Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shivaxi's Music Thread (and collaborations)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Shivaxi View Post
    Cybernetika and I have officially started working on music together in honor of UT4, Alexander Brandon, and Michiel Van Den Bos, as we're taking inspiration from their amazing work from the original UT99. I'll keep this post updated with the tunes we come up with!

    As for a teaser, here's something we started working on together, taking inspiration from Foregone mainly for those light ambient scifi/spacy Drum & Bass sounds:

    [updated may 28]
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qq5f387is9...er%20v1%5D.mp3

    Really early work in progress but I think we're going in the right direction, lemme know what you guys think! Also sorry you have to download, wish there was a way to embed music to play it directly from the forum post.
    Wow, awesome

    Comment


      #17
      Sweet! I can totally imagine myself playing a UT level to this music.
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

      Comment


        #18
        Transference is now complete! Updated first post with both WAV and MP3 links which you can find here as well:

        Cybernetika & Shivaxi - Transference

        WAV --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuwn25opyb...er%20v2%5D.wav
        MP3 --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ms9pyw5og...er%20v2%5D.mp3

        Again thanks for all the support! We will continue to make more music and will post it here when we have something worth showing. Epic, I hope you're watching! =D These tunes are for you guys and for Unreal Tournament! \o/

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Shivaxi View Post
          Transference is now complete! Updated first post with both WAV and MP3 links which you can find here as well:

          Cybernetika & Shivaxi - Transference

          WAV --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuwn25opyb...er%20v2%5D.wav
          MP3 --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ms9pyw5og...er%20v2%5D.mp3

          Again thanks for all the support! We will continue to make more music and will post it here when we have something worth showing. Epic, I hope you're watching! =D These tunes are for you guys and for Unreal Tournament! \o/
          Thanks to Shivaxi for the great collab!
          Really glad about how that track came out. We will make sure more will follow!

          Comment


            #20
            Nice atmospheres. Don't really like the sound/melody of the bell synth in the first half of the song (it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the song; it also seems to be clipping, I'm hearing some distortion when it's playing solo around 0:55), but that's my only criticism. Good work.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Sonaeris View Post
              Nice atmospheres. Don't really like the sound/melody of the bell synth in the first half of the song (it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the song; it also seems to be clipping, I'm hearing some distortion when it's playing solo around 0:55), but that's my only criticism. Good work.
              Thanks for the feedback. I think the bell melody fits, but I did notice that slight distortion around 0:55 too. It was subtle enough that I didn't bother with it too much, and it adds a bit more atmosphere. We can always change it if we have to =P

              Originally posted by Cybernetika View Post
              Thanks to Shivaxi for the great collab!
              Really glad about how that track came out. We will make sure more will follow!
              Cybernetika in the HOOUSSEEE!! \m/ (>_<) \m/ bigups man Hey you know that new song we just started this morning? xD

              https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2wny5mq01...emo%203%29.mp3

              Quick taste of what we're whipping up next! Something a bit slower this time
              Last edited by Shivaxi; 05-30-2014, 03:18 PM.

              Comment


                #22
                deeep guys that is epic work more tunes please =D

                Comment


                  #23
                  yo' this **** is so fresh. god, i have listened to the ut soundtrack forwards and backwards a million times and these tracks are like listening to missing tracks suddenly unearthed
                  nice...******* nice...this is the kind of **** we need in the next ut...
                  mad props

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Truthfully for me ..i don't like it. Not a fan of the Techno Music and it will do nothing to enhance my gaming experience on a new UT game. I envisioned Music for the new game to be more like this
                    Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Just listened to Transference - Absolutely loved it!

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Big up's man on your work. I'm really happy I stumbled upon this thread. This is going in the right direction for sure and the tune is definitely one I would listen to in some big outer space map with planets revolving around. I miss more outer space maps in general. Some of the element's I loved about the original was soundscapes that felt slightly echoey and industrial/cathedral but yet very futuristic. I enjoy the fast dnb and then particularly part's where you're slowing it down a bit (ala 2:30), it makes you feel the presence of the world. I'd like to hear something with just a tad slower bpm as well but this is ****** good.

                        Keep up the amazing work!
                        Last edited by xios; 06-02-2014, 07:16 PM.
                        irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Wow, thank you guys so much for the feedback! I'm really glad you guys are liking what we're doing. Cybernetika sends his thanks as well ^^ (He's a busy guy and can't get on the forums often =P )

                          A little update on the 2nd tune we are working on:

                          https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvuxw54p0w...ter%201%29.mp3 (updated in first post as well)

                          This is a complete version that loops correctly as well, but Cybernetika and I were thinking about changing the second half of the tune, and possibly a different mastering. We'll see what happens, and the next time I update this thread, the tune should be finished and I'll have a 3rd collaboration tune to show you guys =) Again much appreciated for all the support so far!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Now I dig that last track better than then the first one...Great work!
                            Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I really like it, keep it up!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Megasporwic View Post
                                Truthfully for me ..i don't like it. Not a fan of the Techno Music and it will do nothing to enhance my gaming experience on a new UT game. I envisioned Music for the new game to be more like this
                                That sounds like music from Contra on NES.

                                I liked Transference.. Im interested in hearing what some of your other tracks might sound like Shivaxi

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X