Dawn' does not imply that it will be a mystic track, my focus comes down to the following keywords: Action, graceful/gentle, motivating.

I'm not sure if I can fit in mystic elements in its current state, maybe, but the guitars and stuff will still be coming, and you'll likely start to hear some of that next week

Comment

This track is awesome (like so many of yours) Fantastic work man. It has a really driving beat, pads that create a chilly cold atmosphere and really cool synth's. You really know how to produce awesome songs for this game ^_^ Looking forward to see this and much more of your work ingame

Comment

The only thing that I can say it is that it's getting better and better Brief it's on the right way

Excellent collab, hoping you can reach the 3:00 - 3:30 to make it a complete track.
                            Stevie's corner
                            My UT4 maps
                            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                              This track is awesome (like so many of yours) Fantastic work man. It has a really driving beat, pads that create a chilly cold atmosphere and really cool synth's. You really know how to produce awesome songs for this game ^_^ Looking forward to see this and much more of your work ingame
                              Thanks, I would really love to finish this track faster but barely got the time for it, this weekend maybe

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                              The only thing that I can say it is that it's getting better and better Brief it's on the right way

Excellent collab, hoping you can reach the 3:00 - 3:30 to make it a complete track.
                              I'll try for sure, thanks for the comment

Comment

Working...
                              X