Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shivaxi's Music Thread (and collaborations)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    THX for sharing all of your own music and your collaboration work too And also THX sharing the WAV's!

Most tracks are too chaotics for me but even then, I can say it is very well made

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bootlegs & Remixes Vol. 2 out now! Figured I'd post this for those following my music, as it also includes a couple Unreal remixes I did, free download:

https://shivaxi.bandcamp.com/album/b...-remixes-vol-2

Tracklist:

1. Duo Infernale - Positive Vibes (Shivaxi Bootleg)
    2. Atlas Plug - Truth Be Known (Shivaxi Bootleg)
    3. Evol Intent - Middle Of The Night (Shivaxi Remix)
    4. Rom Di Prisco & Jesper Kyd - Foregone Destruction (UT3 Remix) [Shivaxi Edit Mix]
    5. Brian Rietzell - The Bunker (Shivaxi Remix) [Watch Dogs]
    6. Dan Wentz - Spook (Shivaxi Bootleg) [FreeSpace]
    7. Cybernetika - Antares (Shivaxi Remix)
    8. Alexander Brandon - Dig (Shivaxi Remix) [Unreal]
    9. Shivaxi - Never Let Go
    10. MrFuby - Adrenaline (Shivaxi Remix) [No Time To Explain]

Did this little promo vid for it too:

Last edited by Shivaxi; 02-08-2016, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Shivaxi & Xenofish - Future Prophecy
    WAV --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym56ded42f...op%29.wav?dl=1

Something Xenofish and I have had in the works for a while, going to be a free release out on Ektoplazm, 4 track EP titled "No Turning Back". Wanted to bring this sound to UT, so made a loopable version of it

Shivaxi & Xenofish - Tesla Bass
    WAV --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ie5fj4qxbo...op%29.wav?dl=1

Another one here by Xenofish and I. This may be a bit crazy, but we think it could work for a really hectic and super fast paced Deathmatch Map possibly (hence in the video I spawned 32 bots :P). Lemme know what you guys think.
    Last edited by Shivaxi; 01-11-2016, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got a new release out, nothing for UT4 I don't think but figured I share with ya'll:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Shivaxi, and Entropy

I love the menu track redux. This should be the games menu music, not the current track and here is why.

Fabian's track is excellent work in its own right. It is the perfect track to use on a trailer who's purpose is to hook the old player base. However, when I listen to it now having heard it a many times I do not get excited excited to play UT4 and that is a serious problem. The menu music should pump the player up to play the game. Nostalgia is good, excitement is better. Enter your track.

I have now listened to it 20+ times so I know the newness of it has worn off. The first thing to note is the opening, most of the time a player hears is the menu track it will be for 30 seconds or less. Yours does a much better job of kicking into gear faster. Right from the start I enjoy it and do not have to wait to get to a good part. Second this track is is much more intense. Fabians sounds more like an opera, and this has a more sexy and aggressive sound. Listing to it the words that come to mind are "f0ck yeah" and that is exactly what you want for Unreal Tournament. I still enjoy listing to it both the beginning and the entire track over and over and that is important. How many time will people load this game over it's lifetime....A lot.

Great job.
    Hey that means a lot, thank you for sharing your opinion on the track, glad to know people really enjoy it =) I think I'd explode if our track ends up being used for the main menu, let alone any of my tracks being used for official maps...that'd be a dream come true. I never expect anything when producing music, I do this for fun and just the pure enjoyment of sound and music, and it's great when others can share in that same enjoyment and get something out of listening to the track as much as I do creating the track. I'm getting a little philosophical I guess but yeah, Mellow Sonic and I took a lot of inspiration from the original UT99 theme of course, with our own twist and ideas on the matter to create something we really liked, and in our own style, and again all just for fun ^^

Again thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Shivaxi, and Entropy

I love the menu track redux. This should be the games menu music, not the current track and here is why.

Fabian's track is excellent work in its own right. It is the perfect track to use on a trailer who's purpose is to hook the old player base. However, when I listen to it now having heard it a many times I do not get excited excited to play UT4 and that is a serious problem. The menu music should pump the player up to play the game. Nostalgia is good, excitement is better. Enter your track.

I have now listened to it 20+ times so I know the newness of it has worn off. The first thing to note is the opening, most of the time a player hears is the menu track it will be for 30 seconds or less. Yours does a much better job of kicking into gear faster. Right from the start I enjoy it and do not have to wait to get to a good part. Second this track is is much more intense. Fabians sounds more like an opera, and this has a more sexy and aggressive sound. Listing to it the words that come to mind are "f0ck yeah" and that is exactly what you want for Unreal Tournament. I still enjoy listing to it both the beginning and the entire track over and over and that is important. How many time will people load this game over it's lifetime....A lot.

Great job.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great stuff as usual Shivaxi! A lot of the tracks on that EP would be wonderful for a space based map (as the album cover would show.) Loads of cool textures and driving arrangements and mix. Great work to both of you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Figured I'd keep a bit up to date, released a new EP here with Mellow Sonic called Star Particles EP

https://shivaxi.bandcamp.com/album/star-particles-ep

Really happy with these, though originally planned as an album, complications with my hard drive failing kinda ruined those plans so, decided to just release what we had in this 4 track EP. Some of these I could see working for UT, so I may do some UT edits of these tracks later on, lemme know what you guys think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
    I especially like the ending of this track.
    Have you guys continued to work on this one?
    Yup, that track is finished. Just holding off on a release till we can find a right place for it =)

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    Awesome collaboration !!!

Another one that as been added to my collection

THX for sharing the WAV file too
    many thanks =)

EDIT:

Also made a little break beatsong in an hour out of boredom, maybe could be for UT, dunno:

https://soundcloud.com/shivaxi/skytech
    Last edited by Shivaxi; 11-19-2015, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shivaxi View Post
    Brand new single, released free, featuring myself, Cybernetika, Mellow Sonic, and Xenofish. The 4 of us went nuts one night and this popped out xD

Enjoy!
    Awesome collaboration !!!

Another one that as been added to my collection

THX for sharing the WAV file too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Recently collabed with Xenofish to create this epic track right here, currently untitled:

https://soundcloud.com/shivaxi/shiva...ofish-collab-1

It wasn't originally with UT in mind but, after showing it to a few people, others suggested and said it could work for UT. So I'd let to get some more opinions, perhaps I'll make a UT version of the track once it's fully finished.
    I especially like the ending of this track.
    Have you guys continued to work on this one?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Brand new single, released free, featuring myself, Cybernetika, Mellow Sonic, and Xenofish. The 4 of us went nuts one night and this popped out xD

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Shivaxi! Took a listen to the Xenofish collab demo clip and I have a few crits/suggestions to give you!

1. I think that some kind of short stinger or tune should follow the beat from the 1:25 mark to the 1:58 mark. Probably just a quick, "upbeat" sounding stinger that echoes a few times. Im not completely knowledgeable of music terminology, so I dont know exactly how to put what im thinking of into words here. Basically I feel some kind of short stinger that is repeated a few times that follows the track for that time period I think would fit the song nicely.

2. I feel like the cymbal crashing sound that accompanies the vocals (as well as the vocals themselves) at around 1:58 could probably be a little louder imo. The extra emphasis I feel would fit nicely in the track.

3. I think an electronic drum beat that follows the rhythm of a heart beat that starts at 2:40 and gradually fades out until the song gets to 3:00 would be very nice to have in that segment of the song. Maybe an additional melodic synth that follows the vocals for that duration would be nice too.

Overall, I think the track would fit great in a level for UT! I know I would love to include it in one of my own levels (when I finally get to making them :l), I just feel some tweaks should probably be made to the song to improve upon it and what-not. Awesome job so far!

Some name suggestions: Crawl, In-Orbit, Cloudcrasher, Acekick, Rush for the Lead, Soul-Space, Weightless Intensity.

As for Sky Haven, I generally like the idea of the track and where its headed, but imo youd probably need to remix the whole song if you want it to fit perfectly into UT. Right now, it feels like the track could, overall, have more inside of it. I like the pads you are using and the beat you have going in it so far, but i think theres still work to be done on that track.

Great tracks so far though! I really like the demo you made with Xenofish thus far and hope something amazing comes of it!
    Last edited by MacD11; 10-10-2015, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Recently collabed with Xenofish to create this epic track right here, currently untitled:

It wasn't originally with UT in mind but, after showing it to a few people, others suggested and said it could work for UT. So I'd let to get some more opinions, perhaps I'll make a UT version of the track once it's fully finished.
    v2 DEMO CLIP

Awesome

And it fit's UT perfectly well imho, doesn't need much to obtain a UT edit

EDIT: There's also this track I wrote recently, Sky Haven, again not with UT in mind but possibly could work, thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/shivaxi/sky-haven
    Good start. The only thing that I found to repetitive is the fact the melody just "stop like", dont know hot to explain the effect, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• replied

EDIT: There's also this track I wrote recently, Sky Haven, again not with UT in mind but possibly could work, thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/shivaxi/sky-haven
    Last edited by Shivaxi; 10-10-2015, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X